Server time (UTC): 2019-10-18, 03:16
Sign in to follow this  
Jason Rider

KOS/RDM Servograd 14/06/2019, 05:10

Server and location:  S1, Servograd

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  2019-06-14, 0450 (roughly)

Your in game name:  Jason Rider

Names of allies involved:  Hunter Niremaan , Bodie, Willow Paden

Name of suspect/s: Unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):  No Vehicles.

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):  Possible POV's from allies, not myself

Detailed description of the events: After a small conversation with Hunter, Bodie, Willow and myself, we split into 2 pairs as i moved off to talk to Hunter. Running behind the Police Station, Hunter and I heard 2 gunshots, then as Hunter turned around he proceeded to be shot by a Mosin-Nagant (only hit once i believe). As i split off to make sure i wasnt to get shot, i waited to see if anyone tried to flank myself. After about 5 minutes of waiting, I started to run back to the Mechanic Shop and I saw Willow dead on the ground, Bodie said that she had been KOS'd as well. We ran around the city but we could not find any shooters. As far as we know, the shooter could still be in the city, but there was absolutely no engagement at all (i.e. "Stop", "Put your hands up" etc)

Posted (edited)

So!

Jason's POV pretty much checks out. We split into two groups and he and I went walked along the street to find a place to talk. We heard two suppressed shots. I saw a bullet impact on the road in front of us and suddenly realized that the shots were probably coming at us. When I turned around, I was hit by one bullet and died.

One important thing to note is that, given my affiliation with the Corperation, KOS on me is valid. However, given the KOS on Willow, evidence suggests that this KOS on Willow smells awfully fishy.

Thanks!

Edited by Firestorm
Clarifying validity of a KOS on a Corperation member.

Posted (edited)

I killed some people and it wasnt kos u all initiated on me ~15 minutes prior and rifled through my bag at mechanic shop

Edited by HaroldGains

3 minutes ago, HaroldGains said:

I killed some people and it wasnt kos u all initiated on me ~15 minutes prior and rifled through my bag at mechanic shop

You have shot the wrong people then my friend, because Willow and myself were not at the Mechanic shop for a good 20 minutes.

15 minutes? Absolutely not. Willow and I were there while you were initiated on, yes, but the time between the initiation and shooting me was far, far more than 15 minutes. We'll have to ask the others there for the exact time the initiation happened, but 15 minutes is a gross underestimation.

Just now, Firestorm said:

15 minutes? Absolutely not. Willow and I were there while you were initiated on, yes, but the time between the initiation and shooting me was far, far more than 15 minutes. We'll have to ask the others there for the exact time the initiation happened, but 15 minutes is a gross underestimation.

Defender rights last for 2 hours... no matter how long it was it was definitely less than that.

45 minutes ago, HaroldGains said:

Defender rights last for 2 hours... no matter how long it was it was definitely less than that.

All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.

If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  DEFENDER RIGHTS on the attackers. Defender rights allow you to kill attackers for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defender rights can be shared with anyone who you recently role played with as well as all your group members, if you are a part of an approved group.

We were not aware that there were hostilities going on, at least Hunter and myself were not anyway. We were not specific targets either, you did not know that I was a Mechanic or Hunter  was, even IF we did walk out of the Mechanic shop, that does not give you Defender Rights on us because we did not engage you.

Posted (edited)

You were with all of the people who initiated on me and even as your leader said to me before i was executed, when I left I said that I Was going to go get a scope and come back to kill you guys and your group. You were acting with them at the time of initiation and had your gun out, so I am obviously going to assume that you are in the same group with them. Everyone who held me at gunpoint was a specific target to me.

Do not act with a group and assume you are safe just because I am a solo player.

In another note, as I am aware all Potius members are KOS able even though that was not the direct reason for my kill.

Edited by HaroldGains

Posted (edited)

I was standing nearby with my gun out when the initiation happened. If it's alright, what I'm most interested is getting an approximate time that the initiation happened from the others involved. I had honestly forgotten that the initiation had even happened until this report, and didn't look at the time when it did happen.

I'd also like to point out rule 4.3.

4.3 You shouldn't use defender or attacker rights in situations where it doesn't make in-character sense as it can be seen as rule play. In other words, obtaining kill rights alone does not give you explicit permission to use them any time you want and in all situations. Think about if using them to kill another character is viable in the current situation considering role play and In Character information. Kill rights gained from any rule breaks (including but not limited to baiting, invalid initiation) are considered invalid and their use will be punished in the same way as if they were not obtained at all.

If it makes sense for your character to do this after the situation defuses, then that's absolutely fine. I just wanted to remind everyone of that.

Jason was also not online during that situation. I understand that you might have thought he was, since he was next to me when you fired at us, but I wanted to point that out too.

Edited by Firestorm
Clarifying where Jason was.

Posted (edited)

The time the initiation happened was around 40 minutes prior to when it happened. It made sense for me to do what my character did as I have been harassed by that compound for the last few days, and was also being egged on by another character named zack to come back and get my revenge and not be a weak man. I am also wondering why the member who wasn't even killed is making the report... The reason it took so long is that zack led me to an abandoned camp so I could retrieve a scope it was in the woods outside sevorograd. I understand that you may have been caught by surprise, but I would have no chance to get revenge if your team knew what I was about to do.

Although I do understand where the confusion may have come from, I do not believe I did anything wrong. This situation even led to a manhunt with 10+ people involved and the mechanics hiring the blue armbands to find me, I had to change clothes and try to hide in buildings, but the mechanics ultimately found me out and executed me. Ending my 2 day long struggle with them, and player killing me.

Edited by HaroldGains

Posted (edited)
Just now, Jason Rider said:

If you did come back after being killed, aren't you breaking NLR anyway?

If you read what I said, I was hunted and killed AFTER I killed you and willow... that was the reason they hunted and killed me.

Edited by HaroldGains

1 minute ago, HaroldGains said:

If you read what I said, I was hunted and killed AFTER I killed you and willow... that was the reason they hunted and killed me.

Ah, my apologies. I didn't correctly read what you said.

Still, the fact of the matter stands that you KOS'd. But if you're willing to admit that you're wrong, then I can drop the whole thing.

Ah, my apologies. I didn't correctly read what you said.

Still, the fact of the matter stands that you KOS'd. But if you're willing to admit that you're wrong, then I can drop the whole thing.

I can see what I did wrong. I thought that you were there with the mechanics at the time I was initiated on, although it turns out you were only with Firestorm. Thank you for having some mercy on me and being the bigger person here. I would be happy to comp you in any way I can for whatever you lost. (not sure how comp works on this server yet)

2 minutes ago, HaroldGains said:

I can see what I did wrong. I thought that you were there with the mechanics at the time I was initiated on, although it turns out you were only with Firestorm. Thank you for having some mercy on me and being the bigger person here. I would be happy to comp you in any way I can for whatever you lost. (not sure how comp works on this server yet)

Don't worry about comp my man, an apology is enough for me. Ill talk to the others and let them know it's all sorted.

Don't worry about comp my man, an apology is enough for me. Ill talk to the others and let them know it's all sorted.

Alright, thank you man. I look forward to seeing you guys in game for some RP on my new character 🙂

from the looks of it the involved parties have talked it out is every one in agreement of closing this report ?

32 minutes ago, Derek Steel said:

from the looks of it the involved parties have talked it out is every one in agreement of closing this report ?

Aye, it can be closed. Thank you 🙂

im glad to see you guys sorted this 

closed