Server time (UTC): 2019-07-22, 08:42
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Group settlements

Yes yes and yes.

i think this a fantastic idea that gives real in game incentive to behave and do stuff as a group. I think the evolution idea is fantastic to be quite honest and really adds a longevity to the settlement that things sorely lack today and even back in the mod days. 

Overall it looks good and think it’s fine to implement as is. The only think I would consider would be how to deal with CR rights if that is going to be added in as well. Groups that get higher level settlements should be given CR rights perhaps to further incentivize keeping in good behavior. 

Posted (edited)

I love the evolution but why no walls on level 1? surely that should be allowed 

Maybe we could tie the level of evolution to the amount of people in the settlement group? 

Edited by NozzyRP

I think this is a fantastic idea dude. Gives a lot of incentive to keep group members active!

Just now, NozzyRP said:

This is what I was thinking 

3 minutes ago, NozzyRP said:

Perhaps only wood walls at first? Hen at higher levels you can add concrete walls?

Can we still create settlements without the help/ approval of staff?

Why no walls on level 1? Kinda the point of a settlement..

Please keep it so that there are no settlement rules, but increase the destruction time of walls. Would give even more incentive for groups to be created as well as for people to spend the time building on their own.

Think of all the poor fruit trees unable to be built around 😭 but tbh this is much easier solution imo it also helps create some rp hubs for the bigger groups

I like this idea, I think that some things need to be altered. I think that 20 players required in a group might be a bit too much as well, 15 sounds like a good number to me.

I love this! I'd get a Dev who's job is to deal with this stuff.

I love the evolution thing. However, no walls at level 1 seems a bit stupid to me. Although our group has less than 20 members and our group lore is based around creating a village that reminisces what the world was like before the outbreak I still think that 20 is a bit too much and maybe 15 would be more fitting. This just gives us more incentive to go out there and get more members within the group and gives us goals to work towards having our own little settlement that's on offer here.

2 minutes ago, Mexi said:

-snip-

Yea no settlement rules the first time we had them was horrible i dont wish that trouble on any of the gms.

Posted (edited)

Looks good! Will make for more themed places to hang around.

Evolution is fairly fine, one week is reasonable enough for people to hang around but what happens if they dont fullfill the requirments? Will the base just disappear? Will it downgrade? Will they get a chance to change?

Edited by Charlie

Looks good too me. good work!

There are no words that can describe how I feel about this fantastic addition... luckily Parks and Rec have got me covered... 

Well done Roland! Well done!

Yeah this seems good to me. Only thing I can think of is what others here have said, making the walls available immediately.

So long as it doesn't conflict with building bases/settlements with the in-game builder mechanics, this is awesome!  Big ups from me on this one.

Holy arma 2 memories, God damn I love this. More goals for groups. Restrictions etc seem fair enough but not so harsh as to deter groups from requesting a base. 

+1000

I think there needs to be some clarification to the building code. Are these settlements going to be built from the ground up in a field somewhere or will we be allowed to, lets say, use the editor to develop an area of the map that already has some infrastructure, building around a castle / lighthouse so on and so forth. If we are to be allowed to build on top of whats in game will we be able to work around spawns in these areas perhaps disable them? What if these pre-existing areas come with walls that would conflict with the level idea? If we will be building from the ground up of course this is a none issue BUT i think we need confirmation on weather or not that's the case.

this is fucking great

Looks great to me!

So, I've done some mock building. I know there is currently a no walls rule (plz change) but this can be easily circumvented by just placing objects which act well enough as walls, for example, train carts. Please make walls available for the first level.

Also, @Roland What constitutes as a house? Is it specifically only houses, or does this include things like sheds, barns, shacks etc.?

Posted (edited)

- Moving/Relocating a Settlement (How often, where/when/what level can and cannot) 

- Group feedback being forced/pushed by biased friends or current group members. AKA Stocking the deck with people to inflate the feedback to have the requirement met by people who are known friends/people not that active or having recently been interacting with the group/people actively in the group atm.

- What are considered Incidents? Too many reports with verdicts of guilty? Too many complaints from members via DMs/PMs? Too much negative feedback? 

- You mean "Prohibit" and not "Provide" in line No structures that provide resources (water, food, planks, etc) I think? So settlements cannot PROHIBIT the access to resources such as planks/food/water?

- Also glitched/unrealistic bases should be reviewed as well. No stair stacking, floating floors, etc.

Edited by Brayces

Uhm @Roland so does this mean when my group of like 9 members makes a camp, walls it off and allows it for the public, has not been a group for a month and has not got 20 members on the roster and has put a shit ton of work and effort into the building of their settlement, it'll be deleted every Monday?

If that is the case. No. We're working hard on creating something for the server, but we can't rack up 20 members and we simply don't wanna. We're a family that want a home and a place to have people come together.

Just now, Phoenix said:

Uhm @Roland so does this mean when my group of like 9 members makes a camp, walls it off and allows it for the public, has not been a group for a month and has not got 20 members on the roster and has put a shit ton of work and effort into the building of their settlement, it'll be deleted every Monday?

If that is the case. No. We're working hard on creating something for the server, but we can't rack up 20 members and we simply don't wanna. We're a family that want a home and a place to have people come together.

This! ^^^ 20 active members is too high for a settlement. Unless it's a level 4.

IMO, make a Level 1 = 5 Active members, Level 2 = 10 or whatever the numbers are so smaller groups that are official can have a base as well and need to increase membership in order to have a higher Base Level.