Server time (UTC): 2019-07-19, 04:39
Sign in to follow this  
Aeryes

Zombie Hordes

Would you like to see random horde spawns in DayZRP?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been thinking about making a script or two for zombie hordes that will randomly spawn at cities. What do you guys think about this idea? Would you like random horde spawns? Regardless of your opinion please discuss below.

Zombies are already pretty cancerous to deal with, I think adding hordes would only make things worse, especially when it comes to performance and glitchiness.

-1 from me

I would honestly love to see this but I worry about performance issues. If we could have them without having awful FPS then I'll be all for it. I did vote yes though, but just with that condition.

Posted (edited)

There wouldnt be any more performance issues with these hordes, they spawn rarely and will not spawn too many zombies at once. 

EDIT: I plan on having them come in waves with smaller numbers to mitigate the issue of low FPS.

Edited by Aeryes

Well if you can make it not eat performance thats great but remember how we spawned 10-15 of them on the test server with only the 4-5 of us and the whole place went bananas.

Edit: How would they spawn btw ? From a zone outside of the map or somewhere inside the map? Would be very bad if they just spawned in front of you randomly.

Hordes are cancer sometimes zombies even glitch through your body leave it as is for now.

14 minutes ago, Misho said:

Well if you can make it not eat performance thats great but remember how we spawned 10-15 of them on the test server with only the 4-5 of us and the whole place went bananas.

Edit: How would they spawn btw ? From a zone outside of the map or somewhere inside the map? Would be very bad if they just spawned in front of you randomly.

LOL That wasnt just zombies. That was a ridiculous amount of guns, farm plots, cars etc too.

25 minutes ago, Misho said:

Performance issues to ensue.

This. 

If they don't lag and glitch and shit I'd be okay with it, provided the spawn rate is extremely low (one or two at one time) then that's grand. I don't want to have to deal with a horde in every other city I go into

Gonna be mr blunt so other folks don't have to say it:

Even if performance was solved somehow, Zombie hordes would make PvP on the scale most folk enjoy impossible. 

+1 so i can bait it into someones base or into someone for free loot! 

I would love to add them. However, server FPS takes such a dive when adding new AI entities, that it's not possible while keeping our 80-100 slot server.

Just now, Roland said:

I would love to add them. However, server FPS takes such a dive when adding new AI entities, that it's not possible while keeping our 80-100 slot server.

This. There's a reason when I do my dynamic events I'm constantly deleting entities throughout. Server basically goes to crap any time you have anything close to resembling a horde.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Roland said:

How about we test it out with small amounts of zombies. I'm sure it will be fine if we actually implement it with caution and awareness of FPS

EDIT: I can easily remove the zombie entities the moment they die so the bodies wont pile up as fast.

Edited by Aeryes

9 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Gonna be mr blunt so other folks don't have to say it:

Even if performance was solved somehow, Zombie hordes would make PvP on the scale most folk enjoy impossible. 

Like that's a priority 😂 My sides

14 minutes ago, Whitename said:

This. 

If they don't lag and glitch and shit I'd be okay with it, provided the spawn rate is extremely low (one or two at one time) then that's grand. I don't want to have to deal with a horde in every other city I go into

Hordes wont be common events if added.

Just now, Roland said:

Never said it was your priority 😉 

Posted (edited)

I voted yes. First there was a multi wolf pack attack and then a short while later a zombie horde attack at Camp Eden. Everyone worked together to save the camp. It was great PVE fun.

Edited by MiaPVE

As a staff member who abused his tools regularly with zeds before they were removed, I love the idea of this.

But, zeds suck, and performance > than meanie humanoids. We will do horde events on the event server and cap the participants at 45 instead.

36 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Never said it was your priority 😉 

Please refer to rule 2.3

2.3 Be a good sport. Do not focus on the PvP aspect of the game and attack everything that moves just because you can or are good at it. Remember that not many players will enjoy being constantly attacked, therefore you should not dominate other groups or players into submission to a point where they can no longer accomplish their regular role play or enjoy the game.

1 minute ago, Zanaan said:

Please refer to rule 2.3

Thankfuly, Roland's already said something that sums up how most feel about that. 

40 minutes ago, Roland said:

1 hour ago, Aeryes said:

I have been thinking about making a script or two for zombie hordes that will randomly spawn at cities. What do you guys think about this idea? Would you like random horde spawns? Regardless of your opinion please discuss below.

why in cities, the hordes should spawn outside from towns, i really missing walkers in the field or the woods

The server performance would be shit, probably, as others have already pointed out. Otherwise, it might be fun.

42 minutes ago, Kerkkoh said:

The server performance would be shit, probably, as others have already pointed out. Otherwise, it might be fun.

It wont be shit if its controlled correctly. 

I already have an up and running script I am testing right now. We can control how many zombies spawn on certain time intervals during a horde attack.

Zombie Hordes sounds really epic but the performance would tank a lot, why can't we have nice things 😢