Server time (UTC): 2019-07-21, 13:50
Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Radios in item shop

Spawning radios   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So with the new meta game change I thought about something. 
I am aware that you spawn in with radios, but since it is going to play a much bigger role now I think we should be able to spawn them in (For free) from the item shop, it should also have a short CD. 
Like, lets say you are teaming up with a bunch of people in game and some of them (for whatever reason) does not have his/hers radio it would just be a hassle to have to go out and find one again just so you can pass information and so on. 

What do you think?

I absolutely agree with this suggestion. Even if the cooldown is kept at 6 hours, I'd want it.

If having the radio physically as an item on your person remains a requirement, then yes.

1 minute ago, Rover said:

If having the radio physically as an item on your person remains a requirement, then yes.

it is already

6 minutes ago, Apollo said:

it is already

Not until Roland made the recent trial it wasn't. You could RP having a Radio.

If the requirement remains after the trial, then I think this should be in the shop.

I'm 100% for this, even if it has the usual C/D i'm fine with it.

Posted (edited)

Problem I see is that people spawn radios as soon as they're released. That could be problematic. Unless there's a rule implemented like combat logging that says you must wait like 10-15 minutes after release or something like that. 

And I think radio spawns should be a much, much longer timer. I'm kinda hardcore and would prefer it being like 12 hours tbh. 

Edited by Kattica

Just don't be £9 and we good

People will just spawn them during hostage situations or right after them. We should see how frequent they spawn first.

4 minutes ago, Finn said:

People will just spawn them during hostage situations or right after them. We should see how frequent they spawn first.

I've only found them in military like NWAF mainly the new double story arma style barracks on the SW side.

They're harder to find in civilian areas but possible. Last night when it dropped I was able to find 5 just in those barracks though.

Once people start looking, I'm sure it'll be tougher, but we can always continue to gear whore and waste time looting instead of RPing. /s

2 minutes ago, Mugin said:

I've only found them in military like NWAF mainly the new double story arma style barracks on the SW side.

They're harder to find in civilian areas but possible. Last night when it dropped I was able to find 5 just in those barracks though.

Once people start looking, I'm sure it'll be tougher, but we can always continue to gear whore and waste time looting instead of RPing. /s

If you read what Roland announced he will triple the spawn rate, and make it more common in civilian areas.

10 hours ago, Roland said:

Spawn rate of radios on the server has been tripled. Radios will now also spawn in regular town buildings and not just police, military, medic and firefighter buildings.

The current spawnrate should be sufficient IMO. It's one of the most common items in the loot table now.

2 minutes ago, Finn said:

If you read what Roland announced he will triple the spawn rate, and make it more common in civilian areas.

Just now, Roland said:

The current spawnrate should be sufficient IMO. It's one of the most common items in the loot table now.

I just don't like having another reason to get 5.56 RP at the airfield when I shouldn't need to. Quality of Life > GearRP.

If the spawns are increased in civi areas as well, I'll defer and quit my griping on the matter.

never see radios spawn so it dosent feel like one of the most commen items

If you’re going to add it it should be free. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zero said:

If you’re going to add it it should be free. 

^

I can be ok with the radio item being a requirement to communicating ICly over 3rd party comms if we can spawn them in

THAT BEING SAID, I can see the problem here. The potential exists to spawn a radio in during / immediately after a hostile situation and then the reason the new rule exists is null and void. You just get a radio back immediately afterwards. 

Edited by Whitename

Posted (edited)

I think the idea of using an external system to spawn in items pulls people from the game and situation at hand. You want a solution to the radio issue, we ask the devs kindly to raise the spawn rates. Going forward we could also see a number of radio types that spawn in different locations, walki-talkis (shortwave) in residential, Long wave radio / satellite radios in military or out in the sticks used once by hunters etc.

If we keep adding items to the shop it becomes a slippery slope that gets worse, starts with adding radios ends where?. Look where it started, starts with clothing now people want radios there... That's the perfect example of what could easily be an issue going forward.

Edited by ChrisTronn

@Roland

Increasing the spawn rates while also shoving radios out into civilian and military has actually caused them to become sparser, and not more common 😅

Perhaps putting them back to military and police is a good thing with upped spawn rates, police locations are spread out relatively evenly and it would bring some good balance instead of having to search every single damn building in a town to find one.

Posted (edited)

-1 to this suggestion.

If you had just gotten robbed, and lost your radio. You can spawn in a new radio, and call your buddies over, shortly after, which destroys the whole premise of the new rule 3.6.

Edited by CamoRP

If you spawn with one. There's no excuse to throw it away, If you want it back then you better find a new one. As spawning one in can very quickly be abused. 

43 minutes ago, Timeremortem said:

If you spawn with one. There's no excuse to throw it away, If you want it back then you better find a new one. As spawning one in can very quickly be abused. 

I mean...people can steal it from you?  

I currently don't have a radio because I was held up.  Haven't found one yet.

Wouldn't mind a store spawn, but I think a large 24 hour cooldown would be useful for that.

10 hours ago, Brad said:

I mean...people can steal it from you?  

I currently don't have a radio because I was held up.  Haven't found one yet.

Wouldn't mind a store spawn, but I think a large 24 hour cooldown would be useful for that.

I guess. But since people seem so compelled to the whole looting and surviving, aint that just the purpose that if you lose it or it get stolen you must find a new one but you get one on spawn? If not then why not just let people spawn in with whatever they want and just play a role they want to have. It's roleplay afterall. 

I find radios all over the place 🤷‍♀️I don't think we need to spawn them in. Enjoy the roleplay of being entirely alone until you find one 😏

Radio spawn rates were increased, and I've been seeing them fairly often.

Doesn't need to be in the shop.

1 hour ago, GenjiRP said:

I find radios all over the place 🤷‍♀️I don't think we need to spawn them in. Enjoy the roleplay of being entirely alone until you find one 😏

^ Yeah, I have to agree. When Neil got his own radio looted from a group near a week ago, it certainly made priorities when out scavenging different, and made it interesting when he had to borrow one off somebody he knew for things. Just my bad luck is it took a few days before I finally stumbled across one that'd spawned. Certainly made me all the more nervous when I bumped into people!