Server time (UTC): 2019-09-20, 19:07
Sign in to follow this  
andysuter

Character locking

Im in the Uk so trying to work out which of the 2 servers is best for me (im now assuming they are both the same?).  

Can anyone tell me if the characters are locked to each server? ie if I start on US2 can I play that character also on US1 from where I left off?

Yes, characters transfer between servers. You keep your gear, and your location.

Ensure you have read the rules on "Ghosting" however, as it explains this.

Yes, you share character between both servers. If you create character on, let's say, server 1, you can safely log in to server 2 and still play as that character (you still have all your inventory)

Posted (edited)

great, thank you. That's brilliant. Does that include current location etc? ie if im in gorka on 1, and log onto 2, would I load up in gorka?

EDIT  - Ignore this, just seen CALRP's reply which confirms. 🙂

Edited by andysuter

3 minutes ago, andysuter said:

great, thank you. That's brilliant. Does that include current location etc? ie if im in gorka on 1, and log onto 2, would I load up in gorka?

That's what I said mate, you keep your gear and location.

Your character is only for our 2 servers which are s1 and s2. So if you have looted on s2 and wanna be on s1 - the loot your grabbed will be on your character too. 🙂 I hope this helps!

If you log on NWAF on s1, and you log into s2, you’ll be in NWAF.

I suggest reading our rules about ghosting for combat situations. As well as logging into s1 to get into a base you cannot get in on s2 is an abuse of game mechanics. So just be careful on this!

great thanks for the replies. The reason I asked wasn't for exploiting but I see that S1 usually gets full so was making sure I could play on S2 if I couldn't get on, and that you didn't need separate characters for each server. 

Nah, it's a shared hive, so your characters are entirely transferable between our 2 servers, as has been said. Be sure to check the rules to do with ghosting as Mademoiselle has already suggested.