Server time (UTC): 2019-07-23, 12:11
Sign in to follow this  
XDRP

S1 S2 Seperate Hives and S2 Lore Wipe.

Vote  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recently I have noticed that S1 and S2 are being filled up. The first issue that arises is that since S1 and S2 share the same timeline and lore many things are immersion breaking. For example on S1 a group has a base in a location and on S2 a different group has a base in that same area and they don't know the other exists. People have to say "In a different dimension" and things of that nature which just sounds dumb and off putting.

Secondly I have noticed over the past couple of months people were asking for lore wipes and some people just do not want to go back to square one because of many reasons and that's totally acceptable and understandable.  However many players have not experienced fresh lore wipe RP, with the UN the VDV the Chedaki remnants and all the other things that happend at the start of the lore. I believe if S2 were to be a separate server in which the lore is wiped and a separate hive people could play on S2 and S1 as different characters and it would allow players to have a change of pace if they wish.

Thirdly, I noticed S2 is pretty much the server where people go to get geared. If somebody dies on S1, they join S2 get geared and then join S1 again after getting kitted. Some players do play on S2 exclusively but I don't think anyone gets geared on S1 to RP on S2, If the hives were separate people would not use S2 as the "Get Gear Quick" server but as an alternative to S1.

Finally I would like to state that this is my opinion, I'm not here to force players that don't want to play on a lore wiped server to play on it. I'm just addressing issues and giving a solution that might make players experience something new.

Posted (edited)

Nooo ...

People already queue for S1 just to play with friends, I don't want to boot up a new lore and character just to get on to play.

Maybe make a S3 with all that nonsense on it.

But we NEED two servers for the population of the community to get a chance to play. At all. 

As for bases appearing on different servers *shrug* we'll have to deal with it or the group will need to make the same base on both servers or w/e. 

- We cannot increase the player limit on S1 to encompass more players
- We cannot copy bases over from S1 to S2 (well we CAN I believe but it's not feasible)
- It's not fair to force people who cannot queue because of the queue cap to play on a completely different lore AND Character just because one server is full

TLDR: Just make a S3 if you want a new Hive and Lore, tbh. We NEED two servers for the amount of players we have and they need to be on the same hive.

Edited by Brayces

I like the idea of seperate hives only because it will functionally remove the 'Ghosting' issue with people abusing that, and greatly reduce the number of erroneous reports.

I can see the convenience of having your character with the same gear on both servers, but its really not THAT hard to regear a character.

As for a lore wipe for one of the servers, hard no. Especially not with a 24 hour character change time, requiring you to pretty much be stuck on that server for the next day even if the queue on the other server drops enough for you to hop on.

So...

Yes to separate hives, I don't really see 'I want my same gear' as a valid reason. You could make the argument that having to run your character to the same place on the map when you switch servers is a nuisance, but so is drying and needing to respawn.

No to lore wipe on only one server. However, I would like a lore wipe across all servers. The longer you play into the apocalypse the harder it becomes for new characters (and especially new players) to 'fit in' to the Lore in a realistic way.

Oh boy, where to start?

1. Different servers with different lores and characters would be confusing as hell. I often just join the friends I want to play with via steam because I dont care what server they are on. Having different lores would mean I'm always up for a surprise what storyline I enter.

2. Fresh Lore RP? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the past has clearly shown that a lot of the RP returns rather quickly to what it was before the lore wipe with even same groups and characters making the appearance. The "Fresh RP" you are hoping for will not last long before both servers and lore are pretty similar again.

3. If a lore wipe in any kind or form happens soon (and I sincerely hope it doesnt!), why replay the past? UN, VDV, CDF was all great for but it was all already there. Go for a fresh setting if you want a fresh start and maybe, just maybe you get the "Fresh RP" you are looking for.

Long story short: Big No from my side.

-1 from me on these suggestions.

I don't think any of this is a good idea and would just make things more complicated than they really need to be on the server.

If we're going to do a lore wipe, then we might as well wipe the main lore too. Either way, both servers should be on the same hive and in the same lore.

Server two is definitely not a place to get gear especially in recent times. Plenty of groups roleplay there and it’s usually sitting at 70+ In peak hours.

lol no.

S2 is overflow. Yes people to use it to gear up, but when you have as many people trying to play as this community, you cannot just split them.

S1 and S2 should stay on the same hive with the same lore, as it's just a overflow server. There's no benefit to having it be different and I know for a fact that there's people/groups that settle on S2. 

If anything, the possibility of a third server with more PvP oriented rulesets should be entertained more than to separate S1 and S2.

Well this should not be a problem since nobody will build bases anymore, solved

No thanks.

I don't want to have to gear up two separate characters. Plus, I often just hotjoin off my friends, regardless of the server we're playing on for that night.

We don't need a lorewipe for S2 either, because then we'd have to change the whitelist to accommodate for that, which alone is enough reason to say no to your suggestion. 

No. No more lore wipes for a looong time for one. Also gets to confussing. My immersion is never broken, I just keep away from areas controlled by hostile people on both servers for rps sake. Its that simple. I understand the suggestion, though. But a phat no from me.