Server time (UTC): 2019-10-17, 21:54
Sign in to follow this  
Shikaka

How Did This Happen?

Posted (edited)

How has the whitelist process come to this? How is it we're letting these kinds of people into the server?

I've noticed lately an overabundance of people that have freshly joined the server, and CLEARLY not understood the rules. Is the application and whitelist a simple Yes or no question now? I know I'm not the only person that has to be thinking this. 

Just look at the amount of reports of people that have joined and not known how SIMPLE rules works. Rules they should know from joining the community.

All one person.

The OP of this one clearly doesn't understand how initiating works.

Bad RP

Invalid initiation and KOS

OP initiates, gets killed then calls invalid KOS.

The list goes on and on and on. It's so frustrating to see this amount of people join the server and not have a clue how the rules work. Something NEEDS to be done about the whitelist application to weed these kinds of people out.

Edited by Shikaka

+1 This All The Freakin Way

Posted (edited)

Hello @Shikaka,

Unfortunately these things can happen as the GM's and Admins go through over 300 applications each week and they can't vet people to extreme lengths. Luckily me and Realize noticed todays incidents 1 hour into them taking place and got a GM to swiftly remove said person from being able to join the servers. I get that you are frustrated but I hope you can see that on rare occasions things like that can occur due to how many people apply every single week.

Note: I am referring to the 3 KOS's that took place today. None of the others.

Edited by Saunders

31 minutes ago, Saunders said:

GM's and Admins go through over 300 applications each week and they can't vet people to extreme lengths.

I know that you don't control this, you're not purple or red, but the GMs and Admins shouldn't have to vet people to extreme lengths.  The whitelist process should do that for them.  Increase the difficulty of it and the people will vet themselves.  They'll either give up because it's too hard, make it painfully obvious they don't understand the rules, or become a functioning member of the community.  Sure, the whitelists GMs+ have to read through will be longer, but in turn, the report section will be shorter.

Whitelist difficulty needs to be increased or reports like those shown in the OP will keep happening.

Agreed. Whitelist used to be OP hard back when. It’s so easy now 

Comparing my whitelist from 2016 and the one i took now in 2019 the difference is enormous. We should return to a hard whitelist, we already have a 30 man queue to S1? what's the point of adding more people to that 

Posted (edited)

Agreed the whitelist application should vet these people for the admins. The admins shouldn't have to vet people at all.

Edited by Shikaka

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, NozzyRP said:

Comparing my whitelist from 2016 and the one i took now in 2019 the difference is enormous. We should return to a hard whitelist, we already have a 30 man queue to S1? what's the point of adding more people to that 

paid pay day GIF

easy whitelist = easy lunchmoney.

and I agree with OP, whitelist has gotten easier compared to 2/3 years ago

Edited by Dr Willsky
Nozzy made me do it

3 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

Disregard. I misread the post and posted something inaccurate, my apologies.

You're good amigo.

Posted (edited)

Honestly, the 2016 Whitelist worked fine it hard was but not too hard, If you read the rules before applying back then once or twice you would get the gist of it then read them about 2 more times for the passphrase. You would understand them enough to not be reported in 2 days or a day of being whitelisted and the rules were a lot more complicated back then so people really shouldn't be having issues nowadays.

Edited by S.Bradley

Happens when mass whitelists are done at the same time.

Remember when there were word minimums so you actually had to put effort into the whitelist? At least on your character story. Maybe a 100 word requirement for KOS/Meta/NLR/etc. just to show they actually GET the whitelist.

As well, please for the love of god make a citation in regards to 'this is a mature roleplay community, words used ingame are not to be taken as an attack to you personally, it is meant to be in-character.' The amount of people ingame boo-hooing about my colorful use of language in regards to foreigners because they 'feel twitchy' or go ooc and go "//hey man not cool im streaming". Not my problem.

And perhaps, if you are a new whitelist and get reported and are found guilty, revoke whitelist and make them rewhitelist, they clearly didn't get it.

58 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Agreed. Whitelist used to be OP hard back when. It’s so easy now 

I Remember  @Phoenix was rly scared she would fail her 3rd whitelist attempt in 2015 because she was struggling to find the right words to summarize the rules in her own words basically. It was so hard back then. It should be like that again.

Current whitelist is a joke. 

But hey, it's better to improve RP by forcing people to hotmic while on the radio than making new members study the rules harder, am I right?

I think Whitelist doesn't have to be extremely hard or annoying to go through, as you could lose otherwise fitting people. But apparently it could also be slightly harder (at least) than it is now?

Posted (edited)

Wannabe Gamemaster Zero here. Calling in @Roland for his POV. 

Edited by Zero

We need a purge. 

Came across 3 separate players who have been here apparently for days (from IC knowledge) and they couldn't even remember they were on a roleplay server, talking about their keyboards and buttons. It's laughable that its become so normal.

It's almost as if hardcore roleplay isn't what the server is promoting anymore.

4 minutes ago, -Chow- said:

Came across 3 separate players who have been here apparently for days (from IC knowledge) and they couldn't even remember they were on a roleplay server, talking about their keyboards and buttons. It's laughable that its become so normal.

It's almost as if hardcore roleplay isn't what the server is promoting anymore.

Altis life ftw. 

White list requires little to no effort, meaning that any old person can just waltz right in, cause havoc or not bother to contribute and if they get banned, no big deal.

1000 x please enhance the white list and make it more difficult, rule questions, lore questions and emphasize on the importance of using // and * as well as talking about minimizing the need to go OOC, especially in VOIP.

Especially with more popular people (Won't name names) coming into the community, that's going to attract more of an audience, thus an easier white list means more trolls etc.

Lmao, this thread.

So you got your base raided and they took your loot and since you don't know how they got in you create a report because IT MUST BE A RULE BREAK! Okay? You know that taking your items is not automatically griefing, right?

Then you create this rant thread because since you were a victim of a base raid THE ENTIRE SERVER IS FULL OF RULE BREAKERS AND WHITELIST IS BROKEN AND RULES ARE BROKEN! Right...

You know what, I'm pretty sure I too can link to a few reports pointing at a single person who broke basic rule breaks from any year you request and create a thread like this.

A bit of an overreaction there. Whitelist is fine. People unable to understand the rules have always slipped through whitelist, this is nothing new. Most of the time it is a friend or family member who completes the whitelist for them so they can play. There is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Also, the number of reports per active player has never been as low as it is now. Last time we had 900 active players we had 2 full pages of reports.

Keep calm and role play.