Server time (UTC): 2019-10-24, 00:29
Sign in to follow this  
Jpurts

Does the community want "Build anywhere."

Should Build Anywhere be a thing again?  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the title says, just curious to whether or not the community as a collective want the build anywhere mod, personally I believe it gives groups who don't enjoy pvp a place to seek sanctuary and as seen with Chip's little community in Cherno it creates a really interesting atmosphere.

The building restrictions from vanilla are fucking annoying. Couldn't care less about some dude making a fence inside a wall. Let me build properly.

Build anywhere can be good, but when you got people building this it gets ridiculous.

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_erikkain_files_2019_01_ranger-header.jpg.aec48deb5d1e98ac01ef9cf51f0d2994.jpg

3 minutes ago, IotaSilver said:

-snip-

Maybe I'm not looking in the right areas so forgive me if you can prove me wrong. The only "towers" I've actually seen before in the server are ones that are just high enough to peek over walls that have been built or ones built on top of in game structures such as the smaller apartment buildings or barns.

Yeah I do like it but some things need to be changed so nomore AOGM

I really like the build anywhere mod, and I do like that groups have been having fun with their base RP and building it and stuff, but if that's what was causing the server to take a poop, then I feel like it was necessary to remove it unfortunately 😕 

Just now, Dusty said:

I really like the build anywhere mod, and I do like that groups have been having fun with their base RP and building it and stuff, but if that's what was causing the server to take a poop, then I feel like it was necessary to remove it unfortunately 😕 

From what I understand it was the sheer number of player built structures within the server, not the ability to place them anywhere but maybe someone can tell me otherwise.

While i do want the build anywhere mod that was what was causing so much problem on the server with performance. Sadly we'll have to remove it for now with hope of adding it later i suppose? 

15 minutes ago, IotaSilver said:

Build anywhere can be good, but when you got people building this it gets ridiculous.

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_erikkain_files_2019_01_ranger-header.jpg.aec48deb5d1e98ac01ef9cf51f0d2994.jpg

did not know some forest was added around the stary supermarket

Yes, and if people have an issue with abuse or so, then aim for a policed / modified version.

If logging is in to determine when something was placed and by whom, then we can just report any issues, right?

16 minutes ago, Castiel said:

did not know some forest was added around the stary supermarket

We're good enviromentalists so we went around and replanted the forest, looks good right? 👌

Posted (edited)

if it’s possible to only have walls, crates, racks etc. then yeah as those are really the only things that need it.

then again that was the plan until Roland saw the Cherno base.

Dunno

Edited by tosstheball

4 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

This is pointless, Rolland does what he wants anyways.

Yes, Build anywhere should be added back but restricted to certain objects.

Agreed.    Put in place a new rule saying that bases need to be built in a realistic manner. And anything that violates that rule can be reported and removed.  It's that easy.  I've seen other servers do it so I know its possible without screwing over everyone who doesnt abuse the rules that prefer to not be wandering bandits 24 7 only seeking hostile RP

Maybe reintroduce it but with rules such as 

• Only build realistic structures (Watchtowers only 3 levels high etc)
  • Don't create doors that can only be opened from one side

and more but i can't think

It'd be epic to add something like this since people can build in locations that may attribute to their RP story/jobs.

Build anywhere should definitely be in the server. Some of the bases I have seem have been absolutely beautiful. It's amazing what some of these people are doing

And I get those towers may be annoying to see, but I see nothing wrong with them. As long as they look good, and don't look like a 2 year old built it. I think they should fly.

I’m all for enhancing roleplay, but when you can chuck a bunch of farm plots and make a bridge or block people into a room it gets to be pretty bullshit. Then again, DRP hasn’t really removed things because they’ve been abused, we’ve always just taken care of the abusers...

The mod let players build bases if its the abuse of it why not then police the mod as was said only certain things to be built and for any big bases they neeed either to be a certain group size or they need prior approval from the admins 

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Whitename said:

I’m all for enhancing roleplay, but when you can chuck a bunch of farm plots and make a bridge or block people into a room it gets to be pretty bullshit. Then again, DRP hasn’t really removed things because they’ve been abused, we’ve always just taken care of the abusers...

So your saying building 3 story watchtowers all the way around a compound with planks without supports, doors that close through the wall either side of an indoor entrance, doors that can only be opened on one side, magically turning gates into fences, and the list goes on. So thats all good and not abusing at all? Right.

Build anywhere needs to be realistic.

Rich to blatantly call people 'abusers' when the sword swings both ways.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd

3 minutes ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

So your saying building 3 story watchtowers all the way around a compound with planks without supports, doors that close through the wall either side of an indoor entrance, doors that can only be opened on one side, magically turning gates into fences, and the list goes on. So thats all good and not abusing at all? Right.

Build anywhere needs to be realistic.

Rich to blatantly call people 'abusers'.

Thats why there is moderators and admins in the community make it a rule remove any bases that  abuse of the mod 

1 hour ago, Whitename said:

User was warned for this post