Server time (UTC): 2019-06-27, 01:36
Sign in to follow this  
RileyChan

S2: BadRP/GearRP/Invalid Execution (NEAF) - 6/6/2019 20:30

Posted (edited)

Server and location: Server 2, North East Airfield 

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): About 20:30 server time, 6/6/2019

Your in game name: Anya Ross

Names of allies involved: None

Name of suspect/s: Logs will show, one tied me up, the other shot me in the head.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3x_H0tQvuM&feature=youtu.be

Detailed description of the events: I logged back into server 2 after taking a short break, and after a bit of looting started to make my way down to NEAF. I came across 2 players, who never gave me their names during this encounter. They only said something along the lines of, "You know the guys in Stary? The ones with the orange armbands." I'm making this report because I believe the RP provided was poor on their part, I was executed after being given ambiguous demands, and the suspects seemed more interested in the gear they wanted to take off me than providing a good hostile RP encounter. I'll go into a bit more detail for each of these accusations.

( Video evidence relevant to the report starts at 7:00 in the provided video. Before that i'm just walking and looting in silence. )

BadRP- This whole situation only lasted about 5 minutes starting from the initiation, to the execution. One suspect was mostly mute during this situation, the one who shot me spoke only two times. The first thing he said was "Get on the fucking ground." and the second and last time he spoke was in response to me telling him to stop stepping on me, he said "Stop being cocky then." The other suspect, the one who did the verbal initiation and tied me up did talk to me some. However it kinda just felt like he was going down a checklist of, asking if I need food/water, something referring to my gear, do I have friends around, and telling me it's not personal, desperate times/desperate measures. I was trying to have some good RP from this situation but when I tried speaking to them I was often ignored and only got some long awkward silences.

GearRP- Only 38 seconds after we start talking I am initiated on, before I was even able to introduce myself and tell them my name. I have never met these two characters, they have no reason aside from wanting gear to be hostile with me at this point. I don't believe they wanted any meaningful hostile RP based on what I explained under "BadRP" above. This is further cemented, as they seemed to keep repeating just, desperate times, desperate measures, it's not personal, and so on. 

Invalid Execution- I don't believe they suspects were in any way justified in shooting me here. I was shot after telling one of the suspects to stop stepping on my face for the second time. He replied to (neither of them having their guns drawn) stop being cocky then. Not feeling like I was in danger of being shot, if anything just stepped on some more, I told the suspect "Go fuck yourself dude, you took my shit now go." He was in no way clear in communicating that I would be killed if I kept giving them attitude. One example of a clear demand would be when both suspects had their guns drawn, and ordered me to get on the ground. I asked them to repeat the demand, which they did, I then immediately obeyed the demand. 

Edited by RileyChan
typo fixed

Kill Logs:

20:44:40 | Player "Anya Ross" (DEAD) killed by Player "Chris Andersen" with M16A4 from 1.5691 meters

Hit  Logs:

20:44:40 | Player "Anya Ross" hit by Player "Chris Andersen" with M16A4 from 1.5691 meters 
20:44:40 | Player "Anya Ross" hit by Player "Chris Andersen" with M16A4 from 1.5691 meters 

Position Logs:

20:32:26 | Player "Anya Ross" (pos=<10879.2, 13375.2, 220.4>) 
20:37:26 | Player "Anya Ross" (pos=<11437.4, 13035.3, 188.6>) 
20:42:26 | Player "Anya Ross" (pos=<11768.1, 12598.9, 140.0>) 

20:32:26 | Player "Chris Andersen" (pos=<11462, 11243.8, 321.6>) 
20:37:26 | Player "Chris Andersen" (pos=<11878, 12417.9, 140.1>) 
20:42:26 | Player "Chris Andersen" (pos=<11768.9, 12598.2, 140.0>) 
20:47:26 | Player "Chris Andersen" (pos=<11515.8, 12928.5, 170.2>) 
20:52:27 | Player "Chris Andersen" (pos=<11002.4, 13381.1, 222.5>) 

20:32:26 | Player "Shaun Hossak" (pos=<11457.8, 11248.5, 322.6>) 
20:37:26 | Player "Shaun Hossak" (pos=<11857.7, 12426.2, 140.1>) 
20:42:26 | Player "Shaun Hossak" (pos=<11767.2, 12599.8, 140.0>) 
20:47:26 | Player "Shaun Hossak" (pos=<11506.4, 12937.1, 171.9>) 
20:52:27 | Player "Shaun Hossak" (pos=<10971, 13388.1, 220.1>) 
20:57:27 | Player "Shaun Hossak" (pos=<10241.8, 13332, 166.8>)

Connection Logs:

20:31:54 | Player "Anya Ross" is connected
20:45:43 | Player "Anya Ross" has been disconnected

21:38:40 | Player "Chris Andersen" is connected
22:00:04 | Player "Chris Andersen" is connected

21:38:40 | Player "Shaun Hossak" is connected
22:00:04 | Player "Shaun Hossak" is connected

Calling In:

@RileyChan - Anya Ross | POSTED
@Cranky - Chris Andersen | POSTED
@Shaun123 - Shaun Hossak | POSTED

For your full and detailed PoV, and any video evidence you may have. 

Posted (edited)

Got permission from Xehara to post.

I'd like to point out that at 11:40 the accused claimed to be "the orange armbands guys who live in stary" (clearly referring to The Time) despite not having any sort of affiliation with us. A clear attempt at slandering our name both IC'ly by robbing a random woman, and OOC'ly (maybe not intentionally) by providing sub-par RP claiming to be us. That's impersonation if I've ever seen it.

Also, at 9:27 you hear one of the accused hotmic, and you can hear him say "The Time" in his comms, clearly indicating he knew exactly what he was doing, and was discussing it with his partner.

Edited by Mak

My perspective:

The aspect to which I had RP'd on was on the basis of obtaining desperate need of both food and water from this character. My initial goal, as shown in the video was to empty her weapons with all intention in allowing her safe passage afterwards, but also storing both ammo/weapons back inside their inventory without them being loaded as to not cause any retaliation from me running away with both their food and water. I do notice a lot of cutting out in my voice also during the video, sentences half finished and so on. Unfortunately I cannot justify that as to perhaps lag on my end. Though, I had -zero- intentions of killing said person, and would not have thought to execute you.

However,  in my defense, as I said- I had no intention of murder and displayed only communication to the situation. I feel my RP was reasonable for someone who was desperate for both food and water, especially after recent issues regarding trusting people for previous RP reasons.

I cannot say much in the POV for my associate, though I do feel he should have communicated a bit more- The execution I believe was eccentric, but I do believe you were also being very cocky in your own right regarding your situation, complying but also being very risky to the people who are your captures. 

That is all I have to say from my POV, the video evidence is sufficient proof enough that I engaged in RP, reasonably.

Got permission from Xehara to post.

I'd like to point out that at 11:40 the accused claimed to be "the orange armbands guys who live in stary" (clearly referring to The Time) despite not having any sort of affiliation with us. A clear attempt at slandering our name both IC'ly by robbing a random woman, and OOC'ly (maybe not intentionally) by providing sub-par RP under claiming to be us. That's impersonation if I've ever seen it.

Also, at 9:27 you hear one of the accused hotmic, and you can hear him say "The Time" in his comms, clearly indicating he knew exactly what he was doing, and was discussing it with his partner.

I did indeed do this out of hostile intention, and wont sugar coat the act- Unfortunately miss-understood the rule itself, though have talked to one of the members about this in VC. No issue in owning up my mistake for this.

As Shaun stated. We did not intend to kill her, only to empty her mags and chambered weapons to make sure should could not follow us after we had robbed her. However, as to resent RP on the server as Shaun also stated we have come to a point in our RP that we trust no one, as we were going to leave and take her shoes so she would not be able to follow us without getting minor injuries she began to become more cocky towards us. As to me being able to speak more, I see that is irrelevant, as to background story of  mine and Shaun’s and my own character, Shaun’s have more experience, was the kill eccentric, of course it was, but with the resent RP we have had, and with the cocky attitude. Call it what you want. However, if you act like that in any situation, with saying to those who hold you up. “Go fuck yourselves:” you are not going to come out of it well. I have seen people die for less.

Summary:

@Shaun123 and @Cranky hold up @RileyChan, robbing her, before executing her as they go to leave.

First off, there was clear badRP prevalent throughout this situation from both of you. When she was restrained, you both continued to loot through her equipment, taking whatever you pleased, while providing minimal RP at best, and no RP at all at times, ignoring her completely as you were both too focused on looting. This will not be tolerated. This is a serious RP server, not some public no KOS server, and we expect our members to roleplay to a standard much higher than what was seen in this video. @Cranky will not be punished however for invalid execution, since @RileyChan backtalked them, telling them to go fuck themselves. We see this as reason enough to not give points, however the execution was incredibly hasty, and could have been roleplayed out further than a simple execution. @Shaun123 will however be punished for the impersonation of another group. This is strictly not allowed, and so you will receive an aggravated punishment to match your rulebreaks.

In future, when you are going to rob somebody, your primary focus should ALWAYS be on the RP, and delivering an experience that is enjoyable for both sides of the situation, not just picking and choosing what gear to take before leaving. Furthermore, do not try to impersonate other groups. Groups work incredibly hard to build certain reputations both IC and OOC, and it is situations like these that turns people against groups, and makes people form false opinions on their RP and behaviour.

The rules that support this verdict can be found below:

Spoiler

3.9 Do not impersonate another individual or group in a way that would bring harm to them, their group or their reputation.

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.

Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times.

As a victim you may NOT:

Pretend to be fearless, emotionless, not feel pain, or otherwise be unaffected by the situation where your life is at risk in a hostile situation.

Be passive during the hostile role play and refuse to actively participate in it. Just sitting there and not contributing to role play can make the situation very boring for the attackers.

With that, the following applies:

Verdict:

@Cranky - BadRP - 5 DAY BAN AND 10 WARNING POINTS

@Shaun123 - BadRP/Impersonation - 7 DAY BAN AND 10 WARNING POINTS | WHITELIST REVOKED

Signed by: @Onyx, @Xehara & @Derek Steel