Server time (UTC): 2019-09-23, 20:53
Sign in to follow this  
Mademoiselle

Kamensk military base - adding it to rules?

Should we implement a rule for Kamensk Military Base (Radiation Zone)?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So overlooking a lot of people that have been involved in reports recently in the past for being in kamensk military base. There is no specific rules on what to have when entering the military base and being punished not following a realistic standpoint. 

Should we add a rule to say you need to wear specific clothing items to enter kamensk and if you're caught not - that you have to RP radiation sickness for a day?

If no, why?

If yes, what would you like to specifically see in this rule?

I'm asking because of the realistic standpoint the server tries to be at. 

We could possibly get devs to implement signs around kamensk saying "CAUTION RADIATION ZONE - DO NOT ENTER" in order for people to know.

Yes!  I feel most people aren't 100% familiar with the lore surrounding this and with new groups taking advantage of this lore I think it'll ruin their RP if it's not common knowledge.

Didn't the "Bad RP rule" potentially apply before, meaning we need little to do in the sense of adding more rules?

Or in simpler terms, I'd perhaps make the dangers more apparent, but I don't think we need specific rulesets for that? Then again, while extending the rules, having a particular ruleset dealing with that will obviously also somewhat "advertise" (or remind) people what the dangers are about.

So fine either way for me.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

if you're caught not - that you have to RP radiation sickness for a day?

Have to?

How does staff check if people actually play that out? And is one day of radiation sickness realistic?

Edited by Ron

1 minute ago, Combine said:

Didn't the "Bad RP rule" potentially apply before, meaning we need little to do in the sense of adding more rules?

Or in simpler terms, I'd perhaps make the dangers more apparent, but I don't think we need specific rulesets for that? Then again, while extending the rules, having a particular ruleset dealing with that will obviously also somewhat "advertise" (or remind) people what the dangers are about.

So fine either way for me.

I get this. It's more of a, people who are new to the server or have no idea about this have entered Kamensk in the past. The guy in this report received a caution in this report:

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/96881-s1-troitskoe-bad-rp/

But there is nothing in the rules that state to wear a gas mask. There is nothing in the rules to state wear a NBC clothing when entering. Adding these rules can help for people to understand and avoid this problem if they have no idea about it in the first place. Whilst it's extending the rules - it is making people more aware. 

As well as this - Adding signs into our server for this would be great to also make sure this is aware. So either it could be signs or rules or both. Whichever helps out really.

Just now, Ron said:

Have to?

How would staff check if people actually play that out? And is one day of radiation sickness realistic?

We wouldn't, only if they got caught. This suggestion is pretty much a draft for people to put forwards ideas and see if they agree, disagree and what could be improved in the suggestion .

Form follows function. I'll wear the mask when I go there regardless (I would rather not though), but I think until radiation or whatever is actually a thing, it seems pointless to enforce.

Just now, Roland said:

No need for a rule. It should be introduced as a game mechanic, ie losing health if not wearing protective equipment.

Then what about adding "CAUTION: RADIATION ZONE" signs around the military base?

Just now, Roland said:

No need for a rule. It should be introduced as a game mechanic, ie losing health if not wearing protective equipment.

I agree with this, I know servers have done things similar to this in the past with Tisy and I think this would be the only real way to enforce this. 

Just now, Mademoiselle said:

Then what about adding "CAUTION: RADIATION ZONE" signs around the military base?

When people start dropping dead after walking around for 5 minutes with their TShirt on, I assure you they will notice. No need for signs 😄 

1 minute ago, Roland said:

When people start dropping dead after walking around for 5 minutes with their TShirt on, I assure you they will notice. No need for signs 😄 

Is it only their t-shirt? What happened to their pants?

No in all seriousness though, I get that. It just since groups are revolving more around that area. However are we able to implement game mechanics?

We are. Just nobody bothered to do it yet 😄 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

We wouldn't, only if they got caught.

I think you got my question wrong.

Let's say you catch me. I'm running around that area in a t-shirt and jeans looking for my sweet sweet rp-items. You catch me. I have to play out the sickness. When would that be? Next time I log on? What about the time/lore that goes on in the server if I dont play. Running through that area showing that sickness like a week later?

You catch me - how do you enforce / tell me to play a radiation sickness?  If you put it in a verdict, I mean.

RonPVP - Guilty - you have to rp out 1 day of radiation sickness. 

And who will check if I actually do that and how?

Edited by Ron

Posted (edited)

I think the point of the rule would be more to bring attention to this area, rather than being an enforceable offense unless compiled with another rule break.

But if they can implement the mechanic there'd absolutely be no need and it'd create some amazing RP!

Edited by LagIsMyExcuse

Just now, Ron said:

If you don't play for a day, i'm sure you're fine. or if you play on another character or whatever. Maybe as well you have real life to attend to, so the next day, you don't even play. It all really depends.

Again, it was only a suggestion, I'm not full out stating it should be a thing. It's more of a trial and error suggestion.

I'd rather we just let it fall under BadRP if people are consistently hanging around the major radioactive areas of the base, without adequate protection.

14 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

that you have to RP radiation sickness for a day?

no, you die in the next weeks or days, but how high is the radiation?

Just now, Mademoiselle said:

If you don't play for a day, i'm sure you're fine. or if you play on another character or whatever. Maybe as well you have real life to attend to, so the next day, you don't even play. It all really depends.

Again, it was only a suggestion, I'm not full out stating it should be a thing. It's more of a trial and error suggestion.

I know it is a suggestion. I am only asking question, becausse I think if a rule change or addition is suggested, it is very important for it to be thought through 🙂

Just now, YellowChilli said:

no, you die in the next weeks or days, but how high is the radiation?

Not true... It's all listed in here:

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/86463-united-nations-investigation-case-ground-zero/

0.2gy was implemented on UN troops who were in the kamensk military for 2 hours - they were near the pit for 10 minutes.

0.4gy was consumed by the major and captain who were in kamensk for 5 hours and more near the pit than others.

image.png.3bc44167a1b41d4eaac020ec86c25f40.png

3 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Not true... It's all listed in here:

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/86463-united-nations-investigation-case-ground-zero/

0.2gy was implemented on UN troops who were in the kamensk military for 2 hours - they were near the pit for 10 minutes.

0.4gy was consumed by the major and captain who were in kamensk for 5 hours and more near the pit than others.

image.png.3bc44167a1b41d4eaac020ec86c25f40.png

ok, then playing sick for 1-3 days should be fine

Posted (edited)

I don't think this should be a rule discussion anymore. We already have a better solution other than trying to "impose" the use of gas-masks and NBC equipment, as Rollo himself said:

32 minutes ago, Roland said:

We are. Just nobody bothered to do it yet 😄 

And as a proof of concept, here's a video from 3 months ago:

Spoiler

Not only it is possible to be coded into the game, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the hardest thing ever. I'm guessing some markers, triggers, and few lines of code written should do the trick (I'm basing off my experience with ArmA).

I voted "Yes" with the intention of adding it as a game mechanic, and not a rule. It has been stated countless times before, even back in 2017 when the U.N explored the area (or was it Tisy?), that the base was radioactive and deadly if approached without proper equipment. Such a thing should be added, since it is already canon within the Lore. Nobody contested the addition of this fact back them, why should they now?

I get that the times change, players change, and trends change; such a mechanic, however, would add a whole lot to RP, and not only that, would introduce the first actual "Red Zone" for DayZRP, where people should be afraid of entering without proper preparing and planning. It shouldn't be a soft roller coaster for a 10 year old, but a wild ride.

Edited by Rogério SkyLab

Posted (edited)

We have a rule for that, it’s called BadRP

If you’re in a heavily radiated area without protection and you fail to roleplay radiation sickness then you’re not adhering to the current roleplay environment, not to mention you’d straight up die so there’s that 

-1, insert “less rules reee” text wall here

57 minutes ago, Roland said:

This 

Edited by Whitename

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Which we would have if the project hadn't been abandoned by Aeryes after I was assured it was done and working and people would know if it had been posted to the Lore page and included on the whitelist properly, there would be less confusion in general. LMs can do neither of these things. We have also requested a separate public Lore sub forum just for LM created lore but this has also not happened.

People haven't been properly informed, and we don't have a way yet to implement a feature. If folks repeatedly and blatantly go in without gear that would constitute bad RP had they been informed prior. 

I recently posted in a report where somebody got accused of bad RP over a misunderstanding. This is dumb, and shouldn't be an issue.

Either say the radiation has subsided so it doesn't matter or add an actual in game mechanic. It's dumb to try to micro manage like this.

I thought it was agreed that it was only the pit that had severe radiation, which is what I, the rest of my group and a lot of people I've met IC have gone off of because that's what we were told previously.

Really don't see the issue or NEED to force people to RP out an effect we've all been told only happens when you basically SIT on the pit.

2 hours ago, Mademoiselle said:

Should we add a rule to say you need to wear specific clothing items to enter kamensk and if you're caught not - that you have to RP radiation sickness for a day?

Nope. If people are able to avoid perma death purely because of the 'MY CHARACTER MY RULES' then I'll be avoiding anything else that is 'Forced' upon my character after IC knowledge has led me to believe what I said above. If you wanted this shit to happen, you should have got it done when it first happened, not MONTHS after.