Server time (UTC): 2019-10-15, 15:03
Sign in to follow this  
Steel

Bases

If there is someone in my base without my permission am I aloud to kill him/her?

No. You need to initiate on them.

2 minutes ago, Steel said:

If there is someone in my base without my permission am I aloud to kill him/her?

You'd think right? Someone actively breaks in or is stealing from you. Yet alas, your defense rights are still crazy limited as a base owner. My suggestion until the rules are revised further. Don't have a base. Or at least keep nothing worthwhile inside of it, besides your life.

As Onyx said you must initiate on them. In addition to this you may want to take a look at the thread linked below, specifically @Roland's comments on the thread explaining certain situations/examples of when kill rights are granted or not. Roland's comments made on June 3rd on the thread are very informative.

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/97352-theft-outside-of-voip/?tab=comments#comment-1786536

Always initiate on someone just to be safe.

More roleplay if you initiate.

Posted (edited)

If you're a staff member, or feel confident in your knowledge of the rules, feel free to correct me, if anything I wrote below is not accurate. I don't want to be that person who provides false information to new players.

As much as I have respect for what staff say; from my interpretation of the rules, and the review of many threads regarding Kill Rights (or Hostile Acts), I would say it would be incorrect for anyone to state that you are required to initiate. Especially not all the time.

Would it provide roleplay? Possibly. You could take them hostage, or shoot them if they don't comply. May even have the right to execute them if there's just cause. Such as being perceived as a threat, if you were to release them.

Are you required to roleplay? Yes and no. If they committed a hostile act, then you're allowed to shoot them on sight.

To answer your question,  I will agree with staff of stateing, NO, you may not shoot on sight if someone is walking around your base without your permission. Unless they committed a hostile act. Instead, you will need to ask them to leave or initiate.

However, You may shoot on sight if you witness them  breaking into your base, and/or are stealing from you, as long as it is unambigious and clear to both parties, of the hostile actions the intruder is committing. The intruding player must be aware of their malicious activity beyond a reasonable doubt. Especially for reports. 

For example, your base is fully secured while you're online and present, and they break down your front-gate, and then enter the premises to raid your supplies or harm you; which is considered a hostile act. 

Any of these below could be perceived as hostile actions. That grant you kill rights.

• When the owner is present; In cases of destruction of property. Such as if an intruding player break down your walls, shoot up your car or tents,etc. or otherwise. This would be a Hostile Act. EDIT: This is no longer considered a Hostile Act. You are required to initiate.
  • When the owner is present; if an intruding player enters the premises of a secured base, when it's clear someone lives there (present), without the owner's permission; especially if warned (not threatened) before. This would be a Hostile Act.
  • When the owner is present; If the intruding player is stealing from your person, your storage (car,tents,etc.), with-in the secured area of the base. This would be a Hostile Act.

Technicalities aside; let's be serious for a minute. If you're living in apocalyptic world, and some guy armed to the teeth just starts chopping down your front door, are you going to be politely asking them to leave, or demand that they drop their weapons and surrender? No, you'd be unloading all your damn ammunition into the motherf***er. I say, shoot first, ask questions later. That's what so great about about the first rule of hostilities. Play with a conscious of the rules, and use common sense, that way you'll be alright.

4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.

Nothing more clear and unambiguous (of a hostile action), than some armed random guy chopping down your front gate. 

Sources:

Spoiler

Edited by CamoRP