Server time (UTC): 2019-10-24, 05:47
Sign in to follow this  
Trooper

Yo.

Hey there. Been playing for a little bit now, so far it has been a lonely, isolated experience but that only makes me more stoked to meet you folks ingame, whether it be being robbed by bandits, chased by an axe wielding maniac, any press is good press in my opinion. I'm fairly new to DayZ, and this server has really given me the chance to figure out the game's quirks and mechanics because I haven't been killed on sight. It's nice to have a good head start. 

Just a question. I can't really use my mic that often because: 

I don't have a functioning mic (I have one, but it requires me to bluetooth through my phone as my laptop's output hardware isn't working for some reason. Hard to explain but I doubt I'm the only one.)

I live in a single bedroom apartment with a roommate. Needless to say, I don't want to be a bother talking all the time. You know how it is.

Is there any pet peeve against relatively quiet characters on this server? I understand it is harder to make intentions clear without full dialogue as having clear intentions is absolutely necessary to engage, but I could make it work.

Thanks, hope to catch you folks on the flip side.

Welcome to the community, Maybe give text RP a go when your not able to talk as much.

1 minute ago, Realize said:

Welcome to the community, Maybe give text RP a go when your not able to talk as much.

Appreciate it. Good to know text RP is an option, thanks!

you suld be good we have good amount of people the text RPs on the server so shouldn't be a problem and
welcome to the community if you ever have any problems dont hesitate to pester us in the staff team

Hello and welcome to the community. To answer your question you are infact allowed to Text RP meaning that you can text out what you wish to say IC. Voice RPing seems to be the preferred option for most players but we however have a few members of the community who Text RP instead. Just remember that when talking ooc you use //Example of ooc here and when typing what you wish to say in character you would type as normal without the "//" and then obviously emoting would be *Example of emoting here".

If you have any questions at all feel free to message myself or any other members of our support team here at DayzRP as that's exactly what were here for! Most importantly, have fun and stay safe out there survivor!

12 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Hello and welcome to the community. To answer your question you are infact allowed to Text RP meaning that you can text out what you wish to say IC. Voice RPing seems to be the preferred option for most players but we however have a few members of the community who Text RP instead. Just remember that when talking ooc you use //Example of ooc here and when typing what you wish to say in character you would type as normal without the "//" and then obviously emoting would be *Example of emoting here".

If you have any questions at all feel free to message myself or any other members of our support team here at DayzRP as that's exactly what were here for! Most importantly, have fun and stay safe out there survivor!

16 minutes ago, Derek Steel said:

you suld be good we have good amount of people the text RPs on the server so shouldn't be a problem and
welcome to the community if you ever have any problems dont hesitate to pester us in the staff team

Thanks! Hope to encounter you folks eventually.

Welcome To DayzRP  I hope you enjoy your time here! and I hope to see you in game soon

Welcome to the community!  Rest assured, there's a decent amount of TextRPers already in the community, so if you ever can't use a mic, that's the way to go.

One of the best RPers I know is a purely text rper, I think he has the same issue you do.
You'll be fine!

Welcome to the community! 😄

Welcome! Let staff know if there's anything we can do to help you!

Welcome! If you ever need help, drop into the "Waiting for Staff Help" on discord and we will see about getting things sorted for you!