Server time (UTC): 2019-10-18, 04:59
Sign in to follow this  
andysuter

Well done dayzRP community

From the title of this post I was sure it was gonna be another sarcastic rant thread.

I'm happy I was wrong.

Welcome to the community OP, I hope you have more joyful experiences and that you remain here for a long time. ❤️ 

@andysuter

What you describe, how isolated your playstyle was before ... it heavily reminded me of my own "change" or stepping into another world in DayZ. Back in Mod says I used to play solo or with a friend on average. Only at 2-3 occasions we were in a bigger group of about 4-6 people and that was a highlight. Then eventually, DayZ Standalone came around. Same thing before I then joined a group. Man, from there on when I saw like 4-6 people come at me from the hills (on my side) it was so weird, but from then on it turned into a new game of sorts.

So I can kinda relate how you must feel. Glad you enjoy it so far. Welcome to the community and don't let subjectively bad experiences you might (eventually?) encounter ruin it, there is ups and downs but I don't even want to play non-RP anymore since I joined this community for some odd reason, even though I sometimes miss the good old KOS (coupled with an RP setting) 😄

Welcome to the community! Glad you have had a great first experience here.
 Sit back, enjoy the ride and see where your characters storylines take you 😉 

This is absolutely not the direction I saw this thread going... phew.

Definitely will take some getting used to, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it, welcome to the community!

Not gonna lie, my butt clenched when I saw the title.

I'm glad that your expectations were met and hopefully higher!

Glad to see you've had some positive interactions! I hope it continues, and remember those moments when things get frustrating. 

Welcome to the community, it's refreshing to see this view from new members.

Posted (edited)

So I spent most of yesterday on the server and ive now met more players in less than 1 week on this server than I have in the 2 months ive been playing Dayz. More importantly, everyone is sooooo good at roleplaying. It kinda throws me a bit and im struggling to match the level of professionalism the guys ive met have shown. I think part of it is just finding my feet with my first character and who they are, how they’d react etc and as I play a civilian (not military) its hard not bringing OOC knowledge into it but im trying my best. Apologies to anyone I met where my RP was a bit weak, I’ll get there.

Notable guys I met (I didn’t get there OOC names) were the pink hatted mechanics in Severograd. So funny, especially the more vocal one (I wont say names so as not to spoil other RP). And some others guys I came across at the mechanics base who were suffering the loss of a colleague by some fake medics who lured them into a trap at the airfield. So well RP'd out. Well done guys... I don't know who you are.

Im still tending to hide in the shadows a lot (from time spent of public servers). The other thing I wasn’t expecting is that the server brings in more of the ingame tools and clothing into things. You don’t HAVE to go get fully equipped with the best guns and gear. Im having fun just playing a civilian in civilian clothes, although 90% of the people ive met look more like special forces than random people stuck on a zombie infested area of the world

Edited by andysuter

Glad that you're having fun on the server, always fun to see people discover the fun and good nature of DayZRP haha 😄

good to hear you are enjoying it rp can be a real thrilling adventure