Server time (UTC): 2020-02-18, 05:00 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
andysuter

Do you play Military or Civillian

Do you play Military or Civillian  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I play a civilian that was an ex con.

i'm not really active enough to get into or even learn playing something other than a civilian, but i'm fine with it

13 hours ago, Brayces said:

I like playing characters that I can develop as I RP. So I bring in clean slates; IE. people who've never held a gun, never shot a person, never done any survival training and then build on that in RP. 

This is my personal correct answer.  My current character Teddy learned his medical knowledge through the Free Medics, still has no experience shooting anything more than a pistol and bolt-action rifle, and struggles with violence/harming others because he has never done it.  I love seeing the progression of characters like this over time.  "Unlocking," so to say, new skills and abilities for your character gives a lot of the same satisfaction that getting top tier armor or maxing out a skill does in RPGs like Skyrim, in my opinion.

Well for me personally i think what is most realistic personally. If i was in this scenario, what would i do. So if it comes to military gear...would i run around with a bullet proof vest and a machine gun? Probably not....i'd still like something to defend myself with though, but perhaps something easy to use for an untrained civilian.

This way i always kinda end up with civilian clothes, a military backpack and a shotgun or something like that.

My character wears a mix between Civ and Military due to his background of being ex-military but also a survivalist from basically since he was born he uses whatever resources he can gather to reach his goals.

my characters always ends up as a medic or a random person in the position to help other survivors beater

I have always been a good civilian.

Recently I got bored of seeing too much friendliness around me... and I got jealous of other characters who always have amazing adventures...

So I am trying to be a bit more evil character, but I cannot! XD!

Yeah, I have no IRL experience of anything military so I wouldn't even attempt it. Besides I hardly have any sense of commanding authority in my voice, I'm too easily startled.

Aaaand.. I don't understand the people who go around in full black either, usually if I bump into anyone in full black, full military and carrying their gun openly I just assume I'm about to have a problem. Since the few times I've bumped into anyone while out solo, aside from one instance, they're the ones who suddenly go 'Right drop your gun or I'll blow your head off'

Which.. sucks, but I expect it, since gear-wise they know they've the advantage. at most my character'll wear a bullet-resistant vest, since they're easy to put on and remove, and a shotgun (I've been pheasant shooting before, they're not the hardest gun to operate) but barely anything other then this. So when a dude in full tactical gear with an MP5 or an AK gets the drop on me, I can't really do anything other then comply.

Play civi, but always gotts have a thing that makes the character intresting. At least something that will get your character in trouble to create a story line. Like murdering an entire family outta rage, or being a chedaki supporter for example. 

For me, the most important consideration is that I want to be able to "fill my character with life" - and as I have no IRL military experience, I think I would not be able to RP actual military personell. Even during my time with Potius Cras, I never played the tacticool operators, but rather the businessmen or workers behind the operation, because that's something I can immerse myself a with a lot better...

However, the character I really grew to like and enjoy playing the most is Ilya, a civilian becoming somewhat of a paramilitary thug during the civil war - so a bit of both worlds, without the IC and OOC ability to tacticool around. The character has really played out in amazing ways for me 🙂 I try to portray that "mix" with my clothing style as well, I usually combine a tracksuit jacket or something alike with old damaged camo clothing, and I stick away from high-end weaponry but would rather carry a SKS or alike, at best...

I never really liked playing military, seemed too tryhard for me. So far i've played:

- Myself. Dutch guy on vacation (Early DayZRP times, Normal civilian clothing)

- Chernarussian Police Officer (Perma-Killed, Wears Police Uniform)

- Mexican Ex-Cartel Member (Wears a Sombrero and Leather Jacket)

- Mexican Janitor (Wears a Sombrero with any Civilian Clothing)

- Chernarussian Store Security (Current Character, still working on the outfit)

Edited by barto300

For years I've always played as characters who had families with military backstories but never really played as a soldier/military character until my current character who is ex CDF.

Wow, lots of replies. I’ve tried to play interesting civilian ( currently a contractor type that you hired to find people if they owed you money). Had a nice suit but realised I can’t carry much which is useless for a group member. 

So ive ended up ditching the suit and getting military camo and a big bag. 

I’m really disappointed I’ve gone this route. Struggling to find a useful character that isn’t a military clone of everyone else 

17 hours ago, andysuter said:

Wow, lots of replies. I’ve tried to play interesting civilian ( currently a contractor type that you hired to find people if they owed you money). Had a nice suit but realised I can’t carry much which is useless for a group member. 

So ive ended up ditching the suit and getting military camo and a big bag. 

I’m really disappointed I’ve gone this route. Struggling to find a useful character that isn’t a military clone of everyone else 

Civilians are vital, I play a Civilian, my character has no military experience, only military gear i use is vest, bag, weapon and some NVGs , Im a Trader, a Scout/Guide, scavenger and general dogsbody! Dont give up on being a CIV, and maybe come back to Novo you may have missed some other Civs 😉

and as for carrying stuff, thats only necessary if you need it to be, I run light a lot of the time, got to be swift on you feet when scouting. 

Edited by czar

Usually, a civilian with some survival knowhow. But my first character was a civilian who kind of got drafted into a military group. I find trying out all your options is best, but I prefer skilled civilian myself.