Server time (UTC): 2019-10-18, 00:10
Sign in to follow this  
Derek Crow

The Spider's Web

Will be interested to see the concept fully flesh out a little bit more. Enjoying the code like subtext of the certain people you are talking about (rough idea but i won't try and guess and spoil it). Best of luck! 😄

Yuthee, I'm so excited that you're doing this! Of all the characters you've made, none have been so enigmatic and intriguing. I can't wait to discover more about what goes on in that head of his. Your writing is great and I can't wait for the next entry! ❤️

Posted (edited)

I'm definitely, definitely intrigued and your writing is just incredible. Keep it up! 🙂

I'm interested in knowing who you're talking about hahah. But that's because I'm nosey. 

Edited by Kattica

crowy.png.bb8ea2c4649a4b322e482fb52cfbc9a5.png

Funny how things turn out sometimes. But people tend to forget this day and age isn't a fairytale with heroes and villians. It's all blurred together. Good? Bad? Righteous? Evil? It's all about survival. I keep getting asked why I do the things I do. Do people expect some kind of logical explanation to my actions? Some kind of justification? So what? So they can try to see the 'good' in me or something? They already know the answer.

Too many people attempt to justify other's actions and mold it into a way they see fit. I do it too. But at least I see and understand that. 

I'm just here. In the gray. The blur between black and white. Where everything is just shades of gray. It's where I belong. It's where I've always belonged. Gray. As a grayman. 

A small doodle of a spider is dotted in the bottom right of the page.

Signed D. Crow.

I love this pls more

crowy.png.3095ef3ffb499aa2863e038676c0664e.png

*Blood is speckled about and adorns the outer edge of the page.*

What makes someone human? Friends? Family? A soul? A place they belong? 

I've got food, shelter, a means of defense. I can survive. But to what end.

People laugh and mock at my dream... To have a wife and kids in my own home with a smile on my face. They furl their eyebrows and wonder if someone like me cares about stuff like that. Yes. Yes I do. Is it so surreal that those things are what I dream for? But it's just that. A dream. So intangible it may never be mine... Maybe I should try. Find someone who accepts me. Who would want a monster like me. Someone as COLD as me with ICE running through my veins. No matter if it's SUMMER here. I'm still the same. Right?

Alyssa... The first person I've written about. My 'friend.' I get why you did what you did, but that doesn't make the knife any shallower does it. I still bleed like everyone else. The lines have been drawn and you know what has to happen now. Whatever happens, this isn't what I wanted. I don't think it's what either of us wanted. Sorry things turned out like this. I'll keep my promise. TWO MINUTES. II.

*A circle with an X through it is drawn with heavy lines on the bottom right of the page.*

Signed with great care,
D. Crow

"Pain is just one of many keys to free yourself. Sometimes our darkest times allow for our brightest futures. A future without a mask to hide behind, without expectations being the railings of the paths we take, without judgment looking forward into the unknown and greeting it with our new found self. The Unknown may carry the answers or goals that we seek, having thrown of the shackles of society and be who we truly are, only then we may look into the unknown, prepared. " - Alkis

*The writing is visibly more rough and hasty than the rest of the journal.*

Whether I live or die. This journal... I'm done with it. It'll be buried with either myself or Alyssa. Whoever doesn't make it. 

Everything here will be buried forever. So here it goes.

This will be my FINAL entry...

- Alyssa -

I'm sorry it has to come down to all of this. I never wanted this. I just wanted us to be strong together. Cohesive. Unbroken. A rung above the rest. If I and when I die, I'll be supporting you in death. And I do hope you'll bury me. I don't want the scavs to eat me. The rest can rot for all I care. 

No matter what I say. You'll be my first and only friend. Death ain't the end. I'll see you in hell and we'll enjoy a bottle of vodka. Maybe we'll go together. But most likely not. 

I'm scared. I don't want this to be the end. Why did it have to turn out like this. It hurts more than I thought it would. 

PS: Tell Mal I'm sorry too. She was just a means to an end. Hopefully I won't have to hurt her before all of this is over.

- Ace - 

Sometimes even the top dogs disagree. You know well this type of thing happens. And it usually ends violently. Follow whoever comes out on top. Whoever comes out alive will understand what needs to be done to ensure our survival. You remind me of Marcus. Fiercely loyal and headstrong. Don't let that get you into trouble. Keep your guns loaded and your knife close. I can already hear Marcus yelling at me telling me not to do this. I'm sure I'd get an earful from you if I see you here. Maybe it's best I stay away. Maybe it's best you don't see the aftermath. 

- Sunny - 

You were right not to come with me. Stay alive. Stick to what you know best. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Take care of the rest of the "family" when I'm gone alright? Either way this ends there's no coming back for me.

- Wynter - 

Do you believe in dreams? That maybe even bad men can have a happy ending? I hope th-

*The rest of the page is torn.*