Server time (UTC): 2019-10-18, 05:03
Sign in to follow this  
Tomu

New rules for base building.

What do you think?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

With the recent DayzRP mod patch there has been some changes, people have been unhappy about, although I feel the same this isn’t a rant thread, its a suggestion to solve a problem and not punish people who are playing correctly (if that’s such and thing)

What I believe to be the solution to the problem is to add rules for base building and such making it more realistic, enforceable and still allow anyone and everyone to build bases. These  rules are based around the idea of build anywhere being re introduced. Also some of these rules are similar or the same to what is already in place, but they have been modified in some way.

The rules I suggest to add are these

1. Bases builit in game have to be realistic and be feasible to build in real life. 

Meaning if a tower or wall as such is clipping through a prebuilt structure on a roof that isn’t flat, and if garden plots are not on grass themselves it would be a rule brake, as these thins can’t happen in real life. 

2. AOGM (abuse of game mechanics) is not allowed in any circumstances. This includes but is not limited too, removing wire from fence gates and digging floating gardening plots ect.

3. Bases should always have 1 entrance and exit at all times. Meaning no base is allowed not to have an entrance or exit, it’s pretty self explanatory.

4. Griefing in any form wether it be, destroying someone’s base completely, to blocking someone’s base in, despawning loot or deconstruction for materials on a base that isn’t yours or abandon isn’t allowed.

these along with the normal rules such as ghosting ect 

Now a little explanation on rule 2, just because code locks don’t work this shouldn’t mean that AOGM should be allowed, and my argument to this point it your base is going to get raided regardless, so keep in mind bases are really for RP, this isn’t a pvp/traider server

Although for these to work it would require players such as yourself to work together and report and problems to staff, through reports ect and punish people that brake them.

last edit: keeping map wipes every month for performance and stability is something that still needed to be kept, this alone adds more RP and constant fun for players and allows them to have another goal 

Please take these into consideration and add anything you think should be changed or added as I think this is something that needed to be suggested and discussed.

Edited by Tomu
I’m stupid and don’t proof read my stuff

I would suggest an edit to rule 1's explanation to something more like this.  " One structure, a tower, walls etc, cannot stand on a structure that cannot support that object, therefore you cannot put a wall on a shack that would fall over if it was built on. This also means that no objects can "float" in any way, they must be tied down to another object or the ground and provide reasonable transfer of the load of the first object onto the second. " I know its long but it allows for more freedom, as you can build things on the sloped roofs of houses, you need a way to support it not something flat, I could put a post at an angle to a rafter to make the post stand straight and just make supports, it happens in real life and can happen, its when the structural load of an object isn't transferred to the ground correctly that things break

Bold of you to think the community listens to builders anymore.

Listen man, I'd just give it up, that's what I've done and many others have. Building isn't viable and will continue to be.

Over two thirds of the community wants building back to the way it was, just with rule breaks for abusers. That seemed to be the consensus on the poll post asking about Build Anywhere. I agree with all of these for the most part.

Only said no to the first one because I'd like the ability to create gardens on roofs.

I agree with these rules

1, 2 and 3 I'd be fine with.

4 is already a rule.

Other than that I'm all for it.

We don't have the manpower nor proper tools to effectively enforce such base building rules. That's why we choose to do it through game mechanics. 

@Roland couldn’t we just have a report system for the types of bases like the floating spires and such?  No one except the few idiots that build them want the floating bases.