Server time (UTC): 2019-09-23, 16:36
Sign in to follow this  
GoatFyourself

Appeal AOGM - 3 days

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair:  Its an injustice to ban me on rules not specifically stated, especially when the prosecuting party had broke his own characters RP to raid a base as he not a bandit or raider and we have no prior history with his character nor is he affiliated with any other official groups that would have reason to engage in raiding. Now if the prosecuting party claims he was looking for loot for his own being then the defending party is in the right to prevent Greifing. Regardless Logging out of an RP situation should warrant a a punishment but a 72 hour ban for defending ones base is absurd and sets a terrible president for the rest of the server that you are now no longer able to engage intruders in your own base.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: Though @Onyx made me understand what it was that i did wrong and how i could improve my RP behavior in the future, i believe that the punishment was a bit to harsh especially for a first time occurrence.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: i would like a reduced sentence to a max of 1 day, or to Unbanned from the server as soon as possible

What could you have done better?: Honestly i should have read the rules on waiting the 30 minute time to leave the server after committing a hostile act, and i probably should have RP'ed with@Kirby-KP a bit more because i admit that it was a bit brief.

Edited by GoatFyourself

Update your appeal with the template which can be found in the following post:

Failure to do so within 24 hours will result in the closure of your appeal.

Greetings @GoatFyourself, a separate team of staff have reviewed your report and come to a conclusion. Upon you logging in and discovering the OP attempting to break out, the OP raises one hand while his gun is on his back. At this point he is no threat to yourself, nor has he committed a hostile action against you. A hostile action is stated as such in the rules:

"Hostile actions are player interactions where you or your group members lives are threatened by other players, you are forced to do something against your will under threat of violence, someone is stealing from you, etc. For example, if someone is telling you to drop your weapon and put your hands up or else you will die, he is committing a hostile action against you."

You then talk with the OP shortly, before deciding on shooting him in the head. Since no hostile action had been committed against yourself, you did not gain kill rights at any point, therefor your kill is invalid. Defense rights are again clearly stated in the rules as such:

"If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining DEFENDER RIGHTS on the attackers. Defender rights allow you to kill attackers for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defender rights can be shared with anyone who you recently role played with as well as all your group members, if you are a part of an approved group."

Furthermore you did not make any sort of initiation by stating a demand and consequence that the OP was not in compliance with. An initiation, once again, is clearly defined in the rules as such:

"4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system."

Due to this you gained no rights for non compliance, and again had no rights to kill the OP on.

Furthermore your rule breaks were further displayed by you logging out over 20 minutes early. Combat logging, once more, is clearly defined in the rules:

"4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier."

Since you didn't wait out your combat timer, you are guilty of this as well.

Lastly you seem mistaken, yet again, on one last thing. You keep referring to the OP as griefing, and defending your base from griefing, which stealing from someone's tents is not considered. Griefing is defined as the following:

"4.8 Griefing is act of damaging or destroying a player base, storage container, vehicles or their contents using OOC knowledge, ill intent or doing so without IC reasoning that is proportionate to the damage done."

Basically griefing is an act done in maliciousness against players by attempting to destroy or despawn their base or items, rather than simply taking items from their base.

Now then, given your gross misunderstanding of the rules I highly suggest giving them a thorough read over before claiming that your rule breaks are not clearly defined. You can find all of the above clearly listed and stated here:

https://www.dayzrp.com/rules/

That being said...

Appeal denied. Ban and points remain.