Server time (UTC): 2019-07-18, 13:58
Sign in to follow this  
Conor

S2 - VOIP OOC/Powergaming? - 23:20 - 10/06/19

Posted (edited)

Server and location: Server 2 - Heli crash north of Green Mountain

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 23:20/23:25 GMT   -    10/06/2019

Your in game name: Anya Petrasek

Names of allies involved: None

Name of suspect/s: Unknown (he had a couple of friends on the hillside somewhere but I did not interact with them)

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): https://youtu.be/PP1MS-wF94o

Detailed description of the events: Spotted a heli crash. Went to look. As I start looking inside I hear someone outside say something. I went out to say hi. The dude clearly doesn't understand what text RP is... Apparently my mic was not working and he 'powergames' that my text RP is me passing him notes without any emotes leading up to that such as: *Writes on a piece of paper and hands it over*

Due to me being "new"  he tries to explain what my issues might be. He says that I should check if my mic is muted or re-log to fix it. I then hurriedly log out. I get the feeling that he is actually trying to RP which is good but he has no idea what powergaming is and no idea what text RP is.

Please watch the video it tells the story a lot better than I can via text notes. Apologies for the loud discord chat. I mute it when I realise the IG comms are getting even juicer.

Edited by Conor

Position Logs:

Spoiler

22:10:51 | Player "Anya Petrasek" (pos=<2822.4, 6689.0, 366.0>) 
22:15:51 | Player "Anya Petrasek" (pos=<3116.7, 6609.4, 362.0>) 
22:20:52 | Player "Anya Petrasek" (pos=<3435.9, 6499.3, 342.0>) 

22:15:51 | Player "Miller Anderson" (pos=<3599.9, 6323.9, 349.6>) 
22:20:52 | Player "Miller Anderson" (pos=<3555.8, 6382.4, 345.4>) 
22:25:52 | Player "Miller Anderson" (pos=<3695.7, 6274.7, 361.1>)

Connection Logs

Spoiler

20:58:02 | Player "Anya Petrasek" is connected
22:25:22 | Player "Anya Petrasek" has been disconnected

22:07:42 | Player "Miller Anderson" is connected
23:13:21 | Player "Miller Anderson" has been disconnected

Chat Logs

Spoiler

22:21:41 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): Hi
22:21:52 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): Hello?
22:22:04 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): Come to see the helicopter
22:22:17 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): Can you not hear me?
22:22:28 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): Maybe take the hood off
22:22:38 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): Okay then
22:22:43 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): That is strange...
22:22:54 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): What?
22:23:03 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): Notes I pass you? What notes?
22:23:15 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): I am good
22:23:28 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): Because I talk with my voice?
22:24:19 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): I go and find somewhere to sleep then
22:24:27 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): Take care for now. See you around
22:24:35 | Chat("Anya Petrasek"): I sleep in the woods.

Calling in for POV:
@NinjaRP

To be completely honest, I thought the girl was extreamly new and her mic was muted. I have had this happen in the past with many, many other people. I was simply trying to be helpful in some kind of way, saying the fact she kept asking if I can "hear her" or not. I thought she was quite literally having a technical issue and I wanted to attempt to be helpful.... I find this to be very petty that I "Dont know what text RP" and I "was power gaming", When I simply was trying to help her since I "Couldnt hear her"

-I am fully aware of what Power Gaming and text RP is, including the fact I have thousands of hours of RP. Just about 3.5k On arma 3 of straight Taki Life and etc. Sorry for attempting to help, I have helped many others in the past, Its just when she mentioned the "can you hear me" part, thats when I thought it was a tech issue.

9 hours ago, NinjaRP said:

To be completely honest, I thought the girl was extreamly new and her mic was muted. I have had this happen in the past with many, many other people. I was simply trying to be helpful in some kind of way, saying the fact she kept asking if I can "hear her" or not. I thought she was quite literally having a technical issue and I wanted to attempt to be helpful.... I find this to be very petty that I "Dont know what text RP" and I "was power gaming", When I simply was trying to help her since I "Couldnt hear her"

-I am fully aware of what Power Gaming and text RP is, including the fact I have thousands of hours of RP. Just about 3.5k On arma 3 of straight Taki Life and etc. Sorry for attempting to help, I have helped many others in the past, Its just when she mentioned the "can you hear me" part, thats when I thought it was a tech issue.

If you are fully aware of what text RP is, then why when I RP with you via text do you not respond? You say hello to me, I say hello back.

You ask what brings me here, I tell you I came to see the crashed helicopter. You then ask me if my tongue is cut out and say that I do not have a voice...

My tongue is not cut out, I just answered your question of what brings me here.

I did not start the whole 'not being able to hear you'. That was you. I then ask if you can hear me because maybe your character is hearing impaired or something. I even suggest for you to take your hood off to improve your ability to hear me. More text RP that you ignore very well for somebody who has a thousand hours of RP and knows what text RP is.

You then invent the idea that I am passing you notes, despite me never emoting anything to do with passing you a note.

Now I know you are new here so I am going to give you the run down.

You ignored my attempts of text RP, despite it being clear that is what I was doing. You powergame that I am passing you notes, even though I never passed you anything. After all of this you then go out of character using your microphone to tell me to unmute my mic and try re-logging. The fact that you said go to sleep instead of re-logging is the only thing that told me it's clear you are at least trying to roleplay.

Even if I was trying to communicate with you using a mic, and you were truly trying to be of assistance, then going out of character using your own microphone is strictly forbidden. It says it clearly in the rules, section 3.8: "OOC communication should only be done through text chat and only when absolutely necessary. You may not use OOC chat to casually chat with other players in game. Use the "//" prefix to indicate OOC text communication."

It is not petty for me to assume you don't know what powergaming or text RP is. That is just my opinion from what I observed during our brief encounter.

Summary:
@Conor is inside the heli crash checking it out when he notices a man moving up to the crash. He moves out to greet the person and they start a small interaction where @Conor is text RPing which makes @NinjaRP think that @Conor mic is broken and starts to explain how to fix the problem in voip and at some point tries to state that @Conor is passing him notes as communication to which @Conor never gives any indication of doing.

Now to explain, you should never go OOC on voip. If you absolutely need to go OOC you need to use the "//" prefix to to show that you're going OOC and only in text. So next time you run into a situation like this go: "//is your mic broken". I would still not advice to do that every time you meet someone that is typing. And another thing, at no point should you force an action on a player like you did with the part of you stating that they were passing you notes. They did at no point say they were passing notes in their text RP. Now over to the rules that were broken:

3.7 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief upon another players character beyond what the game mechanics allow, unless the action is specifically allowed by the other player. This is called power gaming.

3.8 OOC communication should only be done through text chat and only when absolutely necessary. You may not use OOC chat to casually chat with other players in game. Use the "//" prefix to indicate OOC text communication.

Verdict:
@NinjaRP - BadRP - 5 DAY BAN AND 10 WARNING POINTS
Signed by: @Derek Steel @Xehara