Server time (UTC): 2019-06-17, 22:03
Roland

Metagaming rule trial

Fair enough

Any way to confirm that people will actually follow this rule, regarding OOC/VOIP double miccing? It's incredibly easy to cheese.

Reminds me exactly of the rules of the GTA RP Server I used to play on. Worked very well there and I am happy to see it here 🙂

Didn't think of a trial period, I'll give it a whirl.

Will you increase radio item spawns IG at any point? I have looted a lot and rarely if not at all find radios IG in the wild. 

Could we get the option to spawn in a radio (similar to a piece of clothing) through the shop? 
Put it on a long cooldown or something , it's just to be sure you can get one after you get robbed. 

Another fix would be to  increase the amount of spawns of radio IG. 

I am a fan

Look forward to seeing how this goes, very quickly implemented I gotta say but fair play.

I'm so down with this. I'm so fucking tired of people just standing around talking in OOC comms and not in game as well. Like, realistically if you want to talk about holding somebody up on the radio, RIGHT NEXT TO THEM, they are gonna fucking hear it. IF you are calling out positions to your teammates while right next to them, they are gonna hear it. I feel this entirely will improve upon RP by removing the silence of people talking in OOC comms and focusing on that, as well as just making set ups for hostile situations more difficult and tense for everybody involved. I've been double micing recently in RP to avoid giving people that awkward silence and give them an insight that my character is in radio comms with others all the time.

Big fucking +1 to this shit. Fuck it if half the community doesn't want it. I think it's a necessary improvement that people will get used to eventually and I'm sure in the long run will benefit everybody.

11 minutes ago, Dr Willsky said:

Another fix would be to  increase the amount of spawns of radio IG.   

If you read the post that has already been done 😄 

+1 nice to see an old mod rule being implemented. Should bring back a lot of RP and stop the silence you sometimes run into on the server due to OOC communication

So, having a radio lets me relay IC information to friends, but without a radio i can still talk bullshit with them, as long as its not related to IC-things in any way? 🙂

I like this @Roland, but if the talkie is visible on your chest rig, arguably it is always on without having to use the PTT. Meaning you can do so without using your hands (hands being up [surrendered]).

SO there is no confusion, can we continue using the radio IF it is visible on our chest rig, without the use of our hands?

I like this. 👌

4 minutes ago, OnionRP said:

I like this @Roland, but if the talkie is visible on your chest rig, arguably it is always on without having to use the PTT. Meaning you can do so without using your hands (hands being up [surrendered]).

SO there is no confusion, can we continue using the radio IF it is visible on our chest rig, without the use of our hands?

No, as long as you have the radio item in your inventory, the communication is allowed <-- 

I take it as long as you dont have your hands up in the air/restrained etc,, it should be fine with it just in your inventory..wherever that might be, chestrig , pants or whatever.

2 minutes ago, OnionRP said:

No, the rules take priority over any of these circumventing actions or setups.

So chest holders, duct taping ptt button on the radio, setting radio in constant broadcast mode, using hidden wireless ptt button, and probably many many more clever ways to do it are not allowed. As soon as your hand(s) are up or radio no longer on your character, it's over. 

Posted (edited)

@RolandCan you clarify the "double mic" mechanic for text rpers?

Edited by Ron

1 minute ago, Ron said:

@RolandCan you clarify the "double mic" mechanic for text rpers?

They can type out whatever information was shared.