Server time (UTC): 2019-09-19, 13:46
Sign in to follow this  
StewieRP

DEAD character, brought "back" to wounded.

Character I wish to bring back: https://www.dayzrp.com/characters/display-9959/

He was taken hostage by the U.N./A random group. He attempted to escape, and was killed. The only problem with this, is I made a bad, hasty decision, and said "If I attempt to escape and die it will be perma."

His death happened like it was nothing. Everyone forgot about it, and it was just a waste of 100+ hours on a character. I made a bad decision, and acted without thinking.

The reason I wish to bring him back, is because he brought me some of the best RP I had experienced. I had so many good interactions, and his story was developing really well. If allowed to bring him back to wounded, I would RP him as a changed man, and he would be GRAVELY injured. I know this is a stretch, but Fred Felker was by far the most in-depth character I have ever roleplayed with, and I want to bring him back to continue his story.

@Kase

@SlickTR

@Joah

Those are the only ones I think were present when I was killed. If any of you have a problem with Fred not being dead, I understand and will not further the situation. But, I promise, if the three of you (plus anyone I am forgetting that was present) are fine with Fred "coming back" not only would I greatly appreciate it, I can guarantee to bring amazing RP into the server with him.

Note: It would not be completely obsurd if Fred came back, because he simply took a few rounds to his vest and torso and was left in a house. In my opinion, it wouldn't be unrealistic if he survived the situation, and I do not believe it would be weird/strange if he indeed was still alive.

Thanks for any staff taking the time to look at this, I know this post might be a stretch or a long shot, but in all reality I miss the character and wish to bring him back and continue his story, to further the amazing RP experiences I was experiencing/creating.

What is dead should stay dead.

Just now, JimRP said:

No.

jesus aight 

Unfortunately, once dead always dead. Hence permadeath. Permanent death.

You have you look back as this at hindsight and take into consideration for you new characters in the future whether or not you should let go or not.

6 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Unfortunately, once dead always dead. Hence permadeath. Permanent death.

You have you look back as this at hindsight and take into consideration for you new characters in the future whether or not you should let go or not.

I like your answer better than Jim's. Take my beans.

What is dead may never die.

Or in this case have the chance to die again.

Posted (edited)

No. He’s dead. You made a decision now you gotta live with it. 

Edited by Zero

Once you kill a character it is dead, no bringing back. This is no hookus pookus magical world

9 minutes ago, MajooRB said:

Once you kill a character it is dead, no bringing back. This is no hookus pookus magical world

but i found the ring of resurrection and a fireaxe +5

Totally get it. Would suck losing a character you feel was really in depth and you spent a lot of time with. I'm not sure what the roleplay was from that situation, or leading up to it, but hopefully it was a decent enough ending to the character?

I'd personally say take some time away, a couple of days, and flush out a new character you're really excited about and feel there is room to develop. I usually do so when I'm thinking of new characters, and how to make them interesting to not only others, but to myself as well.

Good luck!