Server time (UTC): 2019-09-18, 18:58
Sign in to follow this  
Realize

Staff Feedback: Realize

Posted (edited)

Feel free to leave any staff feedback below for Realize.

Always keep in mind the staff feedback posting rules when posting.

Follow the template below.

Spoiler

Link to the situation: (Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

Feedback: (Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Suggestions for improvement: (Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

Edited by Realize

Thank you for your help! Professional, friendly and on point. See you ingame!

Link to the situation: PMS

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: Great moderator goes out of his way to do his job what this community needs

Suggestions for improvement: None keep doing what you're doing

Posted (edited)

Link to the situation: Here

Any supporting evidence or notes: Nah not really. 

Yo,

Just a quick one. You gave me points before @YNW Pep could respond to your PM. Definitely wait next time. I could understand if it was urgent but it wasn't. No issues from me though, just a heads up. Some people would fly off the handle over something as small as this. To be honest, if this happened to me in 2018, I probably would've flipped out and made a big deal out of it. But I was a bit of a nob back then so, yeah.

Enjoy your day man.

Suggestions for improvement: Above. 

Edited by Beni

8 minutes ago, Beni said:

Link to the situation: Here

Any supporting evidence or notes: Nah not really. 

Yo,

Just a quick one. You gave me points before @YNW Pep could respond to your PM. Definitely wait next time. I could understand if it was urgent but it wasn't. No issues from me though, just a heads up. Some people would fly off the handle over something as small as this. To be honest, if this happened to me in 2018, I probably would've flipped out and made a big deal out of it. But I was a bit of a nob back then so, yeah.

Enjoy your day man.

Suggestions for improvement: Above. 

Hello Beni,

I don't normally do this as it is not required of me to reach out to people after a report is made I tried to go above what is asked of me to better come to a decision, I waited 2 hours without a response, so I was forced to go ahead and issue the points because I can't leave a report unsolved for a long amount of time.

I will take your feedback onboard and seeing as this way of dealing with it clearly doesn't work I will revert to the old way of doing things, sorry for any trouble this may have caused you.

Kind Regards,

Realize

Link to the situation: 

Any supporting evidence or notes: Here

Feedback: Hello so In my friends MrPandas report he was given a caution by you. But the problem with this is that one of your group member are in the report. Im not saying the caution is invalid it just looks baised when you gave the caution when your group are in it. 

Suggestions for improvement: Just dont get involved in stuff that your group are in. Just let other staff do it

4 hours ago, ThanosRP said:

Link to the situation: 

Any supporting evidence or notes: Here

Feedback: Hello so In my friends MrPandas report he was given a caution by you. But the problem with this is that one of your group member are in the report. Im not saying the caution is invalid it just looks baised when you gave the caution when your group are in it. 

Suggestions for improvement: Just dont get involved in stuff that your group are in. Just let other staff do it

Hello ThanosRP

things like this are dealt by the staff as a whole I did not make the call to give the caution just the one issuing it, That being said I do see where you are coming from and i will take it on board not to confuse other people in the future.

Kind Regards,

Realize

TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNER OF THIS FEEDBACK (I APOLOGISE FOR THE MISTAKEN IDENTITY @Saunders)

Link to the situation: N/A

Any supporting evidence or notes:

Before the base got destroyed by the 'Zombie Horde' that totally ran down from the hills and not materialised out of thin air 😉

20190724180227_1.jpg?width=1202&height=6

Feedback: There has been multiple occasions today where I've required assistance from the GM's. Each and every time it's been Saunders that's helped out and I can honestly say I've never come across a member of staff that's more willing to get stuck in and contribute his time to help others enjoy the server to the maximum potential. He's a tribute to the staff team. After helping us (destroy our base) he also came up with an out of the box idea to promote roleplay and provide somewhat of a backstory to how our base was "no longer".

Top quality bloke, and I'll never get sick of that Brummy accent!

Suggestions for improvement: No suggestions, he seems fully capable to do what he's doing and is efficient in doing so.

Link to the situation: (Use "N/A" if not appropriate.) 

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".) 

Feedback: (Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.) Sound bloke pulled me aside and we spoke for like two hours going over the situation and such he put a lot of graft into this report and these logs and went out of his way this morning to ensure it was dealt with properly and the proper avenues were used, contacted and utilized throughout the report. I, no we appreciate the effort you went to this morning to help us with this report. You a real one.

Suggestions for improvement: (Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.) Nothing really mate.

Link to the situation: Most recent incident.

Extra recent precedent 1

Extra recent precedent 2

First of all... @Eagle reports for baiting and there's 0 mention of whether or not the baiting claim held up, not so much as a mention. Whether or not I agree with that, that's just bad technique to not address the claims and settle questions.

How is this situation invalid initiation?

You claim because Eagle punched him before initiating it is invalid. First of all, what? Why would anybody initiate with their fists? Secondly, surely for there to be an invalid initiation you have to actually initiate. Eagle didn't initiate in this situation, he just punched him granting Lucas kill rights on him. You are legit saying "3 day ban for anybody who ever punches somebody" which is, in itself, going to kill natural progression of hostility. Imagine being reported for invalid initiation every time you simply punched someone.

But into the actual baffling recent verdicts. #1 is a verdict in which @G19RP punches a dude sawing a code lock off. No mention of invalid initiation in the verdict, the kill is valid etc. #2 is a verdict in which @Roland himself stated that William89 punching Kain granted him defender rights. There was 0 mention of invalid initiation, as there was 0 initiation. I have never in all of my 4 years here seen somebody get hit for invalid initiation for punching somebody. It is a tool that helps situations naturally escalate. Furthermore, the deterrent to actually punching somebody was that it granted kill rights so you had to be careful about getting gunned down for doing it. Why are we now looking to punish a natural flow / progression of hostile rp when the situation itself would've seen Eagle punished for punching...?

Suggestions for improvement:

Consistency. You guys are baffling the fuck out of the lot of us. There's so many verdicts at the moment that are confusing, inaccurate, wrong according to the rules or just straight backwards to what has previously been set. I have said this for a while now "you never know with the GM team" and you're still proving my concern to be justified. Of course this goes for every GM in recent times that has made a ridiculously unorthodox verdict. If there's no consistency, there's no standards. If there's no standards nobody actually knows what a rulebreak is and it descends into confusion. 

Hello @APositivePara,

I will address the points you have made as well as I can, first of all when these decisions are made they are not made by not me alone, they are discussed throughout the entire gamemaster and admin team.

• So to address 1st of all why I did not address the baiting and i completely agree with you, now I have had time to think about it I should've addressed the baiting in the verdict, i completely forgot about it, the fault falls to me alone on this.
  • Moving to the Invalid initiation verdict outcome of the report, the outcome of the report was judged by @Roland overturn of this report, and was also certified by other fellow admins.

I will now address your concerns regarding the current staff team, the current staff team is very young and new and sometimes you have to fail at something in order to learn and get it right for future knowledge, also when you judge these verdicts as ridiculous and unorthodox you are looking at the few reports to the many the staff team process. it is very easy to sit on the side lines and scrutinize the staff team, but remember we are here of our own free will and we also have lives outside of this so instead of attempting to lower our morale as a team, simply notifying us of our mistakes so we can correct them would be perfectly adequate.

You are welcome to contact me on discord as well if you want to discuss this further.

Link to the situation:

N/A

I cannot lie, but after reading the report verdict I was almost about to leave some feedback about it, but I can see @APositivePara beat me to it. So I decided against it, until I read your response. As this entire response seems somewhat defensive in the oddest way possible, which is not why we are here. We write here to help you improve as an individual and as a team. That's all it has ever been.

I will address the points you have made as well as I can, first of all when these decisions are made they are not made by not me alone, they are discussed throughout the entire gamemaster and admin team.

I, for example, am completely aware of this. I know how it works and so does many other people in this community, the matter of fact is, you and @Voodoo stuck your necks out and actually discussed the report outside of thread notes, hence the signing. This is a blanket statement to shy away from as much responsibility as you can, it does not look good and looks rather defensive, own the verdict you write. It's yours. You make a mistake, own up to it. You don't think you made one, stick up for it.

So to address 1st of all why I did not address the baiting and i completely agree with you, now I have had time to think about it I should've addressed the baiting in the verdict, i completely forgot about it, the fault falls to me alone on this

I find it very difficult to believe that you forgot about baiting when it is the title of the report, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. The issue is, that it is completely feasible to miss something as big as this when you rush a report verdict out and don't discuss it much. And that is what it looks like here. My only question is how @Voodoo let this slip by his eyes, I expected more in this case. The reality is that he is here to check your work, it doesn't seem like this was the case at all.

Moving to the Invalid initiation verdict outcome of the report, the outcome of the report was judged by Roland overturn of this report, and was also certified by other fellow admins

Actually, if you read the way Rolle overturned that report, you wouldn't come to the same conclusion at all. Rolle's entire premise there is that it is an (attempted) invalid kill due to the fact that there was no initiation, Eagle did not initiate what so ever. At no point did he ever use the punch to initiate on the person, so how can he get that punishment? You could manage to pin attempted invalid kill (I don't even agree with it that but you know), which would have way more ground than what you issued Eagle in this report, especially if you are going to use Rolle's words to enforce it.

Moving on from the punishment, your suggestions to Eagle are completely unfair. Hostile roleplay exists outside of initiations, we all know this, you know this. So why suggest against it? Actually a far better suggestion would be to tell him to emote hitting him instead of doing it in game to actually avoid any unnecessary death in this case. Something like this could work:

Aggressor: *Swings at man, attempting to punch him* //Does it work?
Defender: //Yes

But no, you just told him not to do anything hostile without an initiation so that the rules are not broken. The issue is that what you're saying here seems to be completely unfounded.

I will now address your concerns regarding the current staff team, the current staff team is very young and new and sometimes you have to fail at something in order to learn and get it right for future knowledge, also when you judge these verdicts as ridiculous and unorthodox you are looking at the few reports to the many the staff team process. it is very easy to sit on the side lines and scrutinize the staff team, but remember we are here of our own free will and we also have lives outside of this so instead of attempting to lower our morale as a team, simply notifying us of our mistakes so we can correct them would be perfectly adequate.

Yes, it is very important to learn from mistakes. I completely agree, however, if we can not even trust you to read the report (and supporting pieces of precedent) properly how do we trust you to enforce the rules on the server. Plain and simple. We all make mistakes, sometimes unorthodox, sometimes ridiculous, but never hide behind the morale of other people as a way to subvert any form of stringent criticism. Ironically, Para has spent a lot of time doing exactly what you have been doing now, you may not think so, but he did. A lot of people in this community has given up their free time in between work and school to serve the community as a staff member. Don't hide behind that fact pretending that people do not understand. To me, this is pathetic.

There are a lot of suggestions above, but to summarize:

• Do not avoid any form of feedback with excuses such as those.
  • Defend or scrutinize your own verdicts
  • Be sure to understand and read all the rules and precedent you use because you clearly haven't

These are the main ones, but understand when people use words such as unorthodox or ridiculous they usually have a decent reason to do so. This is such a case where they do.

If you wish to talk about this further, then by all means reply or contact me directly.

Edited by Hebirura
code box formatting

Hello @Hebirura,

Spoiler

I cannot lie, but after reading the report verdict I was almost about to leave some feedback about it, but I can see @APositivePara beat me to it. So I decided against it, until I read your response. As this entire response seems somewhat defensive in the oddest way possible, which is not why we are here. We write here to help you improve as an individual and as a team. That's all it has ever been.

• In my response to para I answered his feedback as good as I am able, I didn't shy away from owning up to my mistakes at all, I'm happy to receive any constructive criticism to help me improve in the future, the only time I disagreed with para and went on the defensive was when he put the whole GM team in the firing line, as a newer member to the GM team I've seen nothing but promising things and i just couldn't get behind what he was saying so I went on the defensive there yes.
Spoiler

I, for example, am completely aware of this. I know how it works and so does many other people in this community, the matter of fact is, you and @Voodoo stuck your necks out and actually discussed the report outside of thread notes, hence the signing. This is a blanket statement to shy away from as much responsibility as you can, it does not look good and looks rather defensive, own the verdict you write. It's yours. You make a mistake, own up to it. You don't think you made one, stick up for it.

• I'm unsure if you read the point in which I responded to the feedback but I will reiterate again, I did indeed mess up, when I written this verdict, I have all my notes I have everything I want drafted, i just completely forgot.
Spoiler

I find it very difficult to believe that you forgot about baiting when it is the title of the report, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. The issue is, that it is completely feasible to miss something as big as this when you rush a report verdict out and don't discuss it much. And that is what it looks like here. My only question is how @Voodoo let this slip by his eyes, I expected more in this case. The reality is that he is here to check your work, it doesn't seem like this was the case at all.

• Well I am human and we all make mistakes, I can't force you to believe me that i just forgot, we discussed this report very thoroughly and as for @Voodoo letting it slip I haven't spoken to him about it yet, but I'm sure we will discuss it soon.
Spoiler

Actually, if you read the way Rolle overturned that report, you wouldn't come to the same conclusion at all. Rolle's entire premise there is that it is an (attempted) invalid kill due to the fact that there was no initiation, Eagle did not initiate what so ever. At no point did he ever use the punch to initiate on the person, so how can he get that punishment? You could manage to pin attempted invalid kill (I don't even agree with it that but you know), which would have way more ground than what you issued Eagle in this report, especially if you are going to use Rolle's words to enforce it.

Moving on from the punishment, your suggestions to Eagle are completely unfair. Hostile roleplay exists outside of initiations, we all know this, you know this. So why suggest against it? Actually a far better suggestion would be to tell him to emote hitting him instead of doing it in game to actually avoid any unnecessary death in this case. Something like this could work:

Aggressor: *Swings at man, attempting to punch him* //Does it work?
Defender: //Yes

But no, you just told him not to do anything hostile without an initiation so that the rules are not broken. The issue is that what you're saying here seems to be completely unfounded.

• I can't really cast light on this too much, as the statement from @Roland was enforced on that report by other admins.
Spoiler

Yes, it is very important to learn from mistakes. I completely agree, however, if we can not even trust you to read the report (and supporting pieces of precedent) properly how do we trust you to enforce the rules on the server. Plain and simple. We all make mistakes, sometimes unorthodox, sometimes ridiculous, but never hide behind the morale of other people as a way to subvert any form of stringent criticism. Ironically, Para has spent a lot of time doing exactly what you have been doing now, you may not think so, but he did. A lot of people in this community has given up their free time in between work and school to serve the community as a staff member. Don't hide behind that fact pretending that people do not understand. To me, this is pathetic.

• If I was trying to hide from the feedback in which you or para are giving me why would I respond to it? I will take all the criticism you can throw my way. I do not understand what exactly it is I am hiding behind I'm right here, I'm not hiding ?
Spoiler

There are a lot of suggestions above, but to summarize:

• Do not avoid any form of feedback with excuses such as those.
  • Defend or scrutinize your own verdicts

• Be sure to understand and read all the rules and precedent you use because you clearly haven't

I agree with the first to points you have made as a general way everyone should approach feedback, i just can't get behind the third though to make the assumption that I have not read the rules is in fact outrageous and insulting to how much effort I have put in to understand these rules, you are basing your facts of my not reading of the rules to the one report I have made a mistake on, what about the countless other reports as well was i also wrong with them? I'm sorry I must firmly Disagree with you.

If you want to contact me further on this my discord PM's are always available.

Any supporting evidence or notes:  N/A

I was only making observations, a large amount of what you said sincerely rubs off that way, especially what I said about hiding. I'm sure the wording you have used has put off a fair few people, especially the ones that have given their time. Make no mistake, using his feedback and telling him that you'd rather that he'd just say it rather than all of the fairly constructive criticism that he gave you (minding some of the strong language he may have used) rather than lower the morale of the GM team is using them as a shield at best. Do not feed me shit about how you didn't do anything less, because at one point you said you came up with this decision as a team and then you automatically remove them from said group and say it is not the entire team. Which one is it?

I'm unsure if you read the point in which I responded to the feedback but I will reiterate again, I did indeed mess up, when I written this verdict, I have all my notes I have everything I want drafted, i just completely forgot.

I did read thank you.

Well I am human and we all make mistakes, I can't force you to believe me that i just forgot, we discussed this report very thoroughly and as for @Voodoo letting it slip I haven't spoken to him about it yet, but I'm sure we will discuss it soon

Obviously you didn't, and Voodoo is meant to check that as well. If you had discussed that report thoroughly it would've been there. Simple as, I do not believe this statement, baiting is mentioned at a total of 6 times throughout the entire report (including the title) and you somehow forgot one of the main centerpieces of this report. Nah. Yes you are only human and we do make mistakes, but this? Really?

I can't really cast light on this too much, as the statement from @Roland was enforced on that report by other admins.

If you cannot cast light on this, then why did you write the verdict? Do you understand why it was enforced? Do you understand what It is saying? Because through your verdict, it is very clear that the answer to most of these is no. If you really cannot provide any light behind the main reasoning of your verdict, then I really do think you should not have wrote it. Either way, what I was addressing there is also basic verdicting technique and your suggestions, not just the statement. Your response here as left a lot to be desired.

I agree with the first to points you have made as a general way everyone should approach feedback, i just can't get behind the third though to make the assumption that I have not read the rules is in fact outrageous and insulting to how much effort I have put in to understand these rules, you are basing your facts of my not reading of the rules to the one report I have made a mistake on, what about the countless other reports as well was i also wrong with them? I'm sorry I must firmly Disagree with you.

You've missed the entire point, I'm talking about rules and precedent, his statement clearly wasn't read. If you read Rolle's statement properly, there is no way you can draw an invalid initiation conclusion, especially if there was no initiation. You clearly have not read and understood Rolle's statement properly. You may find it insulting, but I find it very insulting, as a former staff member, to see the way you have responded to Para's feedback. I also find it fairly insulting that you think it is specifically your knowledge the rules is where my facts are based. Read the statement, that is where my facts are based. Read the rule page, that's where my facts are based. Read your verdict, that is where my facts are based. Believe me, to a lot of people, it is very clear that you do not understand at least a few of your facts.

There are two metrics to how good a gm is:

• Challenging reports
  • The ability to learn

Easy reports are not a great metric to measure this with, reports and criticism such as this will help you evolve. Throughout your response I have noticed that neglected various bits of my criticism, so I hope you noticed what I have said before to teach you those skills you need.  Rome wasn't built in a day. But I hope you do turn away from this thinking about what I have said in this instance. What I need to see from you for your improvement is very much clearly stated throughout both pieces of feedback. But I will leave you with probably the best piece of advice I could possible give:

• Do not let people push you, but understand where they come from and compromise.

Apply that to the way you just acted and there may have been a fairly decent conversation about this.

I'm available to contact on discord for further discussion if need be, thank you.

Had a good conversation on discord with you about this and I believe it was just my wording on different comments that were made by myself and I will take away from your feedback what I can, to better myself for the future.
brain studying GIF

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: Realize is a solid person. This man tried to help me fix my DayZ for 3-4 Hours in Discord. He walked me through step by step on theories of fixing my problem. He gave multiple solutions that I didn't even think of. In the end, everything we tried did not work. This man is a stand up guy, with great patience. Thank you for trying to help me. I really appreciate it.  

Suggestions for improvement: Keep doing what you do. It speaks for itself. 

Link to the situation: N/A

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: Has been very helpful on many occasions, always is available on discord for any questions I may have. Very reliable staff member to come to if you have an issue. 

Suggestions for improvement: No improvement needed, keep up the good work pal.