Server time (UTC): 2019-10-16, 10:54
Sign in to follow this  
N0vember7

ALDP and the future of the DayzRP mod?

Just wondering with the new licensed data package from Bohemia, are we likely to see any off those assets used in the server? It seems like to me it would open a few doors, and what does everyone else think about the possibility of more vehicles/weapons etc? What would you like to see in game?

Posted (edited)

Id like to see some SUV's and Humvee's in the server 🙂

As for weapons Id like to see some DayZRP classics like the M107, Winchester 1886, and the Glock 17. More weapons I'd like to see is the P90, ACR, and PPsh.

Edited by GunRunnee02

I am confused. What is this you speak of? 

I believe this will be a step in the right direction for modders and over the next weeks we will see some solid mods come out onto the workshop. Probably clothing and gun mods.

14 minutes ago, Zero said:

I am confused. What is this you speak of? 

It’s just a package of assets from Arma 1/2, basically just a base for modders to build off of, making it easier to port stuff from arma into dayzsa, probably won’t be getting any new vehicles until cars are fixed though.

26 minutes ago, GunRunnee02 said:

Id like to see some SUV's and Humvee's in the server 🙂

As for weapons Id like to see some DayZRP classics like the M107, Winchester 1886, and the Glock 17. More weapons I'd like to see is the P90, ACR, and PPsh.

Agreed, I’d like to see more shotguns and pistols for sure, I miss having a sawed-off in my backpack

As Aeryes said, it's first of all not even a big deal for modders, the only thing somewhat useable would be old outdated models that may or may not look the part in DayZ.

The games code and systems are very different so there's really nothing to learn there in terms of clothing or other things like it.

We are still limited to the animations we have and we are still limited to the new character skeleton we have, meaning that just as before we are not going to see new weapons without janky animations nor are we going to see an influx of clothing now magically working.

The only benefit is certain models from old games might work in DayZ, such as vehicles, buildings and the occasional weapon that uses the same animations as current DayZ guns do.

Ultimately it's locked behind a non-commercial clause which in fact makes it impossible to use on DayZRP servers due to the itemshop.

I dont think as of now we need more weapons, I feel we need more things that introduce different RP. For example: The farming mod that lets you feed chickens and actually farm properly, different types of drugs, ways of selling and transporting different products. Stuff like that. New weapons and cars are nice, but are not needed.