Server time (UTC): 2019-06-16, 19:39
Sign in to follow this  
Aeryes

S1: BadRP in Stary - 04-06-2019 05:10

Server and location: S1 Stary Sobor

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 05:10

Your in game name: Braxton Lowe

Names of allies involved:  None

Name of suspect/s: No idea, maybe logs? Some names were mentioned ingame, they might be on the video evidence.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):

Detailed description of the events: I was running towards Stary Sobor looking for some RP. I was met at the well in Stary by 2 men with guns. One of them told me to stand up, drop all of my gear or else. I complied with them (after a brief pause to turn on my recording software), the rest can be seen on the video evidence that I will provide. They robbed me for all of my gear, asked me if I wanted Cannabis and ran away. They provided no character development at all, the entire encounter lasted less than 5 minutes and all they wanted was my gear. I really do not have anything else to say about this except it was a really disappointing encounter that left a sour taste in my mouth and ruined my nights RP.

Note; The culprit handcuffed himself, so I think you can get them from that. Also, he said turn around 180 after I asked them for their names, maybe they knew they were getting reported?

Position Logs

05:07:05 | Player "Braxton Lowe" (pos=<6096.6, 7738.0, 301.0>) 
05:07:05 | Player "James Vander" (pos=<6098.5, 7735.0, 301.2>) 
05:07:05 | Player "Dequavis Johnson" (pos=<6094.9, 7728.0, 301.0>) 

Connection Logs

04:28:08 | Player "Braxton Lowe" is connected
05:59:05 | Player "Braxton Lowe" has been disconnected

04:30:31 | Player "James Vander"is connected
06:25:18 | Player "James Vander"has been disconnected

04:35:13 | Player "Dequavis Johnson" is connected
06:23:55 | Player "Dequavis Johnson" has been disconnected

Calling In

@James Vander - James Vander

@Mikey Splash - Dequavis Johnson

For their full and detailed PoVs and any evidence they have. Furthermore due to his forum activity @James Vander will be temp banned until he responds.

at the start of the encounter he was being very unfriendly for no reason. Going off that and him thinking we weren't as armed as we were, we decided to rob him in one of the most populated towns(Stary). As you can see in his own video instead of screaming for help from the trading post right down the road or begging for his life he continued on without saying a single word. You can also see in his video that at 3:46 someone is talking to him, which is clearly meta gaming, which I can see as perfectly fine but throughout the whole video he doesn't say a single word which leads me to believe that he could've been informing friends of what was going on or doing something against server rules because during the encounter he was saying certain things at times(no self audio). The video also only shows the encounter of the robbery and not the dialogue before. I know being robbed can be annoying at times but he did not role play or value his life in the situation at all. He then continues to spam in the chat saying that he will see us on the forums which was unnecessary and could've ruined gameplay for any other players in the area. 

Note- Someone who is so concerned with bad RP wouldn't take out their own anger by ruining other players RP scenarios by Spamming side chat that we would be reported.

Before the recording of his video we found him at the well he was being very rude to me and Dequavis we decided enough is enough and we are not going to be nice to him so we held him up. Braxton was not valuing his life at all! In this recording, you can not hear his voice at all! He didn't include that in his video.

Note; Braxton had 0 of his own audio, so I think that's enough evidence by its self. We didn't need to tell you our names, we had masks on. Also, we didn't take all your gear.

This is from the rules.

As a victim you may NOT:

Pretend to be fearless, emotionless, not feel pain, or otherwise be unaffected by the situation where your life is at risk in a hostile situation.

Be passive during the hostile role play and refuse to actively participate in it.

4.9 If you are searched for items by other players you must give away all items that are available on your character - you may not make items "imaginary", hidden in body cavities or have concealed weapons.

39 minutes ago, Mikey Splash said:

at the start of the encounter he was being very unfriendly for no reason. Going off that and him thinking we weren't as armed as we were, we decided to rob him in one of the most populated towns(Stary). As you can see in his own video instead of screaming for help from the trading post right down the road or begging for his life he continued on without saying a single word. You can also see in his video that at 3:46 someone is talking to him, which is clearly meta gaming, which I can see as perfectly fine but throughout the whole video he doesn't say a single word which leads me to believe that he could've been informing friends of what was going on or doing something against server rules because during the encounter he was saying certain things at times(no self audio). The video also only shows the encounter of the robbery and not the dialogue before. I know being robbed can be annoying at times but he did not role play or value his life in the situation at all. He then continues to spam in the chat saying that he will see us on the forums which was unnecessary and could've ruined gameplay for any other players in the area. 

Note- Someone who is so concerned with bad RP wouldn't take out their own anger by ruining other players RP scenarios by Spamming side chat that we would be reported.

First of you never frisked me for radios, my radio is sitting right beside me and I was not restrained in any way. I was not unfriendly to you at all. I said 'My name is Braxton, how are you?". There was no dialogue before, you robbed me straight away. Everything you are saying is just hear-say and unless you can provide video evidence to your claims of my unfriendliness etc then I would go as far as to say you are lying on this report. I did not spam chat, you can clearly see I typed once in the video //SEE YOU ON DE FORUMS. 

This is like the worst attempt at a reversal I have ever seen in my life. You are trying to say that I am ruining peoples RP when you are clearly the one providing no RP to anybody (As can be seen in the video provided). Have you even read the rules? It would appear to me that you have not.

3.5 Metagaming is an situation where Out Of Character information is transferred in game and changed into In Character information, despite there being no realistic way of characters gaining this information. For example, your character knowing someones name because you used the games "Check pulse" feature, or you sharing information after your character has died, is unconscious, surrendering (F2 animation), handcuffed or have had your radio taken away.

This is taken directly from the rules which you can find here on the site. After reading this, it is evident to me that I did not break any meta-gaming rules. If you listen to the people talking on Discord you can hear their responses to what I am saying, I was just letting them know that I was in a gearRP/BadRP situation and that I would be reporting it. To add to this, as I already stated, you never removed my radio from me and left it sitting right beside my body within arms reach because it could be picked up easily.

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.

Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times.

This is another rule snippet that you can feel free to read here on the forums. As you can see, hostile RP must focus on RP and not gear. In this interaction you only took my gear and provided no RP. 

50 minutes ago, James Vander said:

Before the recording of his video we found him at the well he was being very rude to me and Dequavis we decided enough is enough and we are not going to be nice to him so we held him up. Braxton was not valuing his life at all! In this recording, you can not hear his voice at all! He didn't include that in his video.

Note; Braxton had 0 of his own audio, so I think that's enough evidence by its self. We didn't need to tell you our names, we had masks on. Also, we didn't take all your gear.

This is from the rules.

As a victim you may NOT:

Pretend to be fearless, emotionless, not feel pain, or otherwise be unaffected by the situation where your life is at risk in a hostile situation.

Be passive during the hostile role play and refuse to actively participate in it.

4.9 If you are searched for items by other players you must give away all items that are available on your character - you may not make items "imaginary", hidden in body cavities or have concealed weapons.

I love the way both of you are lying in this report because you know I have no audio on my recording. Once again I will re-iterate that all I said and all I had time to say before you guys robbed me was 'Hello, my name is Braxton", then you friend started doing the Kabanino shuffle and I said to myself here we go. I think saying I did not value my life at all is at the very best a weak not very well thought out argument to make. As can be seen from the provided video evidence I complied with every demand you made thus valuing my own life above my gear. 

I would also like to note that you can clearly see the second after I start the video the audio was muted and I did not know about this until after the situation. The two people in question here are clearly using my lack of audio as a scapegoat to this situation as well as lying on a report.

Cut the back and forth out. Any posts beyond this point that is not further evidence or anything relevant will be met with points. This is your one and only warning.

Summary 

@Mikey Splash & @James Vander initiate on @Aeryes before taking him behind the orange building to rob him, stripping him in the process, before telling him to run off after they finish robbing him.

There is clear BadRP throughout this entire situation, as you both provide the bare minimal RP from the initiation, to when you tell @Aeryes to run off after you finish robbing him, especially when you both ask him to strip an item of clothing each. We expect much higher standards of roleplay in this community than what has been seen in this video. Furthermore, both of your attitudes in this report have been unacceptable, as you have both made posts that do nothing except try and provoke hostile responses. It is because of these reasons that you will both receive an aggravated punishment.

However, @Aeryes you will also be punished for metagaming, as you were stripped of your radio when you told people you were in discord with that you were being robbed. It is the equivalent of them patting you down, and you dropping your radio. Regardless of what your intentions were for telling them, you were still stripped of your radio and had no means of communication, yet still transmitted IC information OOCly. Furthermore, your OOC in this report was entirely unnecessary, and we expect better from you as a developer and staff member of this community. 

In future, if you wish to rob somebody, you must provide them with adequate RP during the robbery. This can be accomplished through interrogation, explanation of your motives, kidnapping, and a plethora of other RP avenues. 

The rules that support this verdict can be found below:

Spoiler

3.5 Metagaming is an situation where Out Of Character information is transferred in game and changed into In Character information, despite there being no realistic way of characters gaining this information. For example, your character knowing someones name because you used the games "Check pulse" feature, or you sharing information after your character has died, is unconscious, surrendering (F2 animation), handcuffed or have had your radio taken away.

3.7 OOC communication should only be done through text chat and only when absolutely necessary. You may not use OOC chat to casually chat with other players in game. Use the "//" prefix to indicate OOC text communication.

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.

Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times.

As a victim you may NOT:

Be passive during the hostile role play and refuse to actively participate in it. Just sitting there and not contributing to role play can make the situation very boring for the attackers.

With that, the following applies,

Verdict:

@Aeryes - GUILTY OF EXCESSIVE OOC & METAGAMING - 3 DAY BAN AND 10 WARNING POINTS

@Mikey Splash & @James Vander - GUILTY OF BADRP - 7 DAY BAN AND 10 WARNING POINTS - WHITELISTS REVOKED

Signed by: @Onyx, @Derek Steel & @Mademoiselle w/ notes