Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 06:30
Sign in to follow this  
flipf17

Random Death Match in Starry

Posted (edited)

Server and location: Server 1 - Starry Sober

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 
Approximately between 5:50 and 6:00 (UTC)

Your in game name: 
Liam Ward

Names of allies involved: 
None

Name of suspect/s: 
I don't know. He never mentioned it. (That I know of)

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): 
None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 
Sadly, none. My shadowplay seemed to have been turned off.

Detailed description of the events: 
I came down from the Alter Radio station down to Starry. I started looting around searching for items. Nothing too specific, but maybe pants that matched my jacket better. That's aside the point. I made my way to the west side of Starry, crossed the road (heading north) and entered a building. I went upstairs, and then heard a guy say "Are you going to kill me?". I had no idea there was a guy next to me. He scared me, so I told him exactly that. I said "Oh, no. I had no idea you were here. You scared the crap outta me!". He then asked what I was doing in Starry, and I said I was looking for pants to better fit my hunting outfit. He then asked if I had any food, and I said "Yeah, I got some food if you need some" and half way through that sentence, he handcuffs me. I told him I was just going to give him the food and that he didn't have to handcuff me. He noticed that I had handcuffs in my inventory and said I was probably gonna handcuff him if he didn't do it to me first. (Honestly, I'm new to DayZRP, and not sure if I can straight up handcuff someone just like that) Anyways, he said if I let you go, you'll probably just handcuff me back. I told him I wasn't the one to hold grudges and I understand his point of view. That wasn't something I would do. He then asked me to state my story, and I asked, "How extensive?", and he said, "Start from the beginning". So I started talking about my life in the United States, and started talking about how I got to Chernarus, and then he just kills me (I think with an MP7 or closely related gun). That's it. I never went against anything he said. Never threatened him. Tried being as friendly as possible. Had only my fists out. Never showed a weapon in my hands.

Anyways, sorry that I don't have a video of some kind. Normally my shadowplay is ready to record, but I guess it wasn't. Hope this gets resolved and that he doesn't lie about any of this.

EDIT: I guess I was killed with a Tundra, not an SMG. (Probably my Tundra he took off me while I was handcuffed)

Edited by flipf17

05:56:26 | Player "Liam Ward" (DEAD))[HP: 0] hit by Player "Ben Shiverson" into Head(0) for 110 damage (Bullet_308Win) with M70 Tundra from 4.98136 meters 

Connection Logs

05:57:46 | Player "Ben Shiverson"has been disconnected

Calling In

@Ben crain - Ben Shiverson

For his full and detailed PoV and any evidence he might have. Please also explain why you logged out immediately after killing the OP.

@Ben crain will be banned from our servers until he responds to this report with his full POV and any video evidence he may have, due to both playing and being on the forums since being called into this report.

Posted (edited)

I handcuffed him and robbed him and then after sentenced him to death and shot him in the head. i am not sure if that is allowed. I am pretty new but i have just met a group that explained the initiation and how it is handled. i logged out after because i checked stary and no one was there so i just logged off.

Edited by Ben crain

@Ben crain your temp ban has been removed. Please keep an eye on the forums.

Verdict

Invalid kill (role-played) - GUILTY
Combat logging (CL) - GUILTY
Bad RP - GUILTY

Explanation

To explain the situation shortly, @flipf17 is handcuffed by @Ben crain, robbed and sentenced to death as he states in his POV.

We do not have solid proof whether or not he handcuffed randomly or if it was valid. From reading the accused's POV he admits to just shooting @flipf17 for the sake of 'sentencing him to death'. Making it an invalid kill (roleplay) and BadRP. 

@Ben crain, whether you are new or not to our server - you need to read out rules. Not only did you break BadRP and invalid kill but then combat logged because 'no one was in Stary'. 

Our rules state:

Spoiler

4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

4.6 If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released. A character that is taken hostage may be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the hostage was personally responsible for, or participated in a death of your ally. In any other circumstances, hostages may only be executed in the following scenarios:

• Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.
  • Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, for example by picking up a weapon when not allowed to.
  • Hostages do not value their life, for example they repeatedly talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.
  • Approved group of the hostage or their allies refuse to negotiate or open fire on hostage takers.
  • Demands from negotiations with approved group of the hostage have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed.

We suggest you read our rules again. This is not a public server, do not treat it like one.

Outcome

@Ben crain - Invalid kill (role-played), Combat logging (CL) and Bad RP - GUILTY - 7 day ban, 10 warning points and WHITELIST REVOKED

Signed by @Mademoiselle and @Onyx