Server time (UTC): 2019-10-22, 12:39
Sign in to follow this  
Chernon

Remove Garden Plots from the Build Anywhere mod

As seen in this report and this gyazo people are digging garden plots anywhere and everywhere, where it doesn't make sense, such as floating in the air or spammed in buildings. The normal digging for garden plots was only for areas where there was dirt, and it was completely fine as it was, but now you're able to make garden plots anywhere, like inside buildings where there isn't dirt, and being used to AOGM over things.

Garden plots need to be removed from the build anywhere mod and go back to normal digging areas.

@Aeryes

Absolutely, this is becoming bad, Hostile RPer's are resulting in emotions and griefing, and builders are AOGM'ing plot platforms.

Bless you @Chernon

Posted (edited)

+1, if it's possible to remove just one prop from BuildAnywhere please do this, it just looks stupid

Edited by Whitename

23 minutes ago, Chernon said:

As seen in this report and this gyazo people are digging garden plots anywhere and everywhere, where it doesn't make sense, such as floating in the air or spammed in buildings. The normal digging for garden plots was only for areas where there was dirt, and it was completely fine as it was, but now you're able to make garden plots anywhere, like inside buildings where there isn't dirt, and being used to AOGM over things.

Garden plots need to be removed from the build anywhere mod and go back to normal digging areas.

@Aeryes

Make a poll, but yes, I will agree to this.
Some serious AOGM and general tom fuckery can be had with this, that shouldn't be.

Many people have been coming into help desk and talking about seeing these types of things cropping up in several locations. This 100% needs to be addressed so it's a massive +1 from me, good suggestion.

-USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS POST-

Posted (edited)

But.... then I can't make gardens on my roof 😞 

I say you just add logs from something like that.

Edited by Finn

2 minutes ago, Finn said:

But.... then I can't make gardens on my roof 😞 

I know green roofs are trendy but think of others.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mugin said:

I know green roofs are trendy but think of others.

Maybe a compromise? craft able roof plots?

4 planks and 10 nails = enclosed garden plot (Also persistent and doesn't despawn) 

Edited by Finn

Not sure if this is the correct course of action, People who actually use garden plots will now suffer but I do see the concern and something has to be done.

3 minutes ago, Realize said:

Not sure if this is the correct course of action, People who actually use garden plots will now suffer but I do see the concern and something has to be done.

Garden Plots can still be used with the default placement?

2 minutes ago, Chernon said:

Garden Plots can still be used with the default placement?

Hopefully, That can be changed the only problem I can imagine is the build anywhere mod is not made by dayzrp so I don't know if we can change certain things.
+1 if we can do this.

Posted (edited)

Just like Roland said "there will be bad ones that slip through the cracks". Too bad the cracks seem to be the size of the god damn hole akin to that of when the iceberg tore through the Titanic. LOL.

Edited by Zero

We are using our own build anywhere but I dont think its possible to block just one item.

32 minutes ago, Misho said:

We are using our own build anywhere but I dont think its possible to block just one item.

If we can't just block one item maybe people should just report these things for AOGM

We shall fix this

4 hours ago, Joah said:

Absolutely, this is becoming bad, Hostile RPer's are resulting in emotions and griefing, and builders are AOGM'ing plot platforms.

It is not just hostile RPers whom do this. A majority of people do it without any intentions what so ever on griefing.

Now onto the actual topic, if that person knows that it’s wrong and still continues to do it - it clearly shows they have no intention of making the game fair and cheating the system. Even though the mod allows it, nobody is stupid here. We know right from wrong. And doing this just shows they’re not willing to follow the rules. 

Whilst it is partially not their fault, again, they shouldn’t be doing it. I know not to, so should they. It’s an easy situation what you know what to do.

But as Roland said, it will be fixed.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Mademoiselle said:

It is not just hostile RPers whom do this. A majority of people do it without any intentions what so ever on griefing.

Now onto the actual topic, if that person knows that it’s wrong and still continues to do it - it clearly shows they have no intention of making the game fair and cheating the system. Even though the mod allows it, nobody is stupid here. We know right from wrong. And doing this just shows they’re not willing to follow the rules. 

Whilst it is partially not their fault, again, they shouldn’t be doing it. I know not to, so should they. It’s an easy situation what you know what to do.

But as Roland said, it will be fixed.

I think you misread my statement. It says "Builders" are also aogming plot platforms" so campfire roleplayers. not just hostile roleplayers. But it does need delt with.

Edited by Joah

44 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

I dont take suggestions directly anymore sorry.

That's alright Rolland did.

11 hours ago, Joah said:

I think you misread my statement. It says "Builders" are also aogming plot platforms" so roleplayers. not just hostile players. But it does need delt with.

Hostile players are roleplayers too 🙂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GMAK said:

Hostile players are roleplayers too 🙂

There is a pretty heavy difference between campfire roleplayers and HostileRPers today. It isn't very much the same.

Hostile RPers = The attacker

Campfire RPers = The Defenders

It's like Shirts vs Skins? LOL

I see the error in what I typed though, I meant "Campfire Roleplayers" my apologies.

Edited by Joah

10 minutes ago, Joah said:

There is a pretty heavy difference between campfire roleplayers and HostileRPers today. It isn't very much the same.

Hostile RPers = The attacker

Campfire RPers = The Defenders

It's like Shirts vs Skins? LOL

I see the error in what I typed though, I meant "Campfire Roleplayers" my apologies.

That's actually a pretty fucking offensive analogy when comparing the two.

It ain't that simple.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CamoRP said:

That's actually a pretty fucking offensive analogy when comparing the two.

It ain't that simple.

To each their own, there is a major difference between the two. It's not meant to be something that is to come off as offensive.

CampfireRPers in my eyes are people that do not enjoy combat. They prefer to be in their own world and roleplay 95% of the scenarios out. They prefer to have internal RP with their own groups and are very questionable of anyone outside of their world. I'm sure just about anyone can agree with that, I hang out with these groups every day as someone who defends some of these groups.

HostileRPers - 50% of them, are looking for an excuse to PvP, loot, play the game like it's rust or ARK. After initiating, there are only specific groups that have demonstrated extremely good roleplay in the past few months that are hostileRPers. The other 50% are good roleplayers. There's a reason you only see specific members of the hostile groups leading roleplay.

Examples: The Time - Muslims. (This is my personal opinion) are two hostile groups that have made an enjoyable RP experience, but they also have their boys there that at the end of the day are strictly there for the PvP experience when it arrises. 

Good RP Example of the Muslims: They do an excellent job of spreading their religion, and they are extremely good at what they do.(So far I've had no issue with their Islamic / Muslim lore)
Good RP Example of the Time: Slavery that actually has worked out, + a personal example ~ Someone tied truck batteries to one of my mafia guys with loose knots attached to them and gave him a "Mafia's Death". He ended up escaping because of the loose knots. But these are just key examples.

To "The District" take no offense as I haven't met you guys in the game yet. - No opinion on you guys yet. ❤️ 

From my point of view: The Campfire boys seem on edge lately and have been retreating to server 2 to get away from the hostilities of server 1, It's actually quite an interesting concept, @RavenousRP can actually vogue for this. I'm unsure if anyone else would be able to.

Sorry if you take offense to that. To each their own.

Edited by Joah