Server time (UTC): 2019-07-19, 07:17
DrMax

Building the ED [Open Frequency]

*Dr. River would grab his radio from his bag strap. He takes a look around the area to make sure no infected are near and then presses the PTT*

"Good morning, I am Doctor River, some of you may know me already from the camp in the North and the South a few months back. I am hoping to use this frequency to locate more doctors and medical staff. Myself and some other medical professionals are trying to create a sort of moving clinic and hospital. We need more doctors with different specialities. If you know of any, please contact them and tell them about this."

*He takes a minute before continuing* 

"At the moment, we offer treatment for patients with a wide range of injuries. We can also do surgery if needed. As well as that, we are starting to offer some first aid and advanced first aid training. This will help others out there who may need it. We do not have a camp as camps seem to not work anymore, but we do have a place where we can take critical patients to for quality care."

*He continues*

"So, if you are out there and need some help, whatever the injury and location, speak on this frequency and we will help you out. My team will be listening to offer assistance."

*He releases the PTT and places his radio back on his bag. He walks over to Susan to get ready to leave*

*Vadim glances at the radio in his hands. While he listens to the words of Doctor River, he drags on his cigarette. Before he pushes the PTT-button, he exhales some smoke and clears his throat*

*a low voice with a Slavic accent can be heard*

Hello? This is Alexej. Do you doctors hand out medication? You see, I have already been troubled before all this and my doctor always gave me pills with the name Xanax. I currently have some left but is there a chance I can get some support of you? 

*the transmission ends*

*While chilling at his camp rolling a cigarette, Seeker hears the transmission come through on some random frequency. Thinking that doctors always need supplies he picks up the radio and presses the button*

Zdrastuyte! Im no doctor but i think i can help out with some supplies what you may need for you delicate surgeries and shit. So if you are interested, gimme a call. I shall be listening to this frequency.

*He releases the button, takes a deep breath and keeps rolling cigarettes*

*While cleaning his guns he heard some chatter on the radio, listening what the good doctor had to say he thought he'll introduce himself as well and pressed the button*  

This is Jack. I'm a combat medic and I'm right now roaming on the coast line but soon I'll start moving up north. I'll stay on this channel for further information or if you need help, call me. Jack out.

*He let's the button go and continues cleaning his guns*

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ron said:

- Snip. -

*Your radio buzzes back to life, the young voice of a girl wavers through questioning the last transmission that came through.*

Drugs? Hmm ... That would be something that Dr. River needs to answer, I am not sure if we have any certain pills ... So I'll let him answer that ...

2 hours ago, Kuroi Kitsune said:

- Snip -

Ah! Uh, sir who was speaking earlier ... Perhaps you can like ... discuss meeting with Dr. River, he's the one who's gotta sorta all that out but I've let him know for ya ...

9 minutes ago, J. Estonia said:

- Snip -

And uh, other sir ... We can always use more medics, of course. We're not up North though ... And likely will not be going that way anytime soon ... But yeah, also if you need any help let us know on this frequency. We'll keep a ear out.

*The radio falls quiet once more, the static buzzes idly before the transmission dies completely.*

Edited by Brayces

Edgar finishes placing the last test tube on the shelf and then proceeds to go to the frequency about the doctors

"Hello, my name is Edgar Moore. I'm a researcher here currently studying the virus and implications of possible treatments and maybe one day a cure. I'm currently stationed in the outskirts of Cherno and working together could yield beneficial results. I've been looking for doctors and others in the field to assist. Keep in touch, Moore out.

Edgar releases the PTT and relaxes in his chair, humming a familiar melody

11 minutes ago, DeagleERP said:

-snip-

*Dr. River would grab his radio out from his bag after his long day in surgery. He brings it to his mouth and presses the PTT*

"Ah yes, to the man in Cherno. I am close by, I am a little busy currently but I can meet you over the coming days. To the scavenger, we are always in need for someone like you. We can contact you on a more secure frequency. Finally, to the man requesting drugs, maybe we could meet and discuss the reason you were prescribed that medicine."

*He releases the PTT*

*Luca presses down the PTT*
I'm a Trauma Doc with knowledge in Ortho, GI and training in Cardiothoracic currently. I can help out, although my people are settling in a different place with our own hospital. I run a frequency with many many people that has already helped a lot! I mainly do housecalls, so I can travel wherever if you need another hand.
My servives are free of charge.

*She releases the PTT*

Posted (edited)

*Dr. Flynn would spring to life once he heard the radio lighten up. Listening closely as the gentleman spoke, He paused for a moment. Reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small note book. He would start to flip through the pages, as he began to transmit.*

Uh.. Hello Dr. River, This is wonderful news.

*The sound of paper being turned would be heard, as Dr. Flynn searched through the book*

Now where do I know that name.. *Carrying on flipping through his book* AH HA I knew I remembered this name, I always forget names you see.

*He would tap on the page*

The Camp Tisy Is where I know this name... Now did we ever meet... No we didn't but I remember Noah and Dr. Hope telling me all about you along with  the rest of the staff I couldn't meet.

*He paused again*

Oh I haven't introduced myself, The names Dr. Flynn, I worked with them lot up at Camp Tisy, in fact in the last few days I ran the bloody thing. However, never mind all that. I would be happy to offer my services to an old companion, If you're in need of a Neurologist, Neurosurgeon or heck even just a general surgeon let me know.

*The sound to the book being closed sharply could be heard, just before the radio would fall silent.*

Edited by Tomu

*Anatoli would listen to the radio messages going back and forth, making up his mind if he should answer, Not after Dr. flynn's messages did he make up his mind*

*you would hear a russian accent with a friendly and nervous tone*

"Hello Doctor River, My name is Anatoli volkov. You probably dont know me, or have ever heard of me. I am an acquaintance of Dr. flynn"

"im no doctor, As in the papers. But i am a schooled medic and worked for the Russian army as a combat medic in the beggining of this"

*he would take deep breath before continuing*

"If needed, im good on the field. Helping those who cant make it to camps on their own. or just straight up need more urgent help. do svidaniya"

*Pressing down on the button on the side of his radio and speaking clearly into it, a young American teen's voice breaks through the static of the radio*

"Mmmm...I'm not a doctor but I've probably sutured more wounds than I care to admit. I don't have any formal training or titles or anything like that...but I've pulled out probably at least a hundred or more bullets, relocated shoulders and fingers, and cut open someone's lung to drain the fluid inside, and last night just treated someone stabbed multiple times. I'm pretty much a walking pharmacy at this point as well...so if you're interested in training someone that can handle most of the day to day things that happen, I might be interested..."

*Releasing the push button on the side of the radio and setting it down on the nightstand beside the bed, he waits patiently for a response*

*Dr. River presses the PTT* 

"Ah, Dr. Flynn. I would love to have a neurologist working at the hospital. Would help out a lot! If you're interested in join up, you know my frequency. And to your friend, Dr Flynn, I wouldn't mind a field medic on our team too. I'm sure Dr. Flynn will give you my frequency if you are with him."

*He releases the PTT as he heads back to his camp*

*Alen quickly grabs his radio, trying to find new batteries for it just in case it dies out as he calls out after waking up to hear this*

"I-I need help...My side hurts like a bitch...probably from this...wolf bite. I'm a doctor too and I...I can't seem to catch a break. I have no way of making it down the block anymore...Anytime I stand I fall. Please come help me..."

*He lets go of the PTT and lies against the wall of the apartment he's in. He painfully stands up long enough to see the medical spot just down the road, but with the amount of zombies growling around, and the howling in the distance...He just slumps back down, kissing his locket of a logo for a band on his neck, pressing down on the PTT once more*

"I'm gonna live for now...But I'm in no shape to get any supplies to help me and I'm all alone. And I'm not gonna last very long...Please help me."

*Releasing the PTT for the last time of the night, he crawls his way to the bed in front of him and climbs inside the covers, shaking from the cold air, and soon drifting off to sleep.*

*Your radio crackles to life, the sounds of fabric rustling against the device are heard before a clear and direct young voice speaks through,* 

We read you loud and clear, Mister.

Dr. River said he'll head your way immediately once he knows where you're at.

Where are you currently? If you don't know, can you list any landmarks you saw or can see? 

Also ...

*The sound of papers flipping rapidly can be heard for a moment, as the young voice mutters under her breath before speaking again,*

Make sure to apply pressure to the wound to stop the bleeding, if possible and if the wound is large enough try and stuff it with bandages to stop the flow of blood.

Though, hearing your a doc you probably already know all of this.

We're listening.

*Your radio falls silent, with a gentle pop as the transmission ends.*

*Alen, through the night, has barely slept, and looks worse for ware, and quickly grabs his radio to respond*

"I-I see a pier to my left...a big pier. And a Church. And Cliffs behind the city. There's...Umm...There's apple trees outside of the church. That's all I can see."

There's...blood covering the walls. Why is..the ceiling bleeding. And...The floor is flooding...OH GOD! WHAT'S HAPPENING! AHHHHH----

*The radio cuts out with him screaming, and an object sounding of hitting a wall or floor most likely*

Shakes presses the PTT

Huh. Uh. I think he needs some help.

On a lighter note, it's Shakes. I've dealt with Emily and she's okay - so I'm willing to venture out and roll again. Could do with some first aid training.

Hit me up when you can - Shakes out.

Shakes releases the PTT, caressing his necklace

1 hour ago, PurifiedNoobs12 said:

-snip-

*Dr. River grabs his radio while running to his first patients location. He sounds a little out of breath*

"H..hello. We need a bit more than that. Do you remember any signs? Any landmarks you went past?"

*Releases the PTT*

*Alen shakily picks up the radio again, having put a new battery in, and presses down on the PTT*

"I...I think the sign had a uhh...a C...B...E...T...A russian R I think...O...A backwards looking R...P...C...K...Can't remember the name. The...Mhffff fucking hell...The uhh...The pier was big enough for ships. Reminds me of the beached ship right near the town. The uhh..town's right next to a place called Olsha. Pier. Medical Clinic and Church...That's all I know now please...Hurry..."

*The radio sounds like it hits the floor as he releases the PTT*

*Presses the PTT*

"I think I know the place. I'll be as quick as I can"

*Releases the PTT*

*He presses the PTT as soon as the Doc finishes talking*

"G-Good...I'm near the Church. I had to run...they were breaking in and it started bleeding again. I got the bleeding to stop but...I can't stay like this for long..."

*Releasing the PTT, he sighs and looks down at his locket of the logo for the band once more, laying back to rest*

*Alex presses down on the PTT button after a bit of thinking. You'd hear a calm voice.*

"Hello. My name is Doctor Alexander Ellis and I'm a psychiatrist working with Doctor River."

"I've just recently arrived in the region, so I thought I should let you all know that if needed my services are available to you."

*Alex pauses for a moment and continues calmly*

"So if you or someone close to you is dealing with mental health problems, having trouble sleeping, having problems with addiction, or just need someone to talk to, I'm at your service."
"I can also obviously help you with other general medical problems not related to psychiatry if need be."

*Alex puts on his glasses and looks through his notebook while transmitting*

"For those dealing with acute thoughts about self-harm or suicide, I'm also here to help you."

*Alex lets go of the PTT button and sighs while going through his notebook*

Leaning against the headboard, Fae glances to the sleeping form beside her, adjusting her radio volume to not wake him. She leans in close to the device, frowning in concentration. Suddenly pulling back, she slipped off the bed, padding barefoot into the kitchen to reply in a hushed voice.

"
I need to speak with your psychiatrist. Is there somewhere I can meet you all? I guess you said you move around a lot? Any where you all particularly hang out? It's kinda an emergency."

*Your radio buzzes to life, the sound of a young American girl can be heard though her voice wavers slightly as if unsure even if her words ring solid.*

"Yeah, we can arrange a meeting. Can you contact us on our Public Frequency with a location and best time to meet you...? We can see if we can't head that way and help out. We do tend to wander around, sorry about that .. Uh, we don't have any specific place we go though. Knowing it's a emergency just let us know a location and we'll try and make a trip there."

*The voice fades out once again, your radio's static the only remainder.*

Posted (edited)

*Dr. Dimitri looks through his backpack before realising that his radio is now strapped on the outside of his backpack*

"You're fucking stupid Dimitri..."

He takes out his notebook full of notes from a hectic day, and manages to find the frequency of Dr. River, which he was given earlier in the evening.

"Dr. River, this is Dr. Stepanov calling. I have run into some temporary problems, but I would very much like to rejoin you and your band of... how you say... medically interested people. Where can I find you a bit later?"

Dr. Dimitri puts his radio back on his backpack while smirking a bit. He seems to finally have found someone he can share his interest and profession with. 

"I will be in touch later Dr. River...*static noise*"

A noise can be heard from the bushes behind Dimitri. He starts running, scared that it could be someone from the Prison Island he heard about...

Edited by Hofer

"This is Doctor Drew Williams. I was...assisted by one of your doctors, Doctor Marie, yesterday. I'm looking for a prosthetic, either professional or makeshift, for my right leg. If you happen to have one in your camp, it would be greatly appreciated if it could be delivered to me. As you can guess, I can't exactly travel far."