Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 11:41 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
RootOfTheTree

Server 2 on a different map? Thoughts?

I understand there are a lot of difficult logistics that go into a change of map, especially lore-wise.

But what are the chances of a new map other than Chernaurus? Has that idea ever been considered? 

An idea I've been thinking of that I reckon would be neat for the DayZRP community is to switch server 2 to a map other than Chernaurus. It would stop server 2 being used a "loot-hub" or being used to just travel and instead be a different world with new characters? (It could also introduce the niche type of RP where if a character switches server they could say "Hey, I just traveled here from Chernaurus etc etc" and also possibly cause conflict between Chernarussians and those from wherever the new map would be.)

Again -  I understand this is not as easy to execute as it is for me to suggest it and there are probably a lot of factors I am overlooking, but I think it leads to an interesting discussion and encourages the growth of the second server.

There are currently no usable maps with a quality that is appropriate for DayZRP to use. The one map that will come out sometimes in the near future is Namalsk and I'm sure it will be hosted in some form.

3 minutes ago, Misho said:

There are currently no usable maps with a quality that is appropriate for DayZRP to use. The one map that will come out sometimes in the near future is Namalsk and I'm sure it will be hosted in some form.

Exciting stuff, always loved Namalsk. Hope you guys host it, from my little experience so far the DayZRP servers are the only servers that know how to handle RP correctly.

On top of what Misho said, what about the people who want to play on Chernarus but can't get into S1 but are then forced to play on a complete different "world". As of right now I'd have to say no but if we continue to grow at this pace and have to open a 3rd server and had an appropriate map to use maybe S1 and S2 could be Chernarus and the 3rd server be a completely different world.

1 minute ago, Saunders said:

On top of what Misho said, what about the people who want to play on Chernarus but can't get into S1 but are then forced to play on a complete different "world". As of right now I'd have to say no but if we continue to grow at this pace and have to open a 3rd server and had an appropriate map to use maybe S1 and S2 could be Chernarus and the 3rd server be a completely different world.

I agree to an extent, but with the release of a new map on server 2, I'd expect the community to balance out, with half of it on one server and the other half on the other, making it very rare both servers are completely full. On the other hand, you could be completely right, server 2 could remain low on population and there would just be a longer queue for server 1. (and I'm new here so my assumptions are probably inaccurate.)

28 minutes ago, RootOfTheTree said:

I agree to an extent, but with the release of a new map on server 2, I'd expect the community to balance out, with half of it on one server and the other half on the other, making it very rare both servers are completely full. On the other hand, you could be completely right, server 2 could remain low on population and there would just be a longer queue for server 1. (and I'm new here so my assumptions are probably inaccurate.)

People never like change and would most likely want to stick with server 1. If not, everyone would want to be on S2. Eitherway it would end up with one outweighing the other because people will just play the one with more RP as they always do

I am a huge fan of the idea. It could add some new aspects to rp if a character could travel from one map to another. Hell, you could even banish people from South Zagoria if there was another place for them to go. I hope one day this will be a thing.

12 hours ago, Saunders said:

On top of what Misho said, what about the people who want to play on Chernarus but can't get into S1 but are then forced to play on a complete different "world". 

Already feels like a different world tbh, with all the settlements from S1 just gone. I see your point though, the main purpose of S2, hosting the overflow of S1, would be nullified.

I'd like to play a new map. I think I have seen everything in South Zagoria. I'd like to have that feeling that I don't know where I am at and that I can explore. Maybe a third server will be needed by the time other maps come out. Who knows? Just as long as it's not ready, stick to Chernarus. I don't want a map full of glitches and bugs.

Would be a very nice change, Chernarus gets tiring at times. As much as it has a special place in my heart.

S3 Namalsk lets go boys i'll start writing up the lore now x

4 minutes ago, Castiel said:

S3 Namalsk lets go boys i'll start writing up the lore now x

YES PLEASE

First I will say it has been discussed internally. Won't go into any details. Super top secret stuff you know?

That being said, my hopes used to be for a smaller map due to the fade in player base, however now I worry about how people will handle being 80-100 players on a map like Namalsk given how many bases there are on Chernarus currently. Don't get me wrong, Namalsk is still pretty big, but I don't think it will be able to support base building for the entire community very well. And as with everything new, it will be most likely be the more popular of the servers.

19 minutes ago, Zanaan said:

Don't get me wrong, Namalsk is still pretty big, but I don't think it will be able to support base building for the entire community very well. And as with everything new, it will be most likely be the more popular of the servers.

Given that it would be a separate timeline (I'd imagine?) Namalsk server could be set at the beginning where nobody should be building settlements anyway!

S3 on a another map would be dope 

Deer Isle is a really cool map, it is really stable too with some unique additions.

New lore,  Namalsk, shenanigans, profit =  +1

Thinking on it, I don't see a reason for a new map to suddenly appear for a 2nd or 3rd server.
I feel like it would be the best to have it as a fresh start, so it doesn't lose it's shine when/if it actually became a thing on it's own.

It's a "no" from me.

No theres not really a good map out there atm

Lets just wait for a good map

20 hours ago, Misho said:

Bro when Namalsk comes fuckachernarus tbh. CRBN submariner group coming soontm 

Now we just wait 3 months(4 and a half years dayz time) for the nap to come out!