Server time (UTC): 2019-10-24, 05:42
Sign in to follow this  
Mak

Character reset for those guilty of ghosting.

Character reset for those guilty of ghosting.  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Some time ago I remember staff taking into consideration wiping the characters of those guilty of a rule-break (not sure whatever happened to that idea). I think it should be implemented for those guilty of ghosting into a base: it clearly is a gear-based action, and those doing it might be okay with not playing for a few days but keeping the dank gear. Wiping those found guilty of said rule break would be fair, aswell as serving as a deterrent.

Edited by Mak

I voted yes.

Using different servers to ghost into a base is super unfair and if people will be found guilty for it, they should get taken of their gear. They most likely wont risk it again.

+1 it would make rulebreakers lose something 

Its unfair that people ghost so its just right that they get a wipe

The origin of punishment matches the one of the rulebreak (gear gain/loss) I vote yes

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure every ban in the past came with a character reset, might have been before standalone tho. However if a report is created nothing really stops them from stashing the gear somewhere and pick it up after the ban is over ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ unless you temp ban people  reported for ghosting. I suppose is comes down to how much effort you want to put into it.

Edited by Taurz

The way things are I can ghost in a base steal all the weapons, get a 3-day ban and then go back to my precious gear. Plus uno.

I mean if its available we could go back to the old ways that any rule break = character reset?

@Roland

7 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I mean if its available we could go back to the old ways that any rule break = character reset?

@Roland

We are already doing that. Unfortunately the system isn't working right now, because the DayZ devs decided to use an obscure database system. But it's a temporary technical difficulty. Once fixed, all rule breaks that result in a game ban will also include a character reset.

12 minutes ago, Roland said:

We are already doing that. Unfortunately the system isn't working right now, because the DayZ devs decided to use an obscure database system. But it's a temporary technical difficulty. Once fixed, all rule breaks that result in a game ban will also include a character reset.

What if the rule break gets appealed successfully?

3 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

What if the rule break gets appealed successfully?

A character can be restored as well, although that requires a manual action by me. So ideally, the character reset part of the punishment would be done when the game ban expires, to be delayed for as long as possible in case of a successful appeal.

ghosting needs an instant permban

I forgot to make this thread Ty for doing it @Mak

Anyways +1 hopefully Rolle can get it working soon, or BI devs to do their one of the two lol

31 minutes ago, Q-ChilliDivision said:

ghosting needs an instant permban

^^

If you're ghosting to get in bases you deserve a big ol' clap.

1+ from me the punishment seems fitting

I agree with this, so long as its something that can be fixed if an appeal goes through successfully.

Justice!

Posted (edited)

Didn't any player who got banned get their char reset as well? Or am I just tripping. Either way +1. You broke rules for gear, say goodbye to your gear.

THAT BEING SAID

I see how this could be pointless. Verdicts take days to come about, sometimes a week or so. If you ghost you can just drop your roleplay M4 off at your roleplay base and wait to die. So I see both sides

Edited by Whitename

I meant to vote yes.

If they want to abuse the servers for the sake of gaining loot at an unfair advantage I think they should be stripped which makes them realise it wasn't worth their time. Therefore encourages less AOGM. 

If anything, if found guilty - their character reset and sent to the furthest part of the coast to make everything difficult for them for them to umderstand the severity of the situation.

4 of those votes to no must have ghosted lol

Posted (edited)

Voted no because asstated it will be part of the punishment again once the temporary technical difficulty have been lifted + for me the proper punishment for any kind of intentionally system exploiting should be permban. 

Edited by PaulB

Ghosting is such. A pleb move I plus one this 

Yes +1

Reset character of everyone who voted no rofl ghosters