Server time (UTC): 2019-10-24, 05:45
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

DayZRP 19.6.4

DayZRP 19.6.4

Released 2019-06-19

Wipe

• Map wipe on both servers. This means your characters will stay as they are, but all bases, tents, vehicles and items on the ground will be removed.

General fixes

• Fixed spaghetti arms glitch (maybe this time?) @Misho
  • Fixed weapons still being able to be put inside barrels and dry bags @Kerkkoh
  • Optimization of internal RPC classes @Kerkkoh

Removed

• Removed civilian tents, sleeping bags, wooden cross, weapon racks and ladders until further notice. They will be re-added in future patch when/if we fully fix the existing issues with hitbox, player actions, inventory, deployment, collision, persistence and client errors. @Roland
  • Removed build anywhere mod. It was a nice experiment, but it shows that it is unsustainable long term on a RP server where people build A LOT of bases compared to public servers. @Roland

Balancing

To make base building sustainable long term without having to wipe the server due to performance issues every few weeks we have decided to make base building much more difficult and time consuming and thus more of a "end game" group activity rather than something any solo player can do. With this we hope that base clutter on the map will be reduced and server performance kept satisfactory for long period of time.

• All base construction will now require twice the amount of materials (planks, nails, etc). If you deconstruct something you will get the regular amount of resources back, so half of what you put in. @Roland
  • All construction and deconstruction will now take 2 minutes per action @Roland
  • Nail crafting from scrap removed @Roland
  • Increased medium and large tent spawns, due to removal of civilian tents @Roland
  • Decreased lifetime of ammo box and protector case to 3 days @Roland

Clothing

• New armband countries variants - Estonia @Watchman
  • New armband symbols variants - crest, islam, snake, tower, UN, wolf @Watchman
  • New variants for cargo pants - kamysh, TTsKO @Ducky
  • New variants for baseball cap - TTsKO, reverse TTsKO @Ducky
  • New variants for hoodie - flecktarn, pink @Ducky
  • New item - officer hat CDF @Ducky
  • New variants for tactical shirt - COBR black, COBR kamysh, TTsKO @Ducky
  • New variant for tracksuit jacket and pants - white @Ducky
  • New variant for police vest - stab vest @Kerkkoh
  • New event items - Secret 😉 
  • Fixes for 6B5 vest - @Misho @Ducky

I guess Base RP will be gone for good (feels like 70% of the Server).

Nooo mooree basseeesss. 

Not a fan of most of what I see. Build anywhere allowed a lot of places previously unbuildable, buildable. Server performance was fine, very rarely did my game fuck up on the server. 
I am happy new items are being added though. There won't even be a point in fucking building anymore. 15 minutes to destroy and raid a whole base. For the fuckign week it would take to build a 1x1 box. Dumb asf

Shame about the Build anywhere mod, actually made base building fun, guess its back to building square forts in the woods.

Posted (edited)

Glad I didn't choose to finish that school base, I'd be pissed to have it wiped without warning. 

Glad bases are harder to make tbh.

Only thing I don't like is the removal of build everywhere mod, since it allowed me to build walls without wasting my time. If one thing is in the way of your wall after you spent about 10 minutes building it, it won't even place a wall.

Edited by Finn

Posted (edited)

What about the menu/server hud glitches? @Roland

Edited by Roman

Love it, nice additions and base building is somewhat more realistic now.

Pretty much bases are worthless now and have no reason to be built unless you wanna waste your time and effort on a cardboard box.

A lot of this doesn't bother me, what does is that that amount of time it takes to build a base versus the amount it takes to break into it is kinda dumb.

With the snap of his hand, he cut the amount of objects in half. 

This looks good

Map wipe is a +1

Removing the build anywhere wont mean less bases, all it means is that those of us who had bases originally will now be forced to build in fucking fields...

Posted (edited)

Only bummer I can see is build anywhere being gone. A downgrade.

E: Also any other aspect that notably makes base building less feasible!

Edited by Combine

Hopefully lag is reduced

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Roland said:
  • All base construction will now require twice the amount of materials (planks, nails, etc). If you deconstruct something you will get the regular amount of resources back, so half of what you put in. @Roland
  • All construction and deconstruction will now take 2 minutes per action @Roland
  • Nail crafting from scrap removed @Roland
  • Increased medium and large tent spawns, due to removal of civilian tents @Roland
  • Decreased lifetime of ammo box and protector case to 3 days @Roland
1 hour ago, Roland said:
  • Removed civilian tents, sleeping bags, wooden cross, weapon racks and ladders until further notice. They will be re-added in future patch when/if we fully fix the existing issues with hitbox, player actions, inventory, deployment, collision, persistence and client errors. @Roland
  • Removed build anywhere mod. It was a nice experiment, but it shows that it is unsustainable long term on a RP server where people build A LOT of bases compared to public servers. @Roland

...Why?

This... Makes base-building nearly impossible and completely pointless. This is punishing players more than anything.

Edited by Jman14102

Maybe we'll see more RP outside of people sitting in their bases now. DOPE. I'm loving this patch. 

no point building a base

Glad to see Build Anywhere mod is gone.

Far too much abuse. This isn't Rust, bases should be about RP and not protecting a hoard of equipment.

Punishing people who build for the 2nd patch.

Well, I turn in my builders hat. I'm done.