Server time (UTC): 2019-07-17, 17:35
Sign in to follow this  
sandbag

Best wishes DayZRP

I haven't been here long. I was very excited to become a member of the community and explore the concept of RP in DayZ as I felt it would bring the most out of a game with so much potential. In short I was let down. There is a number of people on here whom I've had great RP with and that made for some pretty great in game experiences but I have to say that, for the most part, this has just been too rare for a community whose aim is to center around RP itself. 

Another reason why I can't stay, the last straw if you will, is an apparent disconnect in community rules, their interpretation by members and staff, and a poor foundation for discussion and debate on matters when issues arise in report and appeal processes.

When a ban is issued purely on circumstantial evidence and appeal denials are levied on the basis of unwritten caveats to the posted rules, moderation appears fallacious at best and at worst- arbitrary. Insult to injury is added when it appears through the responses of the moderators as though your POV and appeals are never read fully in the first place for I feel that common sense, all logic, and reason was on my side. 

At the end of the day I just want to have fun and this has been becoming less and less fun everyday. Not being allowed to play is not much fun at all. I'll move on and hope that in the future amendments are made to rules to provide clearer context for certain situations, that more careful critical thinking skills filter out false reports, and that future iterations of the game provide better tools for administrators to recall more detailed game logs. 

GLHF

Sorry you feel that way. Hope to see you back soon

But didn't it used to be that taking warning shots were considered initiation?

I guess they still are, just not considered valid.

In certain situations I think they should be though personally and I see his point.

RP should come first but without rules like that, we would probably have chaos in our hands.

Well, I guess rules are rules, just sad that some of them might drive people away.

Didn't we ban goodbye threads? 

3 minutes ago, Shanoby said:

But didn't it used to be that taking warning shots were considered initiation?

No, never. It just means that the person shot at gains defender rights. Kills done by the attacker by using warning shots are still considered invalid, since there was no valid initiation.

Sorry OP, but we have these rules and detailed technicalities enforced because a lot of people tried to abuse them.You have to role play with people before you kill them. Unfortunately warning shots do not count as role playing with someone. If you can't work with the environment and rules we have set up, we wish you good luck elsewhere.