Server time (UTC): 2019-10-15, 14:57
Sign in to follow this  
All3n

Mic works half the time

i have experienced this issue multiple times, and i even found a thread here about it from 2 years ago, but im wondering if there is any permanent fix yet, My microphone seems to work fine on my first encounter with people, however later on in my playtime i would encounter someone and my mic would no longer be working unless i relog

Hello @All3n,

Have you tried to delete you XML files? You can do this by doing the following: Documents > DayZ > Your name.core > Your name.dayz_preset_user and they are both XML files.

If this doesn't work, I suggest you try and get another mic and see if the issue still persists. I've heard of this issue before with a couple of members of the community and it turned out to be a problem with their microphones. 

Posted (edited)

I have a steelseries arctis pro headset, so i would most certainly hope it is not my microphone, i will try the xml thing now, i would also like to do some testing to see if it is caused by alt-tabbing out or something else, but how would i go about troubleshooting if no ones around to hear me, it seems it would have to be an ooc encounter to help me troubleshoot, is there any way i could get some assistance with that? another question, if i wanted to run the dayz executable as an admin, how would i set that in my launcher?

Edited by All3n

Where are you in game?

And to answer your question about setting Dayz/Launcher as admin follow the following: Right mouse click the launcher (the executable) > Properties > Compatibility > *tick* Run this program as an administrator. > OK.

server 2, in kamenka next to where event was yesterday

Can you make it to near Berezino? And message me on discord Saunders#1337 so we can reply at a more acceptable speed. Also keep my updated on how these troubleshoots go.

This sounds like a possible problem with your audio jacks... Do you expierence this in other chatting apps like discord or ts?

Is your headset audio a jack or usb? Does it have a remote control to control the audio and microphone? Have you checked you audio sounds to see if your audio has been set to that headset?

my microphone is wireless with a audio controller seperate, ive never experienced this issue with any other programs or games, had to reconnect 4 times tonight because my buddy just stopped hearing me talking

13 hours ago, All3n said:

my microphone is wireless with a audio controller seperate, ive never experienced this issue with any other programs or games, had to reconnect 4 times tonight because my buddy just stopped hearing me talking

Is it just your friend that it doesn't work for or is it other players also ?

Posted (edited)

everyone i meet is always a chance they wont hear me unless i reconnect, it is a very weird issue. and i dont think a very common one

Edited by All3n

Also if someone could move this to troubleshooting i apologize i didnt put it in there originally

/Moved to troubleshooting at OP's request