Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 16:42
Sign in to follow this  
Robert Faltin

Constant base raiding when offLine. What can we do?

I play almost everyday and usually i can stop someone from breaking into my base. but i'm starting to get worn out. every single day i am raided when offline i can't say its the same person because i wouldn't know but man its such a bummer have to go and collect supplys again even basic stuff to keep building my base. I almost just want to quit playing i'm trying to get my fight club going but i can't keep vodka bottles food or anything people are basically cleaning me out now. Every day! i get a car each day its gone the next! why are people such thieves on this server! its a real bummer! What are some things i can do to extra fortify my base? is it possible to bring back traps? because i would love landmines and bear traps to teach a lesson to those constantly robbing my base if i could be on every moment i would be but i can't 😕

The only advice I can give is to not put all your supplies in the one place, especially in bases as bases are nothing but an indicator of free loot for the taking.

Create multiple stash points with all your valuables spread out across all of them so in case one stash gets found you won't lose all your valuables in one hit.

That's what happens when you build a base, people need supplies people take supplies even if its in someones base, also i dont think they are waiting for you specifically to go offline its just timing i guess 🤷‍♂️

Is your base out in the open, easily spotted from distance, in a highly trafficked area perhaps?

There's like 1000 people playing on our servers right now. It's a survival game, people need supplies to survive. Bases are not supposed to be perfect loot hoarding safe spaces, they are meant to be broken into by bad people. I don't think it's just "this server" as you seem to suggest. I mean, it's DayZ.

How about not make a base with wood walls and giant wood towers you could see for miles? That would be a start, I think. Personally, I'm the kind of guy who prefers to keep his stuff stashed in a barrel out in the middle of no where or something smaller than that, even.

Those big bases are huge targets for people. You'll be fighting over that, constantly, with no chance to roleplay outside of it because you'll be defending it the entire time. Just my 0.02.

Bases should primarily be for RP ,  not a fort knox for your gear. 

Back in my day (Old man mod player intensifies) we used to have stashes across the map with our gear in, and our group members would get the gear we need each day (Tents if we had a trading base, medical supplies when part of the free medics) etc etc 

Bases are for having a centralised point for roleplay. A place to call home:

-A garage to repair cars
-A bazaar for players to come and set up market stalls for a small entrance price to the bazaar owner 
-A pub for shady sorts and hostileRPers to go let their hair down / work out dodgey back alley deals over a beer
-Medical facilities to aid injured survivors that have been hurt far away from frequent medical spawns.
-A forward outpost that supplies food and water to looters and scavengers going into the dangerous northern areas. 

If these types of places, that don't have all their shiny loot inside the walls but instead spread over KM's around the area you work out of , you won't get raided as often, as your place stops being a challenge with loot as the reward, but rather an RP hub people can enjoy... 

But hey, folks could just keep asking for indestructible walls and underground stashes instead... seems to be the "in" thing nowadays

maybe try do some underground stashes within a short running distance of your base for your vodka bottles, for your food, just grow stuff and keep a shovel and some duct tape on you and grow it as needed but be sure to keep getting seeds so you have a decent supply.

The car is always going to get stolen as they are in limited supply and high demand so not much you can do other than stash it somewhere people usually wouldn't go, but this still isn't a guarantee.

Honestly there isn't much else you can do to stop people from going in your base and raiding it, and people have good IG reason to do so and people are usually curious to see what people have.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is more base raiding due to the excessive loot hoarding that seems to be going on at the moment, I saw this in the report section today and imo people/groups like these base owners deserve to be raided every 5 minutes:

I have heard that people have been running into much worse cases of gun hoarding. and as long as people continue to do shit like this at excessive levels, I think that there is going to be more and more raiding (and more robberies) and unfortunately people who just want to store food/drinks, clothes, RP items etc are going to suffer as well.

Posted (edited)

I know for us we get raided all the time as well. It's not a big deal, and in fact, as we see no real reason to lock the place up anymore my friends and I are looking into just leaving our gate a gate and unlocked. What we keep in our base we'd give away anyway, if we don't want to be rebuilding all the time they why should we lock the place? It's small, in an out of the way place, and has nothing of importance there such as a well, any kind of military loot or other loot that people may want to get their hands on. We keep anything of value on us that we want to keep and even those are basically RP items such as journals, a specific weapon that goes with our character, other items needed for RP like cigarettes or what not. It's not worth the time to have to be constantly rebuilding and never finding the time to go out and look for RP.

Also, cars are not as limited as some people think. I've found car after car (new ones not abandoned ones) in major cities. They're all over the place and very easy to find.

Edited by Chaostica

10 minutes ago, Dustup said:

I have heard that people have been running into much worse cases of gun hoarding. and as long as people continue to do shit like this at excessive levels, I think that there is going to be more and more raiding (and more robberies) and unfortunately people who just want to store food/drinks, clothes, RP items etc are going to suffer as well.

This 100%. 

Even me, someone who is not a fan of base raiding  (why waste time when I could be Rping?) would take an hour or 2 out of my day to raid that shit and hand the guns out to randos. 

In a loot economy that sucks through reducing spawns based on stored items, this is border line disgusting... 

Alot of people have summed it up well, if you dont wanna be raided then simply dont make a base.

We didnt have base building for 5 years why now is it an obsession to make a base by almost everyone on the server? I can understand making RP settlements as a group but the amount of random walls built to block off a house for single use or stacking tents into tiny rooms is getting ridiculous. Its probably the reason the server has started to lag so much recently

Posted (edited)

I agree with Voodoo, there is way to many people grabbing things and stashing them. We have tents in our base, for 'sleeping' quarters that people may store food or bandages or other personal items but not many, and basically only have a base to call home, grow food and RP while we're there to avoid being suddenly ambushed by either infected, wolves or hostile people. Lord knows we don't hide inside and go no where, we're out and about all the time as well. There are those times when you want to go someplace you can call your own, especially if your logging out for the evening and that's simply what we're doing, always found it kind of awkward to go find a tree and log out, but then again I'm a stickler and I like to do the whole 'set up camp after finding a good place to sleep but how can you really sleep in a tree or the middle of no where in safety. A place to relax and sit back and just RP. People have to stop treating their builds like fortresses and hide away items to simply keep others from having them or in case they 'may' have a need for them. However, as long as people hoard things away we'll always see people raiding to get the goods.

Edited by Chaostica

Hard agree.

This isn't Rust, jesus. Every single time someone gets a rifle taken they got 'griefed'. 

I can't count the number of small bases and stashes I come across just doing room-to-room searches in major cities. Not to mention the number of amazing walls installed inside of walls in buildings to AOGM people from entering. 

I came across a massive compound that had probably a dozen tents stuffed full of medical supplies, guns (NUMEROUS military grade ones), ammo, food, clothes. Not a soul in sight. I'm waiting for the 'griefing' claim to go up because I took some things.

Its not raiding. Its not griefing. You don't have bases. This isn't Rust. We should not try to make this Rust. 

Posted (edited)

Survival of the fittest - But if being honest people tend to build too big, making it almost like a landmark, if that wasn't enough they build on sites that are too "iconic", too populated etc.

If you keep a tent and some other storage in the woods somewhere, the chance of getting raided is bound to happened. Building these epic bases will need a lot of man power to build but to maintain as well. But still it sucks getting raided - part of the charm though. Hoarders will subjected to other hoarders. 

Edited by JippaSWE

4 hours ago, The Traveler said:

Bases should primarily be for RP ,  not a fort knox for your gear. 

This is key, what you've said here. Also, stuff is stuff, go out and get more.

The important stuff I need for my character, like the outfit (fashion is hella important for RP 😄) weapons etc, I log out with.  The fort we've built is meant to draw in RP, and when we get raided it's not fun, but it's expected. You can rest easy knowing that those same people that stole things will probably end up losing their shit too. That's the way it works.

Focus on the RP, and making your fort a hub for it. That's my advice.

Thank you everyone I definitely had a moment of frustration last night. I know my base is likely to be raided I just keep stuff for mostly rp in it. It's my fight club location. Im trying to build something up for people to rp around. I'll have to get more clever with hiding my loot. Most of the frustrations comes from people taking my barrels and tents haha. Like come on guys you take that you'll have nothing to loot next time you come back to raid my house basically lol

There should be some rules though If people were asleep in a base in the night and someone came to raid it someone would In RP wake up at the sound of noises. At least 1 person should be online inside the base to be able to raid it. It isn't as much the gear it's just annoying. Feels like a PVP server with offline raiding.