Server time (UTC): 2019-07-21, 20:21
Sign in to follow this  
DrMax

Interview With A Community member: baskorthuis

add.png

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @baskorthuis!

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together. Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week! 

Thanks to @baskorthuis for participating!

Tell Us About Yourself?

Spoiler

First off thanks for having me! I'm Bas, a geography student, musician and photographer, living in the Netherlands. I have been playing survival style games for a long time, but really settled down on Dayz. Bought it back in 2015 and have been on DayzRP since September same year.

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Spoiler

Constant KoS and limited contact with other survivors really put me off from regular dayz servers. Ended up staying alone in the woods most of the time. I realy enjoyed the survivalist playstyle, but it became boring without any player interactions. I was talking about this with a friend of mine. He recommended me tying out DayzRP.

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Spoiler

Really need to thank @Knightblast for that. He recommended me DayzRP, learned me the basics of roleplay and showed me how much more Dayz has to offer. DayzRP really changed the way I look at Dayz. It became a game where I could meet all kinds of people instead of just getting shot on sight. Also the in-game world became alot bigger. I visited places on the map that I normally would just avoid or not dare to go to.

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place? 

Spoiler

I can't think of anything. Both Roland and the entire staff team have been doing great work for this community. Keep it up!

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here? 

Spoiler

My first encounter with The Wolves from the previous lore. I was still relatively new in the community at this point and was amazed by the quality of roleplay they were giving. It really opened my eyes to what is possible with roleplay and how groups can influence the community. 

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Spoiler

Not really. Of course I have made mistakes in the beginning, but you don't learn to roleplay in a couple of days. Having a lot of encounters and playing with different kind of people will really shape your roleplay style. Learn from mistakes whenever you make them would be my advise to new players.

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Spoiler

I would go with @Lemons, @Uhka, @Billy and @JobScholten. Lemons and Uhka will probably make it into a successful jailbreak. We'll leave BillyR as guard bait and JobScholten will make our espace route to space.

What's your current favourite song/artist?

Spoiler

At the moment "Conversations with Ghosts" from the band Bear's Den. It is a song from their latest album "So that you might hear me" which means a lot to me personally.

What has been your favourite character you have played on the server and why?

Spoiler

Probably my current character Jan de Vries aka Depressed cowboy. Have enjoyed playing this character, because I can really relate to him. Also the non-hostile campfire style RP is what I enjoy the most. Jan seems to attract RP like that everywhere he goes. Also being able to play music in game with this character makes me able to combine both my hobby and RP.

What do you feel is missing from the community?

Spoiler

I think the community is doing pretty well at the moment. The servers seem to have had a revival after the release of DayZ 1.0. New groups are popping up and a lot of new players have joined the community.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Spoiler

I already kind of revealed this one, but I think I can call myself a musician. I play guitar and sing aswell. Mostly play songs in a kind of "singersongwriter" style. I wouldn't say that I'm good at it, but I get payed to perform, so there might be some quality in there.

What was the origin of your username?  

Spoiler

My username is just my IRL name. I've never bothered to use anything else. Though everyone keeps saying Basko. Guess Dutch names are just a pain to pronounce!

Space space wanna go to space yes please space. Space space. Go to space.
Space, Orbit. Space orbit. Im my spacesuit. Oo. Oo. Let's go to space.

voyager 1 space GIF

by Core 1 - Portal 2

Just now, JobScholten said:

- snip -

See, I figuered you would have the best escape instructions

Great interview and great radio coverage's. Would like to see @Luke next.

Great interview! Personally would like to see @Peril be interviewed.

Sorry that I'm late to the party, but a great interview!