Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-07-16, 07:13
Sign in to follow this  
Gatorr

Long queues

Recommended Posts

so uhhhh If there is a 40 man queue on s1, instead of sitting there for an hour, how about we just populate s2. It baffles me when I see 30+ people sitting in queue for s1 when s2 is at 40 people. If all the people sitting there joined s2 it would be just as full. Now it seems the only option is to sit in an unfathomably long queue or join a low pop server and not find anyone. be the change you want to see in the world 

Share this post


Link to post

People are too attached to their bases vs the RP they could have

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Squillium said:

People are too attached to their bases vs the RP they could have

I have hopped onto S2, and when I ran into a player, they were mostly just players who are just looting and have no interest in engaging in roleplay. I rather sit in a 30-person queue.

As in regards to base. RP Hubs is where it's at right now, if you want to have fun, outside a group of friends. 

I am use to being a lone wanderer out in the woods most of the time, but even now and then I like to go to cities for trade and other social reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, CamoRP said:

I have hopped onto S2, and when I ran into a player, they were mostly just players who are just looting and have no interest in engaging in roleplay. I rather sit in a 30-person queue.

As in regards to base. RP Hubs is where it's at right now, if you want to have fun, outside a group of friends. 

I am use to being a lone wanderer out in the woods most of the time, but even now and then I like to go to cities for trade and other social reasons.

There's no good RP on S2 because everyone sits in a queue instead of switching servers.

And yea, unfortunately the base building changes have caused the RP-hub mentality to get worse. Also, I'd hope you wouldn't run around alone in the woods all day on an RP server, seems kind of pointless.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry, but the people I wish to speak with are on S1.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Squillium said:

---I'd hope you wouldn't run around alone in the woods all day on an RP server, seems kind of pointless.---

 

Well, I mean, when I first started playing this server in mid-2017, the game had a lot of survival mechanics in 0.62; which generally kept me busy and entertained. However, since then, small-critter hunting, trapping, fishing, leatherworking and other activities have been removed. Also, there were bows, so I could make it more challenging.

Share this post


Link to post

I think if S2 was unhived it would fix the issue.

I think the community may have enough unique RPers now to populate two servers and resolve the issue of finding only looters on one server.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, LagIsMyExcuse said:

I think if S2 was unhived it would fix the issue.

I think the community may have enough unique RPers now to populate two servers and resolve the issue of finding only looters on one server.

I would feel more comfortable if they were unhived as well. Especially given to what I said in this thread.

Spoiler

 

On 5/31/2019 at 11:39 AM, CamoRP said:

A definite downvote from me, -1 , I do not support this suggestion.

Why?

Server #1 is more so focused on player-to-player interaction. It's the main server, it's meant for the character and group(s) story development. By this I mean any form of roleplay and settlements (player-hubs).

Server #2 is for overflow, meant for the purpose of allowing players to still play until Server #1 has open slots again. No one wants to sit in a queue of 45 players, we all know what that was like in 2017. We had an open server, but people continued to join the full one, because that's where all the roleplay and group settlements were located.

There's very minimal pros versus cons, let me list the cons, I will let you figure out the pros, since it's self-explanatory.

Here's the major cons:

  1.  Ghosting - Players who use S2 to their advantage to hop from S1 to flank an enemy's position or to bypass base fortification.
  2.  Looting -  Players who use S2, tend to use it for looting, since there's minimal storage and player-traffic through it. However, players may server-hop to loot the same area twice. Or more so, could loot-cycle with less risk of getting caught, than a populated server.
  3.  Travel - Players who use S2, to avoid roleplay because they know certain groups reside in a particular area, and they want to travel in peace.

Most of the information listed in these cons above, in practicality, are rule violations or frowned-upon if a player does this. 

  • Ghosting  in any form is an abuse of game mechanics (AOGM), and is covered by Rule 2.5 . Ask yourself this before committing any action. Is it fair in the sense of roleplay for what you're about to do? Have a conscious. Don't think with the mindset of that fact you were able to get away with it on a Public Hive Server.
  • Regarding looting; Now, players can use S2 to loot, but if that's your primary focus, you are in a sense committing GearRP which is frowned-upon. As you place gear over your roleplay. Now, there are different variations of looting. If you loot-cycle, or server-hop to loot same area twice this is an abuse of game mechanics (AOGM). If you raid a base primarily for the sake of gear, this could be seen as GearRP, and again is frowned-upon. Even in some scenarios, Roland himself says you really shouldn't "alter" a base unless the inhabitants provoke you, but I believe this concept was over-looked a while ago. However, it is very easy to violate Rule 3.3 in regards to bases. You must ask yourself, is the damage (destruction of base objects, loot theft, removal of the tents & vehicles, etc) to a base sufficient enough for the in-character roleplay purpose? In the very least, just make sure you don't don't grief a base (see Rule 4.8).
  • Travel; Now, if you're someone who avoids roleplay in an indirect way, I can see this being frowned-upon, however, I do not think this falls under rule 3.3. If it harms anyone's roleplay, it's your own. Why? Because you're using S2 (or S1) to avoid potential hostile players, you see/hear in the distance. So you hop over to the other server so you can continue to travel with less risk of an encounter due to the lower population, or the fact you knew someone was there before you hopped.

I wanted to add one more thing, in-case you're new to the community, or are currently breaking the rules with the mind-set, you'll never get caught. Trust me you will, eventually! The staff team will never claim that they commit time & resources to spectate player activity and or the admin-logs but trust me, they do. Always pretend that whatever you do in-game in this community is being spectated by someone looking over your shoulder. That's Big-Brother, always watching.

I am happy to say, that admin-logs and admin-tools have drastically improved fairplay in 2019. Almost any form of ghosting, griefing, or AOGM can now have evidence gathered easily for a report without the victim's party to have direct evidence gathered by themselves. I will not go into detail of how this works, as I don't want players to look for work-arounds. So I will leave it at that.

If you play fair and are honest with yourself, you will do fine here. We're here to have fun. I guess you could say I could be a role-model; as I have 1400+ hours logged into this community during the last 2 years, without any warning-points. I say that with pride. It's not an easy task. There are moments, I myself, have struggled with the temptations of violating the rules, but don't. Whenever I am tempted, I tell myself that I have dedicated my time and money into this community as well as made many friends who I would like to enjoy continue speaking to. That's what communities have taught me. Friendship.

Thanks for reading.

But you're asking to potentially divide the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, CamoRP said:

I would feel more comfortable if they were unhived as well. Especially given to what I said in this thread.

  Hide contents

 

But you're asking to potentially divide the community.

I actually think at this point the divide would be healthy.  I think there'd be a certain flavor adopted by the two servers.  One will turn more PVP and the other more RP depending on the player base preference.

Currently, people are being divided unwillingly without an opportunity to have good RP on S2, I feel this would give them purpose.  it could also backfire of course if the population were to get low again.

I do agree with a ton of your points in the above quoted thread too.

Edited by LagIsMyExcuse

Share this post


Link to post

To be honest I don't care which server... I go where my friends play 😄

I played often enough on S2 and have some good RP. I understand when people want to be in queue to play with the people they wanna play with. Nothing we can change about it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Do NOT make S2 a different hive, what sense does it make to gear for two separate servers when they're the same world. Personally, I play on both on the same character, with the same group and I'm able to interact with a fair few people. Just because you can't find them, doesn't mean the RP opportunities aren't there.

+1 People should use common sense and go on S2 instead of a 40 man queue, however I understand wanting to be in the queue due to RPing with certain people on that specific server.

-1 for making S2 a separate hive.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Mexi said:

Do NOT make S2 a different hive, what sense does it make to gear for two separate servers when they're the same world. Personally, I play on both on the same character, with the same group and I'm able to interact with a fair few people. Just because you can't find them, doesn't mean the RP opportunities aren't there.

+1 People should use common sense and go on S2 instead of a 40 man queue, however I understand wanting to be in the queue due to RPing with certain people on that specific server.

-1 for making S2 a separate hive.

To be fair, even if they were unhived, you could play the same character on 2 different servers still though, but it could be a little strange if there are two different groups in the same location on the two servers that you interact with, but that could be the case now anyways.

Edited by LagIsMyExcuse

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, LagIsMyExcuse said:

To be fair, even if they were unhived, you could play the same character on 2 different servers still though, but it could be a little strange if there are two different groups in the same location on the two servers that you interact with, but that could be the case now anyways.

Why do that though? That's more hassle for people like myself who play on both. What sense does it make to force players to either sit in a 40 man queue for the server where their 'main' character is or just go onto S2 on a character that is just a fresh spawn when they can play on BOTH with the SAME character at no expense of their time.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, CamoRP said:

But you're asking to potentially divide the community. 

What if each server had a different map? Like for example:

1) Each server would have a map representing different regions of South Zagoria. S1 would remain Chernarus, S2 would become something different.

2) Groups would primarily live in either one or the other map, where they would have their bases.

57 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Sorry, but the people I wish to speak with are on S1. 

3) Allow to see on the forums page who is playing in which server at the moment.

4) Make a rule so that people cannot move from one server to the other more than once per day. This change would be treated in game as "traveling".

 

This is just an idea... I like my idea... It would solve the long list queue... The community is getting big enough for this! 🙂

Edited by William89

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, William89 said:

What if each server had a different map? Like for example:

1) Each server has a map representing different regions of South Zagoria. S1 remains Chernarus, S2 becomes something different.

2) Group will primarily live in either one or the other map, where they will have their bases.

Neither of these help the queue, if anything it'll make it worse.

1 minute ago, William89 said:

3) Allow to see on the forums page who is playing in which server at the moment.

4) Make a rule so that people cannot move from one server to the other more than once per day.

3 - That was removed due to a hefty amount of metagame coming from it.

4 - That's silly. You yourself proposed that each server is different, why would that change anything IF that were to ever happen (god forbid). Restricting players is not how you keep them in communities. 

tl;dr we're fine as it is. People can pick and choose what server to play on, doesn't effect anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Mexi said:

Why do that though? That's more hassle for people like myself who play on both. What sense does it make to force players to either sit in a 40 man queue for the server where their 'main' character is or just go onto S2 on a character that is just a fresh spawn when they can play on BOTH with the SAME character at no expense of their time.

They can do that now but the 40 person queue shows us that a lot of people aren't.

I think people are too afraid to invest any kind of substantial amount of time into S2 because they know if the population of S1 dips it will turn off.  It also creates difficulties in base building and ghosting because the structures are not persistent between servers.

I'm not saying there's no RP on S2, but I myself would be very apprehensive to even try since all of the stories, locations and people my RP is with is on S1.  If you RP in a small group of say 2-3 people it may not be an issue, but if you're a part of a larger 15+ person group, then it makes it very difficult.

Again it's just a suggestion and may even have 0 chance of being considered or heard, or may have been tried in the past and failed and I am not aware.  I'm not married to the idea, just trying to offer potential solutions.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, LagIsMyExcuse said:

if they were unhived, you could play the same character on 2 different servers

I like your idea!

15 minutes ago, LagIsMyExcuse said:

it could be a little strange if there are two different groups in the same location on the two servers that you interact with

Yes, I also do not like two parallel worlds. That's why, in my opinion, S2 should be a different region of South Zagoria. And moving from S1 to S2 would be the same as getting in the car and moving to a different region...

Edited by William89

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, LagIsMyExcuse said:

They can do that now but the 40 person queue shows us that a lot of people aren't.

That is the players choice to do, if my friends are on S1 where others that we'd like to try and find for RP are, what sense does it make for us to be on S2? 

1 minute ago, LagIsMyExcuse said:

I think people are too afraid to invest any kind of substantial amount of time into S2 because they know if the population of S1 dips it will turn off.  It also creates difficulties in base building and ghosting because the structures are not persistent between servers.

I've found 2-3 settlements on S2 which are very active, people just aren't attempting to look in the correct places. S2 is called 2 for a reason, it isn't a primary server, it is and always will be overflow, by choice of the player. Just as S3 would if we ever get back to that point. Ghosting is easy to prove with positional and connection logs.

3 minutes ago, LagIsMyExcuse said:

I'm not saying there's no RP on S2, but I myself would be very apprehensive to even try since all of the stories, locations and people my RP is with is on S1.  If you RP in a small group of say 2-3 people it may not be an issue, but if you're a part of a larger 15+ person group, then it makes it very difficult.

I'm in a fairly large group and I'm aware you are too, your place is in Severo which is a huge hub currently which makes sense as to why you don't want to hop over, because you have RP and a home set up over there, which is absolutely fine. By choice, that was something you decided to do and due to it being the 'main' server, you'll have to deal with the queue times. I'd suggest trying S2 and not staying around the usual areas that are populated on S1, that's where you tend to find people just as we have.

5 minutes ago, LagIsMyExcuse said:

Again it's just a suggestion and may even have 0 chance of being considered or heard, or may have been tried in the past and failed and I am not aware.  I'm not married to the idea, just trying to offer potential solutions.

I'm aware it's a suggestion, one that I disagree would help, if anything in my opinion splitting would harm the community a lot more than help it. It's just not worth it when you can use the same character for a lot less hassle and RP with separate people on both S1 and 2 as and when you find them.

Just now, William89 said:

I like your idea!

Yes, I do not like two parallel worlds. That's why, in my opinion, S2 should be a different region of South Zagoria. And moving from S1 to S2 would be the same as getting in the car and moving to a different region...

That would make 0 sense, how would my character suddenly appear and continue a story in another region? No.. Just no.

Share this post


Link to post

Only time I'll go on S2 is if I'm regearing or if I'm adding walls to my base to stop ghosting.

Share this post


Link to post

The number of people on S2 who are completely disinterested in roleplay can be quite disheartening. I don't have the time of day to sit in a queue for an hour, I'd much rather be playing and roleplaying. Plus my connection is not the most stable so I can sit in queue for a while just to be booted for ping issues, which sucks. But when no one on S2 actually wants to ever interact, it gets dull and boring. There's no immediate fix to this problem that DayZRP admins can implement, and honestly I think it should fall on us as role-players and community members to populate S2 with a more serious set of stories, characters, and events. This isn't an issue an admin can magically fix with a new rule, it's something we have to work towards if we want to see the quality of roleplay on S2 improve.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Finn said:

Only time I'll go on S2 is if I'm regearing or if I'm adding walls to my base to stop ghosting.

that attitude is exactly what im talking about

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Whatever... I have never done this but... I would like to invoke one of our most powerful gods, @Aeryes, for his opinion... humbly expecting that he hears my prayer to make S2 a different, playable region of South Zagoria, to which we can "travel" by a login-logoff process, thus increasing the number of stories and community members that can play at one given point of time, and thus also increasing the amount of money that these players bring to the shop...

Edited by William89

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Gatorr said:

that attitude is exactly what im talking about

I'm usually building, or trading whenever I'm in game. How am I supposed to do that on the second server when my store is on the first?

Share this post


Link to post

It's because most peoples bases are on S1 and some of us play during times that S2 isn't even up. A way to help with this would be to keep S2 open at all times, then it gives people who play during none peak times to actually have a base on S2 otherwise it would be pointless. Plus, I find that the best RP comes from S1, S2 is harder to find RP as a lot of people just go there to loot as it's less populated.

Share this post


Link to post

If my friends are on s1 i join s1 if there on s2 i join s2.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...