Server time (UTC): 2019-07-19, 23:44
Sign in to follow this  
ShepBlue

Weight system

Im not sure how many people have already reported on this issue but ill state it anyway,

After the update the weight system seems to not work as it did before. Im carrying a ballistic vest and when wearing it, after a while sprinting stops working. If i take it off, I can sprint. But if i put it back on i can only sprint for the first minute or so of wearing it, then sprinting just stops working. 

Not sure if the devs have made it so players must choose wisely what they carry now, or its just glitched. 

Thanks

DayZ fucked with the Weight of everything, for example a plate carrier weighs 12 kg you slap 1kg pouches on it and it becomes 25kg you see my point? The admins have said they can’t fix the fuck up so I suppose we have to wait on DayZ to fix it or maybe this is just another ‘Feature’

Hello @ShepBlue,

If your initial weight is below a certain amount and you sprint to the point where you run out of energy completely this will happen so I suggest not running until your energy is completed depleted.. Our devs haven't touched the weight system it is official Dayz dev's and hopefully they can rebalance things a little better. 

If you have anymore questions feel free to drop me a message 🙂

1 minute ago, DarkestSkies241 said:

DayZ fucked with the Weight of everything, for example a plate carrier weighs 12 kg you slap 1kg pouches on it and it becomes 25kg you see my point? The admins have said they can’t fix the fuck up so I suppose we have to wait on DayZ to fix it or maybe this is just another ‘Feature’

I was wondering why my ballistic vest was weighing 17kg lol. But that sucks, guess we gotta wait for the devs to fix this mess out.

Thanks for the reply

1 minute ago, Saunders said:

Hello @ShepBlue,

If your initial weight is below a certain amount and you sprint to the point where you run out of energy completely this will happen so I suggest not running until your energy is completed depleted.. Our devs haven't touched the weight system it is official Dayz dev's and hopefully they can rebalance things a little better. 

If you have anymore questions feel free to drop me a message 🙂

Hey, 

my inital weight seems to be fine. Its only after a few minutes sprinting will just stop as a whole. Even if it says I have stamina in the bar, it wont let me sprint. Like you said, hopefully the DayZ devs can just rebalance things.

Thanks for the reply

1 minute ago, Misho said:

I've already commited a fix, it's just about @Roland doing the update if he wants it in.

Thanks for the info!