Server time (UTC): 2019-07-22, 23:37
Sign in to follow this  
andysuter

Transferring equipment between your characters

Is this a rule break / ghosting

One of my characters has some gear that will suit a new character of mine so well for RP purposes. Is it a rule break if I use character A to drop some of his stuff, log out and then log in as character B to pick it up? Im talking about a belt with holster and a side arm.

Im not even sure the system will let me do it and may just despawn the items I drop?

I wanted to ask before I attempted it. If its a rule break, i'll just have to find the gear in game as character B

You can't have multiple characters server side? As in, it's not possible. 

As the big man has said, you can't do this. Both servers are a shared hive, so any gear you have on your character on S1 will stay with your character when you play on S2.

However, in terms of swapping actual characters you play as, you can just simply gather items for your new character, then set the new character as active. It's not a rulebreak to gather stuff you'll use on a new character, then use them once you swap characters. Keep in mind that if you kill yourself to change models, NLR still applies.

Our servers are connected to a data base that transfers the gear from s1 to s2 or vice versa.

If you switch character on the forums - it will not change or wipe the character model.

Ghosting is where you log out in a combat situation, head on the other server we have (get a better positioning), log back into the original server to gain an advantage on killing the other party.

You don't have to drop your things whilst changing a different character - unless you want a different character model. It is best to store in a tent so it doesn't despawn. Kill yourself away from your tent / general area so you can return without causing NLR.

Sign in to follow this