Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 6/16/2019 02:00

Your in game name: Keiko Higanbana

Names of allies involved: @SexyPutin

Name of suspect/s: ???

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

hCHaDlu.png

Detailed description of the events: 

Somebody stacked garden plots to make entering or exiting a building base impossible. Furthermore, I got stuck just hopping on one of the plots to check it out. I slid into it. Someone else got stuck inside the building. To get unstuck we both had to server hop. This is a clear and gross abuse of game mechanics. Sexyputin was tagged because he was the one that got stuck in the building as well.

Will post more information and pov of the situation when I wake up. Got server time, vods and screens of situation.

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1 - Wolf Pack Camp - Courtyard in building cluster in Chernogorsk 

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Between 22:00 and 23:00

Your in game name: Chris Jackson 

Names of allies involved: Wolf Pack

Name of suspect/s: Unknown - Check Logs

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

https://imgur.com/a/tXQlIvO

https://imgur.com/a/Vufh5Tg

Detailed description of the events: There was an attack on camps in Chernogorsk while members of our group were either offline or away from camp. They used ladders to scale our walls and get in the camp, which they proceeded to go through some things and take stuff. Our issue isn’t with that they raided the camp and took things. Our issue is with the grieving/abuse of game mechanics someone committed while going through the camp as you can see in the pictures. They put up multiple gardens to block people from getting into one of the buildings that has tents and storage boxes in it. @Ram witnessed someone hacking at the wall and was told to go away. He was alone, so he did not want to do anything. I assume it was to get someone out that was stuck in the building. Its clear abuse of game mechanics which prevents anyone from entering the building (because you can’t get in through the broken fence). So essentially as of right now, the only way to get in that building would to be ghost in because they are not disappearing. I don’t know which groups were affiliated with the attack, but we really are looking for the individuals involved with the grieving/abuse of game mechanics. 

Edited by cjackson821

When i got on i saw a bunch of red armbands in the wolf pack compound. i took off my key features and went to investigate. when i got there i walked into the compound with no resistance. i walked around and walked into the hallway where the picture shows all the farm plots. 3 guys one in a ghillie suit were cutting down one of our fences and told me they were remodeling and that the area was closed. so i walked away and talked to them for awhile. when i came back they were still cutting down fences and they told me i had to actually leave the compound this time so i left and came back when they were done to find all of our tools ruined and put into the tents.

Hello @Lori.

I am the accused here, allow me to explain. The intent was in no way to block you or anyone else from entering the base before I begin.

We breached the compound climbing the walls, once inside we checked around and found a building blocked off by a wall.

So I began to break down the lower surface plank. I then tried to crawl in to no avail, so I began to break down the lower frame structure of the gate, again no luck. I then decided the upper structure of the gate must be blocking me from crawling in, so I broke down the surface plank and lastly the upper frame structure and I still could not get through, it was like an invisible wall.

I then ran and found a shovel in hope of digging up the fence posts. I accidentally dug the first plot in the ground, I then had the idea to stack the plots in roleplay terms of building a mud platform stacking mud on top to climb over this invisible wall.

Indeed it worked and we climbed in and were able to jump over to exit, at the time I genuinely thought unusued plots would disappear on restart and I regret to hear it has not.

The intent was in no way to glitch or to disable you or your friends from gaining entry. I hope these sections can be removed via admin tools for your convenience.

For this I am sorry, I could speak with you in discord if you wish @Lori to clear this up further.

Server and location: S1, Chernogorsk, Wolf pack camp

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-06-16 22:00

Your in game name: Denis Sokolov

Names of allies involved: @Ram 

Name of suspect/s: @Ryan Shepherd

Timestamps:
00:01:05 getting into compound, confronted by @Ram (ally) and @Ryan Shepherd and rest of people raiding. 
00:38:34 returned to the compound, finding out the dug out portion, restricting any way of access into the building or out of it. 
00:46:53 getting stuck momentarily

Detailed description of the events: Had managed to yeet my ass from the rooftop, just before @Ryan Shepherd came knocking on the door. Within camp, we had been preparing for invasion by unknown faction for a while, but death of mine, made 3rd party allies and friends evacuate through back door. During this time I spent with NLR rule, the raiders had gone through the base. As Ryan states within his pow, he had tried digging out the posts and/or building a platform to get inside. Got stuck on the mud plats a couple of times, one time almost deciding to ask GM help to get out, before managed to crawl my way out. In role play sense it makes no sense, being able to dig indoors multiple garden plots to get inside.

end of pov

20190617032327_1.jpg

20190617034031_1.jpg

Posted (edited)

I guess @Lori has already made a report about this. If the admins would kindly merge the reports. 

Edited by cjackson821

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Isaiah CortezPVE said:

As Ryan states within his pow, he had tried digging out the posts and/or building a platform to get inside. Got stuck on the mud plats a couple of times, one time almost deciding to ask GM help to get out, before managed to crawl my way out. In role play sense it makes no sense, being able to dig indoors multiple garden plots to get inside.

end of pov

So in roleplay sense as you describe, is it physically possible to dig out tiles and then concrete and bury two stakes into a concrete floor in order to create a fence? I personally think creating a mud pile digging mud from outside and throwing it inside in order to create a platform to vault over a glitch INVISIBLE wall opposed to ghosting is rather more plausible if we are going to play the reality card.

I genuinely thought this would respawn after restart and no harm would be done, for that I do apologise for the inconvenience. 

However with the current 'build anywhere mod' people are permitted to abuse game mechanics in order to allow a base to be impenetrable, turning fenses into gates and vice versa as you have done by removing wire. Stacking mud from outside is no different. People are creating plots on roofs of buildings, is that AoGM too?

As you felt like creating a report within a report of the same report for some odd reason, I am free to speak with you @Isaiah CortezPVE later if you so wish, I have reached out to @Lori already.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd

4 minutes ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

There is a difference in poles being possibly secured with glue, wires, cinderblocks, ect inside of buildings to make fences and literal giant garden plots floating in the air. I'm sorry there was a glitch, but I dont think that excuses doing something that's blatantly abusing game mechanics with such a flimsy excuse as "ima pile so much mud that it would literally have taken a plow machine to dig up this much mud."

Posted (edited)

I am sorry to tell you, glue, wires or cinderblocks are not going to keep two stakes upright, certainly not, again if we are taking the realistic route. As you can see in the photo I tried to stack them on top of each other without gaps but the game mechanics would sadly not let me up to that point of two on top of eachother.

So building a fence in a matter of minutes would relate to the actual time it would take in real life to build a fence.

Again, realistically, spending roughly close to one hour removing 4 sections of a fence to gain entry to be stopped by an invisible wall, not very plausible either. 

So are you also saying that someone creating a garden plot of multiple plots in a matter of minutes to create crops is also unrealistic in game?

Also the fact that you and your group have placed a gate in a manner that it can only be opened from INSIDE is also AoGM.

You are twisting the views of AoGM to support your groups method and to claim mine to be AoGM.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd

Posted (edited)

There was a fence on the other side and the compound was already scaled with ladders. If the fence was glitched like you said where it was blocking you invisibly, why couldn’t you just have left it or gone in and out through the other fence? 

Edited by cjackson821

12 minutes ago, cjackson821 said:

There was a fence on the other side and the compound was already scaled with ladders. If the fence was glitched like you said where it was blocking you invisibly, why couldn’t you just have left it or gone in and out through the other fence? 

That was the only entry, unsure of the question to be honest.

Anyway, I understand why you all feel hard done by this, but I/we used a logical solution to get past an issue that was caused by yourself and your group. You are actively using the fence gates too your advantage and making it so you can only open them from the inside to avoid them being opened from the outside. I understand that the building style in DayZ doesn’t really fit into the building you’re building into. (This wouldn’t have had to be done, if you weren’t trying to abuse the fence gates inside your building and making only open-able on one side). I just want to clarify this again, you knew exactly what you were doing when you put those walls up, you abused the building mechanics (I know this isn’t your fault) to use it to your advantage, and make it 100X easier to defend. Leaving potential raiders having to do 100X more to get in. There was no ill-intent to grief, or AoGM.

With code locks broken at them moment the only option is to take wire off to lock gates. Otherwise you can just walk in and take everything whenever. In addition there was/is another way in because you/your friends were hacking at the wall on the other side as was reported from @Isaiah CortezPVE

1 minute ago, cjackson821 said:

With code locks broken at them moment the only option is to take wire off to lock gates. Otherwise you can just walk in and take everything whenever. In addition there was/is another way in because you/your friends were hacking at the wall on the other side as was reported from @Isaiah CortezPVE

Right, we are not inhabitants of your base, sorry for not knowing your secret tunnels.

Plan A: Break down fence, spending around an hour doing so, fuck didnt work.

Plan B: Build a mud platform.

The statement you have made is pretty irrelevant.

You mentioned the gate was only openable from one side... which isn’t true. The wire was taken off 

3 hours ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

You are actively using the fence gates too your advantage and making it so you can only open them from the inside to avoid them being opened from the outside. 

Just wanted to drop my two cents in here, I know for a fact that door can be opened from both sides - as I built it there. The reason it’s angled and positioned like that in the tiny house is so it can be accessed from both sides - however one of our members was asleep inside and took the wire off the gate as it’s his home. Like every other base on the server. Hence why you couldn’t just swing it open.

Then he woke up to a one way dirt ladder and being stuck in purgatory. 

Posted (edited)

2.2 Exploiting or abuse of game mechanics (AOGM) is gaining an unfair advantage by using game bugs or mechanics in a way that the developer did not intend them to work. Example of exploiting is loot cycling, placing objects inside walls or other places where the object would normally not fit in, driving vehicles underwater, creating impenetrable tent walls, or intentionally using indestructible objects as shields that effectively give you invulnerability.

Placing objects inside houses where they would not normally fit: AKA the gate and fence you had inside the building, as much as the plots were.

However, the build anywhere mod allows you to build.. well, anywhere.

I think the rules need to be adjusted to implement the changes brought by the build anywhere mod.

A lesson from this report oppose to who is right and wrong in this case.

What I did was not a glitch, it is permitted by the build anywhere mod, which clearly needs changes.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd

We didn’t intentionally place something with no way of getting through. The wall just happened to have glitched when you tried to get through. The mud piles are what prevented people from getting through with no chance of destroying them. 

2 hours ago, cjackson821 said:

The mud piles are what prevented people from getting through with no chance of destroying them. 

On 6/17/2019 at 6:26 PM, cjackson821 said:

In addition there was/is another way in 

On 6/17/2019 at 12:10 AM, cjackson821 said:

@Ram witnessed someone hacking at the wall and was told to go away. He was alone, so he did not want to do anything. I assume it was to get someone out that was stuck in the building. Its clear abuse of game mechanics which prevents anyone from entering the building (because you can’t get in through the broken fence). So essentially as of right now, the only way to get in that building would to be ghost in because they are not disappearing.

As stated before by me and was the same issue you experienced, breaking down the wall still would not allow you through. So obviously there is a glitched issue with the walls barrier not disappearing when its broken down. So how exactly did you get out? 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, cjackson821 said:

As stated before by me and was the same issue you experienced, breaking down the wall still would not allow you through. So obviously there is a glitched issue with the walls barrier not disappearing when its broken down. So how exactly did you get out? 

By a wonderful combination of crawling, running and jumping.

Lets call it a day here before we clutter this report further.

Also, Isaiah, I find you speaking a lot in your vod over comms without transmitting it in game.

Another point is the number of tents in that compound which are clipping over and through the bar counter and other areas, as stated in the rule, objects should not be placed where they would not normally fit.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd

Greetings, the staff have reviewed this report and come to a conclusion. @Ryan Shepherd, in this situation you became stuck due to a wall glitching, and attempted to dig the posts up, inadvertently creating a dirt plot. Upon seeing your ability to do so, you then began to create multiple garden plots in order to escape, creating an unrealistic wall of dirt. This has been deemed as an abuse of game mechanics, as it is not realistic for you, nor intended, to create a wall of soft packed soil. In the future you are recommended that, if you should become stuck, you reach out to the staff team so that they can either assist you in removing the glitched wall, or extricating you past it. As for the wall itself, the staff team has decided that it is not considered an abuse of game mechanics, but was rather an intended feature of the formerly installed build anywhere mod that, unfortunately, bugged out creating an impassible barrier. 

@Ryan Shepherd Abuse of Game Mechanics - Guilty | 3 days and 10 points.

Wolf Pack Abuse of Game Mechanics - Not Guilty.

Solved by @Zanaan with notes.