Server time (UTC): 2019-07-19, 04:38
Sign in to follow this  
Joah

Build Anywhere [Major AOGM?]

Hello DayZRP Community, I wanted to take the time to point out some serious issues towards the Game Masters / Admins as I believe even most of the community will address this as a blatant issue. So here is the bigger picture when it comes to the build anywhere mod.

Example #1.

72e09e836e1fc80ed5fe4b1feb9aaff8.jpg.1c282e9aa887ba834743faf611108594.jpg

Example 1 description:

Admins say to just hacksaw your way in, or to just "learn to use ladders". However, there is no way to hacksaw this nor is there a way to ladder in. Unless you use AOGM of the ladders which I will show in my next example. 

Example 2:

Example 2 Description: 
The only way to beat this building is by using AOGM yourself to get in. The purpose of me doing this in the game was to make admin's aware of the situation, I used this in my own base and no one was affected by me doing this. It is purely an example.

Now I could go on and on about how much building exploits have been going on. 

Example 3:

https://gyazo.com/509a904d91b8caa503fdd614ea8346c4

Example 3 Description: 

As you can see here, someone is blatantly using plant crops to get to the other side of the building, and you can see these gates are built on the inside of the building as there is 0 way to hacksaw into this base.

Okay. So you might think. What can WE do about this?

#1.) More raiding tools, Perhaps power tools to destroy gates/fences.
#2.) Admins / Mods flying overhead giving warnings to players using blatant AOGM.
#3.) Punishment for AOGM to be worse than what it currently is.
#4.) Heavy weaponry perhaps, C4?

However, I encourage everyone who sees this post, to make a reply with screenshots of your examples of blatant AOGM abuse that makes the game unenjoyable for both hostile roleplayers and curious roleplayers.

[This is DayZRP, not Minecraft / Rust]

Thanks guys 
-Joah - Dean Lockwood

I just think we need to reduce the time it takes to break walls down to 20-30 minutes tbh.

1 minute ago, Onyx said:

I just think we need to reduce the time it takes to break walls down to 20-30 minutes tbh.

Anything man.

9 minutes ago, Joah said:

#1.) More raiding tools, Perhaps power tools to destroy gates/fences.

This is my personal favorite idea you had in your thread, Joah.  If we could have power tools that required effort to assemble (i.e. needing a car battery or a battery charger to power, something like that) that sawed into bases in less than 2.7 hours, I think that'd be a good compromise between allowing base raiding and baseRP.

Bonus points if it makes extra noise so it's actually risky to do.

Posted (edited)

The issue right now is that Dayz leaving the combination locks broke. Because these are broke we are allowed to take wire off when heading off etc and to be honest I'm for this otherwise we have literally no way at all to protect our things when offline. I totally get that it's not realistic but so is not waking up when being "asleep" if you're getting raided for your shit. An easy fix is either modding our own combo locks so that removing wire to the ONLY entrance becomes AOGM again and poeple will be punished for it. The only reason why taking wire from fences that are the only entrance to camps is allowed right now is because there's no other way to lock up when "sleeping/offline" but as soon as Dayz's combo locks are fixed or our devs (if possible) create our own modded ones that are fully functional and don't break when the server crashes/resets you will not longer be able to do that trick and then this problem should be fixed.

In addition, if walls took like 30 minutes to break down (maybe with power tools as you mentioned) then the walls that are currently impenetrable, like the ones showed in your video/picture will actually be able to be broken into. I'd love to see this added, just like back in the day when you could buy chainsaws to get into people's bases during the Dayz mod days.. Now they were fun as hell. 

But I agree, there should always be a way into a camp as long as it takes a decent amount of time to do so that it is well balanced for both sides of the coin. 

Edited by Saunders

8 minutes ago, Joah said:

#1.) More raiding tools, Perhaps power tools to destroy gates/fences. More tools is always a good way to both add to the RP and PVP/PVB aspects of the server.
#2.) Admins / Mods flying overhead giving warnings to players using blatant AOGM. Seems like more work than it's worth.
#3.) Punishment for AOGM to be worse than what it currently is. More punishment will just piss people off and cause more problems and squabbles.
#4.) Heavy weaponry perhaps, C4? Yes, yes, yes. Breaching charges/-small- bricks of C4 would be fucking awesome for raiding/breaching into bases.

While I personally love the Build Anywhere mod, I can see your point here with the AGOM it can cause. I think there needs to be less OOC management of what people do regarding bases and how they're built, and more IC ways to get in if people REALLY are determined to do so. Give me a battering ram and C4 over HOA style rules any day of the week.

Damn, this post is good. As a builder myself I look at many of these bases and know why they do these buggy entrances:
The combination locks are broken at the moment.

I feel once the locks are fixed and players create their entrances the easy way they will have no need for these obviously abusive ways on entry.

Just add RPGs rofl

I don't think that is an issue, but certain things are. I don't think you should be allowed to stuff a hesco barrier into a window for example. If we could get back the wooden plank window barricades then we should also remove the ability to place walls there but I doubt we can do something like that as it would be too complicated to implement.

I say C4 or something will be great.

tbh I think ladders should be removed if problems like the example exists.

3 minutes ago, Finn said:

tbh I think ladders should be removed if problems like the example exists.

And lose verticality to raiding?
It's a useful tool that needs to stay.

1 minute ago, DeagleERP said:

And lose verticality to raiding?
It's a useful tool that needs to stay.

Yes, but it needs a fix so people can't clip through walls.

Just now, Finn said:

Yes, but it needs a fix so people can't clip through walls.

The ladder in the game isn't a straight line, it's a line with a platform at the top of it. Since people can place it on walls this means that people can get into anywhere they want.
It's just how ladders work in this game, doubt it will be fixed because that requires an entirely different game.

I think this is an issue for the mods to handle since this is glitch of the mechanics being broken. if there is strict evidence of people exploiting this glitch to get into people's bases I would say it is AOGM. (The 2nd video)

I think they need to realise they would have to build the first platform before building the next so their isn't as much floating planks etc. (The 3rd video)

Posted (edited)

Devs make custom code locks, the monkeys that are doing these impenetrable bases should be banned.

Edited by Eagle

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Devs make custom code locks, the monkeys that are doing these impenetrable bases should be banned.

This is exactly what I mean, You're 100% correct.

I agree with this 10 fold.

Edited by Joah

3 minutes ago, Joah said:

I agree with this 10 fold

I’ve seen a mod done elsewhere with a whole keypad interface that’s custom and locks behind you as you close it as well, no resets at all. If we had that it would solve like 90% of our issues.

Best thing would probably be if we made it so you could build a door that relatively fits the door frames of buildings etc that you could put a codelock on.

For things such as example 3, those people should be punished for it because that's clearly abuse of game mechanics. It's so obvious even a kid would understand that you just can't make dirt appear in thin air.