Server time (UTC): 2019-07-18, 18:15
Sign in to follow this  
Realize

Steel Vs Wood Walls

I don't raid bases so i wouldn't know the answer to this but am i'm wrong in thinking its the same amount of time to take down a wooden wall compared to a steal wall ?

could there be adjustments made so it would take longer to take down a steel wall rather than it being the same time as taking down a wooden wall seeing as its harder to get enough steel to make a wall.

Please share your thoughts because in my mind this makes sense to me.

It does not take extra time, I believe it adds additional ballistic protection and looks nicer.

But I do think it should add breaking time if that is possible

Posted (edited)

+1 I think this is something that need to be addressed as the new time is now 15 minutes. Although if there is a buff to this making its 1 hour or 45 mins ect I think now making the spawning of sheet metal in the loot table should be reduced making it rare. Or changing it so collecting a certain amount of scrap metal would make the ability to craft a improvised metal sheet that has maybe a 30 min timer or so on. Still with an actual metal sheet having a longer timer giving people options ect 

Edited by Tomu

33 minutes ago, Dvlinhb said:

Well if someone fucking steals the wall it won't be there to have to break down now will it?

I dont really know what your getting at with this comment ?

Arent the "steel walls" in the game just strips of thin sheet metal? That stuff is so flimsy that I think even a wooden fence would be stronger.

34 minutes ago, Tomu said:

+1 I think this is something that need to be addressed as the new time is now 15 minutes. Although if there is a buff to this making its 1 hour or 45 mins ect I think now making the spawning of sheet metal in the loot table should be reduced making it rare. Or changing it so collecting a certain amount of scrap metal would make the ability to craft a improvised metal sheet that has maybe a 30 min timer or so on. Still with an actual metal sheet having a longer timer giving people options ect 

In reallity, it wouldn't take that long to take down a wooden wall, But a metal wall should really take longer and maybe even require special tools like a blow torch which requires a gas canister making using it limited.

Yes, I don't think we can affect that on the metal sheet walls but once more basebuilding items come available trough mod there will for sure be more ways to reinforce your base. People just need to chill a bit. A few weeks ago we didn't even have base options.

6 minutes ago, Osku said:

Arent the "steel walls" in the game just strips of thin sheet metal? That stuff is so flimsy that I think even a wooden fence would be stronger.

Maybe your correct but rewarding people for people putting more time into searching for the sheet metal with added anti raid options would be nice.

2 minutes ago, Misho said:

Yes, I don't think we can affect that on the metal sheet walls but once more basebuilding items come available trough mod there will for sure be more ways to reinforce your base. People just need to chill a bit. A few weeks ago we didn't even have base options.

As you said it can't be altered but I thought it was a good idea.

3 minutes ago, Realize said:

-snip-

I get where youre coming from but is it really that rare? I have never built a base myself but most I have seen have plenty of metal parts.

You can craft metal sheets easily as well so it wouldn't be much of a problem.

1 minute ago, Misho said:

You can craft metal sheets easily as well so it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Its much more time consuming than just chopping a tree down, Don't you think?

5 minutes ago, Osku said:

I get where youre coming from but is it really that rare? I have never built a base myself but most I have seen have plenty of metal parts.

I think its a lot rarer than tress normally when I'm in search of sheet metal I have to go through 2-3 towns if I want planks I just walk up to the tree.

The answer to this is yes, we can affect each type if they inherit from different classes we can add checks to see which item is what and then apply building times using beautiful simple "if" statements. However, I'm almost sure that the metal sheet fence is not a new fence type, it's just a proxy attached to the wood fence.

9 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

The answer to this is yes, we can affect each type if they inherit from different classes we can add checks to see which item is what and then apply building times using beautiful simple "if" statements. However, I'm almost sure that the metal sheet fence is not a new fence type, it's just a proxy attached to the wood fence.

If you could do that, and I’m sure this has been mentioned before. The simple awnser for the problems of time ect would be to make different tools take different times. And make tools that take a small amount of time such as a sledge hammer rarer and brake after use. Isn’t that a simple solution to to problem of time scale ect or am i being silly. (If it’s already implemented I’m just dumb) and if it is possible for metal sheets to take longer to brake with a simple if statement I think that would be another way to please the community so +1 to hopefully seeing this in game sometime soon if not the nvm