Server time (UTC): 2019-10-24, 05:46
Sign in to follow this  
Rockenbach

"You were kicked off the game. (Timeout)"

So it seems I've got a bit of an issue here. 

Whenever I try to join S1 (I can join S2 just fine for some reason), after waiting in the queue for a few minutes, the game loads in and I'm greeted with: "You were kicked off the game. (Timeout)".

I have all the mods installed and updated, I have them in the correct order, I have my character's name set up in the parameters along with the IP settings, my connection is fine and even after multiple tries, I still haven't been able to join due to the same issue.

Is there a fix for this? I've tried seeking help in Discord, but nothing fixed it so far.

Here's a picture of the pop-up: 

20190607164550_1.jpg.ead8364e2acaf16823c81fa9ff49af48.jpg

Hello @Rockenbach,

This message is shown when your ping hits over 500 ping (for even a second). Since S1 and S2 are in different locations and due to other technical reasons you ping most likely spiked up to over 500 causing this message. I know I have already suggested this but I have been informed that this is the actual reason by another staff member. I hope this helps you in your quest to figure out what this is 😉 

From my experience I can only play dayZ when I am the only one on the internet. Giving I dont have great internet it still works most of the time. Try and make sure any backround applications are closed and then try and play.

Thanks a lot for the help, people. ❤️

Though, in the server browser, S1 usually has way better connection than S2. Even so, I can join S2 just fine. I have pretty good internet, but I hope this eventually gets fixed somehow so I can join the populated server. 

Update on the issue.

I was able to join S1 by not using the parameters thing, just loading the game and joining the server. That let me join, but I still had the menu overlay issue.

So in my point of view, that probably rules out any possibility of it being a connection issue. Still, can't be too sure.

@Saunders

I've got another picture of me in game playing around, but I can't upload it due to the max size limit. 

2019.06.09-12.00.png

The only fix for the Menu Bug is here:

But.. That message is what you get when your pings spikes over 500ms, could even be for a split second and it will time you out