Server time (UTC): 2019-07-22, 23:42
Sign in to follow this  
ShepBlue

Sickness

Hi,

I'm unsure about to cure my sickness. Whilst playing yesterday I drank from a water pump with blood on my hands. I contracted a sickness, which seems to not be going away. I have taken a lot of meds but nothing seems to be working, i keep throwing up every now and then. Also, the sickness icon is still visible which tells me it's not going away. Anyone have any ideas on how to cure this?

Thanks 

Just now, Aleksi-Baraszkov said:

How long ago? Meds take time to kick in these days

When I was last on the server, probably about 30 minutes before i logged off

Posted (edited)

You've probably contracted Cholera. You need "Tetracycline Pills" to cure it. One of my characters had this disease 3 days ago and I also had this issue.

Problem is... a lot of the pills lying around have the same model and no description. So try to find pills with the name "Tetracycline Pills". When they started working I got a small icon of a capsule next to the sickness icon.

I hope this helps.

Edited by barto300

1 minute ago, barto300 said:

You've probably contracted Cholera. You need "Tetracycline Pills" to cure it. One of my characters had this disease 3 days ago and I also had this issue.

Problem is... a lot of the pills lying around have the same model and no description. So try to find pills with the name "Chlorine Tablets". When they start working I got a small icon of a capsule next to the sickness icon.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the help, will defiantly try and find some of those pills

Just to let you know there's a bug with the sickness now and although Tetracycline Pills is what you use to get rid of it you may have it for over a week due to the bug. I suggest taking 1-2 pills a day over the course of a week and it will eventually go. You will not die from the disease so not to worry, I believe it makes you need to drink and eat more but that's about it and if you eat/drink too much you will throw up so be careful.

With sicknesses, you always need to maintain that you try and throw up first before having antibiotics and charcoal tablets. If the sickness persues - then lead to sitting by a fire by yourself with food and water for 30 mins to an hour.

22 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Just to let you know there's a bug with the sickness now and although Tetracycline Pills is what you use to get rid of it you may have it for over a week due to the bug. I suggest taking 1-2 pills a day over the course of a week and it will eventually go. You will not die from the disease so not to worry, I believe it makes you need to drink and eat more but that's about it and if you eat/drink too much you will throw up so be careful.

Ah okay, im going to the hospital to stack on some pills so that should do me for now lol. 

Thanks for the advice

14 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

With sicknesses, you always need to maintain that you try and throw up first before having antibiotics and charcoal tablets. If the sickness persues - then lead to sitting by a fire by yourself with food and water for 30 mins to an hour.

Thanks for the advice

Wash your hands and wear gloves. Even in the apocalypse hygiene is very important.

A prevented disease is a good disease. Use protection.