Server time (UTC): 2019-10-24, 00:28
Sign in to follow this  
HumbleMortician

Audio Journals and Rambling Cheery Tears- Mischa Stanton

A lone cassette tape could be found discarded on a table, in a random house, for some poor sap to find and hope that it might be music. 

Upon finally finding a recorder and a battery, playback would follow as ensued..

I like this, however, it could be a bit less distorted and more on a darker tone

Other than that, I'd suggest you keep doing it! 😄

Journal entry, Day ???

"Mischa here.. I lost my tape recorder.. But! On the bright side, I found a nice, neat new little journal. It's not in bad shape, either! Unfortunately all I have to work with is a little red pen I found a little while ago.. But better than nothing.

So let's see, to catch up on things.. where did I even leave off.. jeez.. 

We relocated again. Haven and I. It was.. A surprise, to say the least. I didn't think they'd listen to me after the talk I had with Vladimir..? Was that his name? Vlad. I've been laying low ever since. My rib's been hurting like a bitch so I did what I thought was only smart- and stayed bedridden for a few days to let it heal.

Long story short if I didn't mention it before- Zombie horde found me, I got fucked up, broke a rib and woke up outside of Chernogorsk. It was scary as fuck. I still don't know how the fuck I ended up all the way down there, and I will continue to be creeped out at the thought that someone found me unconscious and dragged me all the way down there for some sick joke.

..In other news, though.. JJ and Robin were doing well, last radio transmission I received from them. That makes me happy. Those girls have been nothing but a godsend and just.. I hope they're alright..

There's been a little relief in all this awful madness though! Quinton's been.. Really, really kind to me. Not gonna lie, I think I might even be in love. He drew a picture for me. Of me! The first thing he's drawn since this whole thing even began.. We also got to talking about our history. How we came to be, before this outbreak.. Why we're even here, what we want to do, our goals.. A lot of things seem to line up just right.

We want to help people. We want to make a community. We want to bring back a manner of peace the way we had it before. Without worry of being shot, kidnapped, eaten by cannibals.. None of that.

We just have to be very, very careful about how we go about it anymore. For fear of this journal being found, I can't even say where I moved to. But eventually, there will be a remote location set up. Where we can call out for any friendly survivors that need a place to go. Then we can take them back and let them in and make a home again.

At least, that's the ideal image in mind..

..Sunny keeps calling me. Wanting me to come back. Telling me that my family needs me. I miss LT.. Ol' Turkey.. He's like my Dad, you know?

The Toymakers, at least, from what I have observed in my time with them, have really not done any of the things the rumors have been circulating.. If anything, I actually kind of pity them. Rumors have been constantly catching the ears of other groups, and constantly, they come and take what they wanted. I was present during one of these things.. Where I met Vlad. He didn't even recognize me, and it alarmed me when he showed up later back up in Turovo with JJ and Robin, of all people!

That man showed up and acted like god almighty himself when he stood in front of Neil.. Poor Neil..  He had only been made a toy a day prior.. He stood his ground, though. He didn't leave.

Vlad seemed so puzzled, as to why toys don't want to leave.. He didn't seem to "get it" then. Nor do I think he will now.

They're.. A dysfunctional family. I think, anyways. They've helped each other. I've seen it. Neil was with them for a few days prior to, just smiling and enjoying company!

Why would he be a toy if he didn't want to be?

Why would LT willingly walk into their group and become a toy if it was such an awful thing to be?

..People confuse me..

Subject change..

I got to meet up with Ol' Turkey for a few days. We set up a little campsite and just.. Caught up on everything. Shared some Tac Bacon, drank a beer together. He shared some really delicious pastries that he brought with him! It was great!! Best day a girl could've ever asked for.

It was even better when we wound down with just relaxing against each other. Then we got to talking. In a weird way, LT adopted me. Just like I adopted him.

He's literally the dad I never got to have.. We both cried. Hahaha.. I was an ugly mess after that.. But it was the best thing I could've ever asked for..

Between that and giving Quinton kisses, anyways!

Anyways.. I'm going to keep that drawing Quinton did of me, nice and safe in my journal. So it won't get too wrinkled anymore.

On the bright side, I feel a whole lot better after writing everything down now. Since this journal is pretty empty, I can also add a bunch of little doodles, too! I'm excited for that!

Maybe I can doodle a few of the pictures I've been tempted to do since wandering around. A few scenic things. You know?

-Mischa

Neatly placed inside the journal, a folded piece of paper with a drawing within.

Mischa doodle.png

Found in the fireplace of the house up the hill, just North of Kozlovka, would be a burnt journal.

Familiar writings found in the previous pages, among which the charred scraps of a drawing. 

Only one passage can be found towards the bottom of one of the singed pages.

"I am with my family now. Family is all that matters. 

-X"

It is not likely that there will be future messages from this woman.. But time will tell.

dh6stz-c0ca672a-c663-4ea8-8fab-cfb39d72751f.jpg

Days have long since passed since arrival to the camp.

A new journal would be found, 'fresh', yet somewhat worn down from constant gripping and use.

A familiar red ink would be found inside.

"Holy shit.

Holy fucking shit.

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit.

So much.. I didn't even think I would really bother but I feel like this needs to be shared now.

So much has happened, jesus christ I can't even-

Where do I even start???

Okay okay okay.. soo.. uh.. Let's see.. Left Haven.. Joined my new family.. Immediately, I was put to the test when some creepy bastard named Anthony tried to creep on Talli- Our young girl in camp. At first I was a little 'iffy', having spoken with him previously.. Then upon hearing who he was- that he killed around 30 women.. All women..

The lines would appear thicker. Written harder. Indicating rage..

That son of a bitch deserved everything he got. I only wish I could have went the extra mile to take an extra piece off him. Hope he loves his new smile. Fucker.

Since then.. We've actually been rather lax on things. It.. Kind of has been a relief. It's been feeling more and more like a family as I was initially promised. Everyone has their roles. Everyone knows what to do. We've been trading a lot, too.. Good and bad, we've taken everything in stride.

What took me by surprise was the amount of attention I've gotten. I never would have imagined. It was hilarious at first, but now I'm getting a little concerned.. But after the broadcast I caught on, I guess I can relax a little more. Emmanuel.. What an odd guy. Hahaha. I hope he finds his love like he's been wanting, and I hope for her sake- it's more than just a simple lay.

Speaking of love.

..Julian Jacobs. ..A fellow American. Strong. Headstrong, too.. Smokes.. Wears american flags all the time.. Due to constant trouble, he's even got a eyepatch now.. But that smile.. He's been very charming. So much so that.. well..

...I said yes.

Unofficially, I am Mischa Jacobs now. The ring was made from the pin of a grenade. Carefully manipulated and resized with pliers to fit my finger. ..Just a little simple scrap of metal means so much to me now..

And I didn't even think..

I genuinely didn't think it would be possible to be in this state. Not after Quinton. But the way he just.. The way he spoke to me. So clear and full of intent, and his promise. I couldn't help myself. What was the point of trying to survive when you won't take the chance to find happiness, right? If.. If we end up hurt..

..I don't know what I will do. I do not even want to think about it.

I don't deserve this happiness. I don't.

But I am going to savor it, and try to maintain it, for as long as I fucking can.

If anyone ever tries to ruin it.. To hurt Julian.. To hurt My Family  ...

..The whispers of what the Toymakers do will be a fantasy in comparison to what I would do to that poor soul..

Death will be a luxury.

My voice will be the last thing you will ever hear.

...I have a lot of work to do. I have a large family to protect.

-Mischa Jacobs

The end of the journal entry would have little hearts drawn in around the name. As well as a little American Flag scribbled near the last name. For now, the new journal would be kept safe. Close to Mischa's heart. For now.