Server time (UTC): 2019-07-24, 09:39
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Metagaming rule trial

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

They can type out whatever information was shared.

Is the short version of the information being shared in for example discord fine? As long as the core information was icly communicated ig?

Not trying to be nitpicking. Just want to be sure about it. 

Discord: shit I think I will get initiated on in Kabanino, 3 people with ak's. 

Ig: *speaks into radio* there is trouble over here. 3 people. 

Would that be fine? 

13 minutes ago, Ron said:

Is the short version of the information being shared in for example discord fine? As long as the core information was icly communicated ig?

Not trying to be nitpicking. Just want to be sure about it. 

Discord: shit I think I will get initiated on in Kabanino, 3 people with ak's. 

Ig: *speaks into radio* there is trouble over here. 3 people. 

Would that be fine? 

Absolutely

30 minutes ago, Roland said:

No, the rules take priority over any of these circumventing actions or setups.

So chest holders, duct taping ptt button on the radio, setting radio in constant broadcast mode, using hidden wireless ptt button, and probably many many more clever ways to do it are not allowed. As soon as your hand(s) are up or radio no longer on your character, it's over. 

Solid copy, you handsome devil.

Thanks for getting that cleared up.

Loving the updated rule!

@Roland does the radio have to have a battery or just need to simply have a radio on me? 

3 minutes ago, YNW Pep said:

@Roland does the radio have to have a battery or just need to simply have a radio on me? 

dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

39 minutes ago, Roland said:

They can type out whatever information was shared.

Well, not that I am a big streamer, but what about OOC communications that are literally unrelated to the game, there are moments where my interaction with friends and chat are what keeps my stream somewhat populated with viewers.

I can see that the rule means for the radio item to be a permission to use OOC applications, but does this also apply to the broader scheme of actual non-related game conversations that have nothing to do with the dayzrp server whatsoever?

I'll give a non-twitch related example:

My girlfriend will soon be going on a 4-month internship in Sweden, I'll likely be in Teamspeak 24/7 with her, would we really be supposed to mute if we no longer have an IC radio object for something that has nothing to do with the game?

Just now, RedSky said:

Well, not that I am a big streamer, but what about OOC communications that are literally unrelated to the game, there are moments where my interaction with friends and chat are what keeps my stream somewhat populated with viewers.

I can see that the rule means for the radio item to be a permission to use OOC applications, but does this also apply to the broader scheme of actual non-related game conversations that have nothing to do with the dayzrp server whatsoever?

I'll give a non-twitch related example:

My girlfriend will soon be going on a 4-month internship in Sweden, I'll likely be in Teamspeak 24/7 with her, would we really be supposed to mute if we no longer have an IC radio object for something that has nothing to do with the game?

Using OOC communications like Discord, TeamSpeak or others to transmit or receive information related to in game situations is only allowed when you have a personal radio item in your inventory.

Just now, Roland said:

Oh, alright perfect sorry I somehow managed to brush over that, thank you for clarifying

Nice, I always liked this feature when you had to  double mic, good shit 😉 .

Time to start using codewords to signal that we are  going to initiate again

excited hand rub GIF

1 hour ago, Roland said:

If you read the post that has already been done 😄 

Mea culpa

1 hour ago, APTerminator said:

Any way to confirm that people will actually follow this rule, regarding OOC/VOIP double miccing? It's incredibly easy to cheese.

This dude brings up a very valid point? Any responses?

17 minutes ago, Wardaddy said:

This dude brings up a very valid point? Any responses?

No how could they? unless people provided the video evidence just like the old rule, Can't wait for video vanished sorry amigo.

Right on

I still don’t feel like this will ‘increase the quality of rp’ but be another rule people accidentally break in the heat of the moment and get banned for.

i think raising the bar for what is demanded of Individual player RP / making the whitelist harder would be a better option but seeing that it’s only a trial I can’t complain and look forward to seeing this little experiment.

47-53% which is basically 50/50 of the community were for and against this poll.. it’s a shame it went through how it stands. In the future it’d be nice if a poll needed a clear 10-15% lead upon completion before a trial phase takes place so that it is in the players hands.

With how fucked weight already is, please edit the radios so they’re like feathers otherwise it just screws a lot of us over even more.

tyty

Posted (edited)

Now I can walk to my enemies corpse and report them for meta because I found no radio on their corpse haha.

Edited by Eagle

3 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Now I can walk to my enemies corpse and report them for meta because I found no radio on their corpse haha.

That just sounds like a way to get hit with false report XD

Can't we just walk away and say "*Whispers into the radio*"? Its pretty unrealistic to just say out loud "Oh yeah, let's take this guy" when someone in their right mind could easily whisper into a radio.

I think if you're behind walls or beyond 10 meters you shouldn't have to double mic.

1 minute ago, Finn said:

Can't we just walk away and say "*Whispers into the radio*"? Its pretty unrealistic to just say out loud "Oh yeah, let's take this guy" when someone in their right mind could easily whisper into a radio.

I think if you're behind walls or beyond 10 meters you shouldn't have to double mic.

My point exactly, this rule is completely flawed as everyone and their mother can hear your voip, regardless if you are whispering or yelling.

This shouldn't be re-added until we have an effective way to do these kinds of things, like TFAR for DayZ

Love it, will bring more immersion and realism... Dope rule!!!! 

New metagaming rule, also known as "I don't have any video evidence".

Although I am against such rule, I don't mind a trial period. We can see if people like it and if they don't bye bye.

As much as I agree that the rule will be hard to enforce, the fact that so many people openly admit they know others will not present evidence because they will be recording themselves or their friends breaking the rules...

Maybe don't be so complacent about it? Encourage people to keep communications IG?

The culture of acceptance towards people skirting the rules, either because of convenience or because of not liking the rule, should be the focus on what needs to be curbed.

11 minutes ago, Finn said:

Can't we just walk away and say "*Whispers into the radio*"? 

Would make sense imho. Also, with emoting something on these lines, you give the others a chance to participate/react to what you are doing, you are not taking away the RP from them (as you would by just talking in discord without bringing it ingame). I think the new rule would be great if things like this were still possible when emoted properly.

Also, I have used the *tapes down the PTT* in the past, but when attackers searched through my stuff I'd let them know as well: *you'd find a radio, ON, with the PTT taped down* ... This has led to great RP situations before 😕 so it would be against the rules now, right?

22 minutes ago, Hunter said:

That just sounds like a way to get hit with false report XD

Not with the new rule bud If you don't have a radio you cannot communicate with your teammates so If I don't hear you screaming those callouts IG etc you can get banned.