Server time (UTC): 2019-10-17, 21:55
Sign in to follow this  
Rayleen

Allow diamond donor rank access to everything in the item shop.

Add full access to the item shop as a perk for the diamond donation rank.  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Could swap it for the cooldown. I know I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it meant access to everything in the item shop now and going forward.

But that's a pretty bad deal for me, isn't it?

First, a lot of people are willing to spend 5, 10, 20 euros to buy clothes they really like and will be using. Very few are willing to spend 200.

Second, Diamond is 200 (and less when there is a sale). Meanwhile the cost of buying all items on the item shop is like 500+. That's a pretty hefty discount you're requesting.

Third, I lose income on any newly added items. The thing needs to be sustainable for me to pay the bills not only now but also in the future. I would much rather take 5 € for every new added item than 200 at once and never anything more again.

Perhaps a fashionista role, kind of like a season pass?

It could be $5 a month and/or an amount for life?

Wouldn't mind if it came with some forum perks, allowing people to have flashy names and such, since this role would be based on appearances.

Posted (edited)

I have diamond and I have spent over a hundred euro in the shop. I wouldn't like to see this has everyone would jump on the diamond train for twenty quid and spawn everything in which means Roland would lose money, which means less money for the server to run on. So no if you want to buy something on the shop buy it, ranks should not have any wave over the item shop. 

Popular items around 7 - 9 euro a pop. That's two items your paying for more or less. 

No chance. 

Edited by FalkRP

Rolando lose munies dis way.

Rolando no like.

Rolando like his munies.

I get where you're coming from though, but from a business standpoint it is not a good move. So it's likely not going to ever happen!

Nah.

If you want to play Fashionista, buy the items or loot up, imo. 

If there was a 'shop pass' item that allowed full access, it should be priced accordingly... a lot more then half the cost of some of the items.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Roland said:

But that's a pretty bad deal for me, isn't it?

First, a lot of people are willing to spend 5, 10, 20 euros to buy clothes they really like and will be using. Very few are willing to spend 200.

Second, Diamond is 200 (and less when there is a sale). Meanwhile the cost of buying all items on the item shop is like 500+. That's a pretty hefty discount you're requesting.

Third, I lose income on any newly added items. The thing needs to be sustainable for me to pay the bills not only now but also in the future. I would much rather take 5 monthly for a long time (while new items are added) than 200 at once and never anything more again.

A true businessman, I think your answer is right here 

edit: free Islam armbands would be a smart business move imo 😉

Edited by Diamond

Posted (edited)

Im a recent joiner and started with bronze. For 5 euro its less than most spend on their lunch. I then started playing in the game and realised what a fantastic playground we have here. This needs to be looked after and to do that it needs to be financially viable for those that own it. With a bit of disposable income I decided in a short time to go just full house and get diamond for 20Euro a month. Ive also spent 40euro in the shop recently buying items to suit my character play style etc

However, aside from the fancy forum colours you don't really get much more that would benefit you ingame than a non sub does, carelu not to include Pay 2 win here!). For me its about the support of the community to help keep it going. As soon as I feel im not getting value for money (im probably not already!) then i'll drop the sub. 

One thing @Roland said is that he needs to keep people subbing. That's good sense so how about its 20E a month but you get 20E credit  (excluding new items) to use in the item shop. Sapphire would be 10E of credit a month etc. Theres a few online games  that do this. If you spend 20 euros in the shop each month, you are basically getting a diamond membership for free. It may also tempt those that like buying the odd item to spend a bit more a month and get a sub. 

If you are a mid range subber, the extra incentive may encourage a higher level sub?

Edited by andysuter

Na. Legends get special access because they actually deserve it for all the work they’ve done. Also makes no sense for Roland to give access to everything to diamonds. Some people think I’m stupid for having spent 80(?) euros on item shop. Personally I think it’s fine because I can spawn in any unique item I might need or my friend might need that is super hard to find (like Jason mask). It also helps support the server and Roland. 

Posted (edited)

I would like access to all items pls

(I meme, Ive spent quite a bit on the item shop already)

Edited by Aisling

4 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

And yet the devs who add all the value to the item shop get item ship credit for their work and no share of the monetary value for their contributions. (We know we arent forced and we know we can leave at any time, saying that is just avoiding the issue at hand)

My big issue when it comes to all of these threads is the devs. We are the ones who make all this stuff, yet I'm the only one who has MVP on the dev team. Honestly for all devs that commit alot of content we should be Legend, we literally bring monteray value to the server (to no benefit of our own) as well as players because of how solid our mod is (Also thanks to @JimRP for his PR skills). 

You act like normal staff never get shafted.

2 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

I never said anything about normal staff, all I know is that normal staff dont spend hours modelling and coding, skills that are worth lots of money.

As someone who's had to do some pretty heavy code for free, I 100% + Aeryes concern.

But to be the voice of reason:

@Roland, how would you feel about 1 free item per month for diamond ranks instead? ^_^ 

1 minute ago, The Traveler said:

As someone who's had to do some pretty heavy code for free, I 100% + Aeryes concern.

But to be the voice of reason:

@Roland, how would you feel about 1 free item per month for diamond ranks instead? ^_^ 

Now this I can get behind! This way Rolle still making monies but Diamond have an extra perk since they pay so much money for the rank

16 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

One free item of your choice, otherwise you'll just get t shirts.

Tbh choice is pretty cool, but I don't think Roland's quite that cheap dude. He deserves some credit 😅

I would think a free item every 2-3 months would make more sense. Otherwise, Roland would have to ensure at least 2 new clothing items came out every 30 days to keep up on profit otherwise people would just freebie the new item as it pieces in. And turning out that amount of new content in less than 30 days would be quite demanding.

Just now, Aeryes said:

Dude, every month there's like 30 new items added to the mod, and if we extended item shop to RP items like guitars and cassette players there's even more options. Content is not the issue here.

That's if you include textures though, and since items are sold per object, not per texture it's a bit different. Unless you're gonna make it freebie per texture.

Man, I’d be one happy fucking camper if we could get RP items and basic gear (compass, map, hunting knife, maybe even bags and civ weapons at a premium price) in the item shop. Doubtful it would ever happen, but 10/10 I’d buy.

Posted (edited)

the item shop and vip ranks should be two completely different things and have no correlation 

some other compromises could be added but it’s limited cause we’re playing dayz 

Edited by tosstheball

7 minutes ago, The Marshal said:

Man, I’d be one happy fucking camper if we could get RP items and basic gear (compass, map, hunting knife, maybe even bags and civ weapons at a premium price) in the item shop. Doubtful it would ever happen, but 10/10 I’d buy.

You can't mate, there is a contract from Bohemia that states any perks that cost money must not be beneficiary in game. It's why we don't sell backpacks and the like on the shop. 

31 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

Dude, every month there's like 30 new items added to the mod, and if we extended item shop to RP items like guitars and cassette players there's even more options. Content is not the issue here.

I feel for you mate. Everyone involved behind the scenes needs some acknowledgement/credit at the very least. I’ve volunteered 5 years of my life as a kids football coach and know how it can feel when things just pass you by. 

I’m not insinuating you are not appreciated but I think all staff should stand out on the forum as a minimum 

Then where’s the line drawn? Because buying a full BDU kit gives you three times the inventory slots. Assault boots allow you to carry a knife. Gloves protect your hands from ladders. Are those not all advantages? Where’s the line?

Instead of just staying part of it it also states that if they are a able they must be a able to players who don’t pay as well. They can’t be donor only, as u can find the items  ingane

big man would lose out on way too much money. won’t happen

5 hours ago, Aeryes said:

And yet the devs who add all the value to the item shop get item ship credit for their work and no share of the monetary value for their contributions. (We know we arent forced and we know we can leave at any time, saying that is just avoiding the issue at hand)

My big issue when it comes to all of these threads is the devs. We are the ones who make all this stuff, yet I'm the only one who has MVP on the dev team. Honestly for all devs that commit alot of content we should be Legend, we literally bring monteray value to the server (to no benefit of our own) as well as players because of how solid our mod is (Also thanks to @JimRP for his PR skills). 

Seems like you've came onto this thread solely to complain about you and other developers not getting monetarily compensated. Either way, this is something you should be taking up with Roland himself, because I don't see the relevance anything you're saying has to what the OP suggested. 

Anyway, it's a nice suggestion OP, but whether people like it or not, this place needs to have an income, and that reduces the income of the server.