Sign in to follow this  
Dvlinhb

Points Removal Appeal

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):
image.png.262afbbc4ecdbead7837a0a8120a1f41.png

Why the verdict is not fair:
To put it in short, I believe this verdict to be unfair on the
basis because, in context, this post was a joke to point out that the OP ( @Realize ) made a spelling mistake in his post, as seen here:

image.png.d63358f0e72621e68d8a069723fb2b2e.png

Now of course he meant to use "steel" and not "steal" in this sentence of his. Now I, not being able to sleep in the wee hours of the morning (~2 AM PST) decided to browse the forums. I saw @Realize's post, and thought I'd make a bit of a joke to point out the humorous error. Then, I fall asleep (thank god), and wake up to see that not only have I been given points by @Kase, but @Realize didn't get the joke:

image.png.67e2504896e6781f981187be6658d3a1.png

Thus, I believe that these points are unfair as A) This post was an (apparently bad) attempt to help @Realize with a simple spelling error, and as such a useful/editorial contribution to the post, and B) Because it was just a simple bit of fun, not anything malicious in which POINTS should be handed out (since it seems just excessive to do so).

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I feel that there was no harm in my post or it's contents. If I ever tell a bad joke, I can accept such, explain it, and everyone can move on. But I think to give points out for something that could have been a quick PM and/or to ask me to explain the blatant joke (as the spelling mistake was in the quote I used in my post and was clear to see) is just a bit much.
Furthermore, this isn't a case of "well he's done it over and over so he deserves the points" kinda deal. The last time I got any kind of warning or like like was on June 8th, 2018:

image.png.41416a7331b94ad58f9ac41b012174c1.png

So, as a minor defense to this, I am a good noodle who adheres to the rules and has no mean-streak of points.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: A removal of the points given by @Kase.

What could you have done better?: In all honesty, make better jokes/just PM the OP about the spelling mistake (and some of his grammar now that I look at it) so he doesn't happen to look silly.

Edited by Dvlinhb
Ironically, my own grammar.

Greetings @Dvlinhb, a separate team of staff have reviewed your appeal and come to a conclusion. In this thread the OP was attempting to make a serious suggestion regarding the durability of walls and misspelled steel as steal. You then proceed to make a joke about the misspelling. This did not contribute to the conversation at hand in any way, and as such was deemed an unnecessary. After reviewing this the staff team agrees, and as such your appeal will be denied.

//appeal denied. Points remain