Server time (UTC): 2019-10-24, 00:27
Sign in to follow this  
Mexi

Return both servers to 80 pop.

Return server slots back to 80 to stabilise gameplay?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Servers over 80 are ridiculously unstable and every player model lags when doing near enough everything.

Switch both back to 80, as and when both are consistently hitting 80 possibly bring up a third?

Not much to really say for a suggestion such as this other than currently the server is rather unplayable when it reaches 90/90.

I hate the queue but I also hate teleporting people. When it was 80 slots it seemed a bit more stable.

Yes I agree with this.

Currently feel like I am playing MatrixRP not DayZRP.

Feels like I'm playing fucky fucky magic simulator, constantly just desyncing when its at top pop. 

Posted (edited)

It's heavily desyncing, especially in the evening/night time. It's actually terrible.

Zombies and People teleporting, you get hit out of nowhere, you don't hear the people around you sometimes, etc... 

Yes... please put it back. 

Edited by Lyca

Posted (edited)

I wonder if changing the hosting location of one of the servers to be in EU would have any sort of impact?

Currently (I assume) both are hosted in the land of the free, dividing players up into regions might see a improvement in latency for those in EU.

Otherwise I completely agree the servers definitely appear unstable to me.

Edited by abyss

desync is crazy

The Bohemia DayZ devs are supposedly working on optimizing the game for 150 players on servers, we might see some improvements with 1.04

I don't think its just server population that is leading to the unstable situation we are in. I think another major problem is simply the base building, the server is now rendering in a lot more objects than it did after the wipe with many bases that were built originally by a group being rebuilt somewhere else on the map.

Examples of this can be seen when a group builds a base up north then builds another down south then may even move again. Add all them walls and the object count is getting greater all the time. Players need to ask themselves 'do I really need a base or can I get away with simply putting a stash somewhere in a forest and then travelling about to find an RP settlement?' I mean were an RP server so really any basebuilding should make RP sense rather than just being a walled off building to keep stuff in and keep other players out.

Maybe a good option to try first would be for those that have built a base and no longer wish to use it contact the GM's/Admins and get them to start deleting the walls and other objects.

4 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I don't think its just server population that is leading to the unstable situation we are in. I think another major problem is simply the base building, the server is now rendering in a lot more objects than it did after the wipe with many bases that were built originally by a group being rebuilt somewhere else on the map.

Examples of this can be seen when a group builds a base up north then builds another down south then may even move again. Add all them walls and the object count is getting greater all the time. Players need to ask themselves 'do I really need a base or can I get away with simply putting a stash somewhere in a forest and then travelling about to find an RP settlement?' I mean were an RP server so really any basebuilding should make RP sense rather than just being a walled off building to keep stuff in and keep other players out.

Maybe a good option to try first would be for those that have built a base and no longer wish to use it contact the GM's/Admins and get them to start deleting the walls and other objects.

At the same time, we had just as many bases built before which were just as big and the 80 pop servers were MUCH more stable.

Have to agree the servers were way more stable at 80 pop. I drove a car for 2-3 weeks with 80 pop and didn't crash once. As soon as we were upped to 90 cap I got into a car, rolled forward at 2mph and flew to the moon to visit my other brothers who had recently joined the Chernarussian space program. In all seriousness, I'm all for changing the server population back down to 80 as this seems to be the best option we have tried so far.

13 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Have to agree the servers were way more stable at 80 pop. I drove a car for 2-3 weeks with 80 pop and didn't crash once. As soon as we were upped to 90 cap I got into a car, rolled forward at 2mph and flew to the moon to visit my other brothers who had recently joined the Chernarussian space program. In all seriousness, I'm all for changing the server population back down to 80 as this seems to be the best option we have tried so far.

I finally managed to get a car myself after dying in one punch for the second time. I drive it for 15 seconds first gear 18mph slid into a fence and died on impact. It’s definitely server pop. That and people look like there doing the Detroit shuffle all the time. 

You dying at that speed has nothing to do with server tbh. It's just DayZ cars doing whatever. I#ve gotten killed at even slower speeds on nearly empty server.

Posted (edited)

After the new 90 slot servers I've seen  people teleport and cars just vanish up into the air.

Edited by Eagle

there is a bit of teleporting going on at the moment indeed. that is due to optimization issues in the game itself. cars vanishing is dayz issue. .03 fucked the cars completely, meaning their persistence is like winning a lottery.

It is my understanding that the lag is caused by inflation of basebuilding structures, due to imbalance we created in last DayZRP patch with easily accessible nails that can be crafted, too common tent and sleeping bag spawns and most of all build anywhere mod, which caused people to build fences literally everywhere. Yesterdays count of all objects on S1 revealed impressive 3906 player objects on the map.

Today it is already 4026 and counting. This number is unsustainable and we will most likely have to wipe the map again.

Before we do though, we are working on a new balancing patch that will make base building more time consuming, difficult and require more materials to craft, so that bases spanning entire villages and lasting for months cannot be created within just a few hours. Hopefully this will allow persistence to work for us for longer than a month at a time.

Just now, Roland said:

It is my understanding that the lag is caused by inflation of basebuilding structures, due to imbalance we created in last DayZRP patch with easily accessible nails that can be crafted, too common tent and sleeping bag spawns and most of all build anywhere mod, which caused people to build fences literally everywhere. Yesterdays count of all objects on S1 revealed impressive 3906 player objects on the map.

Today it is already 4026 and counting. This number is unsustainable and we will most likely have to wipe the map again.

Before we do though, we are working on a new balancing patch that will make base building more time consuming, difficult and require more materials to craft, so that entire bases that last for months cannot be created within just a few hours. Hopefully this will allow persistence to work for us for longer than a month at a time.

That sounds good to me! Maybe have old bases wiped too if it's not touched for a few weeks, however like you said if you make bases a lot longer to build people won't want to keep building huge bases around the map every time they get into conflict. 

35 minutes ago, Roland said:

Before we do though, we are working on a new balancing patch that will make base building more time consuming, difficult and require more materials to craft, so that bases spanning entire villages and lasting for months cannot be created within just a few hours. Hopefully this will allow persistence to work for us for longer than a month at a time.

So longer to get up and 15 minutes to get inside of.. I see this becoming an issue for A LOT of people.

What about setting up some rules for base building ? 

Like, limit the amount of walls, tents and all that. Not only would you prevent people from hoarding all the good shit but you would also decrease the 4000 player objects.

I don't really see a reason for small groups to have 10+ tents filled with all the good stuff hiding somewhere at the edge of the map. 

I personally welcome the newly founded DayZRP space programme. Glitched out Ladas are the only practical way to mars and the US goverment knows it! 

IDK, cars bugged out just as much on 80 pop as they do on 90 pop, might as well have more people IMO.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Roland said:

What about the groups that make these bases make you aware those places are abandoned and you guys can go there and remove said structures?

Edited by Eagle

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Lots of objects is even more prevalent when there are even more players on the server... 

Have 2-3 60 man servers = those bases spaced out between the servers. 

Remember back in day when we had ravens nest on S2 and TP on S1? 

Same thing but with base building ^_^ 

9 minutes ago, G19RP said:

IDK, cars bugged out just as much on 80 pop as they do on 90 pop, might as well have more people IMO.

Was more aimed at the fact that player models are now lagging around, cars idc about. Over 60 they're pointless.

Just now, Mexi said:

Was more aimed at the fact that player models are now lagging around, cars idc about. Over 60 they're pointless.

Gotcha, I've only seen this around the beginning of one startup, but I'm not on EU ping.