Server time (UTC): 2019-07-18, 03:37
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Group settlements

Just now, Brayces said:

This! ^^^ 20 active members is too high for a settlement. Unless it's a level 4.

IMO, make a Level 1 = 5 Active members, Level 2 = 10 or whatever the numbers are so smaller groups that are official can have a base as well and need to increase membership in order to have a higher Base Level. 

Not going to add code to server every Monday for every 5 man group.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Uhm @Roland so does this mean when my group of like 9 members makes a camp, walls it off and allows it for the public, has not been a group for a month and has not got 20 members on the roster and has put a shit ton of work and effort into the building of their settlement, it'll be deleted every Monday?

If that is the case. No. We're working hard on creating something for the server, but we can't rack up 20 members and we simply don't wanna. We're a family that want a home and a place to have people come together.

This is about group settlements? It has nothing to do with your regular base building whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

This is about group settlements? It has nothing to do with your regular base building whatsoever.

Oh, so basebuilding items won't be deleted every Monday. That's fine then. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Roland said:

Not going to add code to server every Monday for every 5 man group.

Still think 20 is too high... Perhaps 15? or 10? What about smaller groups then? Is there no ability for smaller groups to have smaller bases or are they regulated to having just tents and barrels, etc? 

Or do you suggest they go ahead and "ally" with a larger group to be apart of their settlement to live in and RP? Suppose that can work. 

Read the repost from you and Phoenix. 

Edited by Brayces

Posted (edited)

In the mod you had different levels of bases for how you played so you had hero and bandit level camps. 

Possible have two different sets to levels for hero and bandit?.

Edited by FalkRP

Looks good to me, I would allow level 1 to have walls though.

Posted (edited)

I love the evolution idea I thought about putting something similar in my post but ditched the idea since I wasn’t sure how to go about, I think a week is a good amount of time maybe 2 at most. 

Edited by S.Bradley
Sorry post didn’t up date

30 minutes ago, Brayces said:

Still think 20 is too high... Perhaps 15? or 10?

I think this is a great idea. Possibly level 1 needs 10 members, 2 and 3 needs 15 members and level 4 needs 20 members?

OR

Just have a straight set 10 or 15 members to be able to apply for built settlements period.

I think 10 members should be reasonable for entry level settlement. Thinking about housi g objects, what would those be, since pretty much every building spawn some kind of loot, be it a piece of clothing or sporadic can of tuna. 

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, FalkRP said:

In the mod you had different levels of bases for how you played so you had hero and bandit level camps. 

Possible have two different sets to levels for hero and bandit?.

Were you around for mod? I dont recall there being levels, any clan that had an impact on the server got a camp and a few swayed from hero to bandit or vice versa. A clan that labels them like this is silly because RP should progress and change them overtime. Free Medics are probably the only exception that done it well, but even they got into some dirt with the FMDS.

Anyways, settlements are fucking great and building could be removed depending on how the new update works out, @Roland I saw you post all the objects that have been built and theres quite a few bobs out there so the server will probably be having it rough in a few weeks.

HYPE though,

joMWXKu.jpg

EoH3MGk.jpg

Jt1vE13.jpgoQmlu1Z.jpg

(Guy with his hands up only one not to resist, the sanctuary was nearly impossible to take)

edit: goin through 100s of screens trying to find interiors,

Vf4bttD.jpg

DayZ standalones building is cool nd all, but hopefully we can get stuff like this using assets in the game.

Edited by Jerry

I think this is an excellent idea, but as many others have stated, I feel as if the 20 member requirement is too high, especially for entry level. I would say 10-15 members would be good for a level 1, and then get progressively higher based on level.

The feedback progression could be abused, both by someone trying to help and hurt the group.

That being said, I like where this is going. I just think some refinement is needed.

My initial reaction was concern for groups being able to circumvent the effort of actually building shit IG but if they need to wait a whole month then I agree w this. Looks good, adds dynamic-ness to our cozy map. +1

Posted (edited)

I think this is my calling...

But I think settlements should be certain distances away from eachother instead of having them all in one area of the map because people should still have to travel quite a bit to check out the different settlements instead of all of them on the same street or section of the map.

Also it would be awesome to take over certain buildings but remove the ability for them to spawn certain things instead of not using the already existing buildings the game gives us.

Edited by Finn

Interesting idea, I feel after some time things will settle out and this will be a good addition to the server. Looking forward to see what groups come up with.

+1 This idea but I would have to agree, 20 is a bit high for a requirement just to start. Most Approved groups that haven't had major incidents (I'm using IC incidents like wars) are under 20 members.

Though everything else looks awesome!

37 minutes ago, Finn said:

I think this is my calling...

But I think settlements should be certain distances away from eachother instead of having them all in one area of the map because people should still have to travel quite a bit to check out the different settlements instead of all of them on the same street or section of the map.

Also it would be awesome to take over certain buildings but remove the ability for them to spawn certain things instead of not using the already existing buildings the game gives us.

@Finn New grp incoming? (hmu on steam) Also, I think that making the levels have member requirements isa good idea. Like others said, lvl1 - 10 members, 2/3 - 15 members and 4 -20 members. To encourage growth and also allow smaller groups to have some sort of camp.

Looks really promising except:

The 20 person requirement is a bit steep. IMO - You want groups that are forming up to having something that they're workign towards without leaving them completely in the wild to die.
Level 1 should be allowed walls. Walls are like mad importante.

To put even more OOC pressure and desire for an amount cap of members is a really terrible idea. We should prioritize quality over quantity. If you already have 10 people talking in one spot you can't hold a single conversation.

Not to mention I made the mistake to prioritized numbers over all else in a group and it made for some real unneeded stress, so when some OOC rule mandates 20 max it's pretty unreasonable for the owner, plus it just sucks having staff up your ass constantly about activity already. Speaking as a former group leader.

Maybe have each level correspond with the amount in your group? Thus making the diameter of the area larger too, to avoid the broken voip making everyone talk over one another.

10 minutes ago, Mugin said:

To put even more OOC pressure and desire for an amount cap of members is a really terrible idea. We should prioritize quality over quantity. If you already have 10 people talking in one spot you can't hold a single conversation.

Not to mention I made the mistake to prioritized numbers over all else in a group and it made for some real unneeded stress, so when some OOC rule mandates 20 max it's pretty unreasonable for the owner, plus it just sucks having staff up your ass constantly about activity already. Speaking as a former group leader.

Maybe have each level correspond with the amount in your group? Thus making the diameter of the area larger too, to avoid the broken voip making everyone talk over one another.

I couldn't agree more with this. We (Fifty Two) are currently at 10 members, all active, all get along great and all good RPers. Making bare minimum needed 20 players will force us into getting more people in and lower our standards we set ourselves resulting in god knows what.

I'd have to agree that maybe add level 1 as 10 members, 2-3 as 15 members and level 4 as 20 members. Alternatively (and even better), levels 1-2 10 members, levels 2-3 15 members. This allows groups to keep their strict recruitment as they want quality of quantity and have an opportunity to have these settlements built.

Once again, I have to say that level 1 needs to be able to have walls. Otherwise it just seems pointless. Also, maybe recruit 1-2 devs that primary jobs are to deal with such requests.

Apart from that I'm really excited for this. A bit of tweaking and this could be something great!

Posted (edited)

In regards to settlements containing areas that have regular civvie buildings, will this never be considered as a group occupying a small few houses for decent living conditions makes sense in an apocalypse, idk if I'm just overthinking though.

Edited by Luke

Posted (edited)

maybe we can have smaller groups have bases but they will have a smaller base depending on how many people there are like sell objects and stuff. so the smaller the group the fewer props there can be for different evolutions.

5 people a group

Level 1: 10 objects. No walls or housing. Decorations, wrecks and ambient objects are allowed

Level 2: 15 objects.

Level 3: 25 objects.

Level 4:  40 objects. walls allowed

10 people a group

Level 1: 15 objects. No walls or housing. Decorations, wrecks and ambient objects are allowed

Level 2: 25 objects.

Level 3: 50 objects. Walls allowed

Level 4: 60 objects. One house

10 people a group

Level 1: 15 objects. No walls or housing. Decorations, wrecks and ambient objects are allowed

Level 2: 25 objects. Walls allowed

Level 3: 50 objects. One house

Level 4: 100 objects.  Two houses

20 people a group

Level 1: 25 objects. No walls or housing. Decorations, wrecks and ambient objects are allowed

Level 2: 50 objects. Walls allowed

Level 3: 75 objects. 2 house

Level 4: 100 objects. 3 houses

PS. it doesn't have to be like this just an example

Edited by UFTaco

I think instead of having a member count requirement for your group instead make it how long the group has been standing (official group)so groups that have been longer-standing will have bigger settlement areas, That way group that have been standing for a month and just recruit for the settlement size won't become a problem also.  

I'm excited to see this.

Having DayZ assets being used to build bases can make some settlements or bases look actually natural instead of the wonky wooden structures.

I think the group should have been approved for at least x amount of time before they can set up a pre-fab though, otherwise settlements will be going up and down way too often and it'll be a waste of Roland and other Dev's time.

Posted (edited)

After being around settlements for a while this sounds nice in theory, but seems to me that every group that has a settlement in the server doesn't even let any outsiders in. No hate, but all the RP I ever get from group settlements is through a wall or down from a roof.

Dramatic re-enactment of a Roleplayer being denied entry to a compound, where in a group taunts the other players thinking their walls will save them from any raiders(Which usually doesn't save them):

Spoiler

The high member requirement for making settlements might help with this sort of behavior and might provide for more open settlements and eventually being recruited into settlements/groups. I think the requirement should stay high because I'm kind-of tired of "socialite settlements" at the moment.

Edited by Finn