Server time (UTC): 2019-10-18, 00:04
Sign in to follow this  
Whitename

Remove CL timer for defenders

Posted (edited)

Even after getting clarification the Combat Log timer rule doesn't make sense to me currently. I don't see why I should be minding my own business and then be forced to wait a minimum of 30 minutes after I get released from a hostile action. 

This is evidenced by an event that happened earlier today; we got initiated on by some people and were let go about an hour or so later, and then while we were leaving they re-initiated because they suspected one of us was lying about something. The second interaction lasted about 30 seconds. There was only about 10 minutes in-between these two initiations, but that meant I had to reset the combat log timer. There are plenty of other situations where the defender combat log timer would have a more adverse affect, but my problem is that I need to wait out a 30-minute timer even though I've committed no hostilities. It had always been only the initiators who had the timer, why the change?

Current rule text:

Spoiler

Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

Proposed rule text:

Spoiler

Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved as an Attacker, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with the Defenders involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the Defenders give you OK to log out earlier.

tl;dr if I'm about to log out and I get robbed I shouldn't also be subjected to a 30 minute waiting period, IRL things get in the way, and sometimes the people who attacked you are unreachable or deny you being able to log out

Edited by Whitename

Posted (edited)

This thread has already been made before https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/96831-combat-logging/?tab=comments#comment-1778009

Nevertheless, as long as the hostage breaks line of site i have no issues with throwing away that rule. There's no reason for them to have to stay logged in since they're not the hostile ones. Having to wait for perms is annoying as sometimes you're waiting longer than the 30 min timer anyway. Even if we change it as a trial and if somehow things go wrong just revert back but i don't see how this wouldn't be beneficial and how something could even go wrong.

Also, you should add a poll 😄 

Edited by Saunders

6 minutes ago, Saunders said:

This thread has already been made before https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/96831-combat-logging/?tab=comments#comment-1778009

Nevertheless, as long as the hostage breaks line of site i have no issues with throwing away that rule. There's no reason for them to have to stay logged in since they're not the hostile ones. Having to wait for perms is annoying as sometimes you're waiting longer than the 30 min timer anyway. Even if we change it as a trial and if somehow things go wrong just revert back but i don't see how this wouldn't be beneficial and how something could even go wrong.

Swore I had a poll. Oops

7 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Swore I had a poll. Oops

Okay, that post has 100 yes’s to 11 no’s. @Rolandcmon papa, fix this