Server time (UTC): 2019-06-16, 03:53
Sign in to follow this  
God

S1- Invalid Kill- Possible AOGM

Posted (edited)

Please keep this location secret because i do not want people raiding their base/meta-gaming locations thank you! 

Server and location: Server 1- undisclosed location

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): I'm not sure sometime yesterday mid afternoon (logs will know)

Your in game name: Kirby Hammer 

Names of allies involved: @twig

Name of suspect/s: @GoatFyourself

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): none

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events: I arrive by the a while before with some dude name yuri, he said there was a trader here and hes been wanting to come so we take a trip from kab all the way down to it . Once we get to the town we get separated and i log for a bit to do some irl stuff, I come back and meet with my buddy @twig and we find the base and look around for a gate, and there was none to be found. I also want to put in i feel like they took down the "fences" to just make them walls so no one could enter without a buddy boost (which we did). Once inside i look around a bit calling for people. no one answered and i realize i'm stuck inside after double checking that there was no gates or anything i resort to breaking a lower half of a wall to crawl out and that was it. I try one wall but i don't see the actual concrete wall there so i cant crawl under. So i try a different wall checking before hand to make sure i get leave through that side. Once i finish the wall @GoatFyourselfcomes out of his building. I also want to point out in the video @1:34, he proceeds to make the "Fence" into a gate and you can hear it behind @twig talking. He then sees me, asks what i'm doing i immediately put my hands up knowing i'm going to get a gun pointed at me. He then asks  how i got in here i reply and he proceeds to shoot me in the face after me explaining i got stuck inside and told him sorry about the wall even offering to help fix it.

Edited by Kirby-KP
@ wasnt working correctly, fixed spelling, and reworded some parts

Connection Logs

Spoiler
20:24:03 | Player "Kirby Hammer" is connected
20:43:40 | Player "Kirby Hammer" has been disconnected

20:20:48 | Player "Jackson Punnete" is connected
20:50:37 | Player "Jackson Punnete" has been disconnected
21:33:29 | Player "Jackson Punnete" is connected

Hit Logs

Spoiler
20:42:16 | Player "Kirby Hammer" hit by Player "Jackson Punnete" with M16A4 from 5.11768 meters 
20:42:16 | Player "Kirby Hammer" hit by Player "Jackson Punnete" with M16A4 from 5.11768 meters 
20:42:16 | Player "Kirby Hammer" hit by Player "Jackson Punnete" with M16A4 from 5.11769 meters 
20:42:16 | Player "Kirby Hammer" hit by Player "Jackson Punnete" with M16A4 from 5.11769 meters 
20:42:17 | Player "Kirby Hammer" hit by Player "Jackson Punnete" with M16A4 from 5.84651 meters 
20:42:17 | Player "Kirby Hammer" hit by Player "Jackson Punnete" with M16A4 from 5.84651 meters 

Kill Logs

Spoiler
20:42:16 | Player "Kirby Hammer" (DEAD) killed by Player "Jackson Punnete" with M16A4 from 5.11768 meters 

Calling in:

@GoatFyourself - Jacob Punnete -

For your full, detailed POV of the situation, as well as any video evidence you may have. Furthermore, please explain to me why you logged out only 8 minutes after killing @Kirby-KP and did not log back in for 43 minutes?

Posted (edited)

I logged on that morning to check in on our base to see if it was alright, i spawned in to hear that someone was chopping wood outside, and i wasn't sure if my buddies were on. I then open my door to see what was going on outside only to find some random guy i've never seen or even heard of breaking down the fence i built with my team in my base. I shot him due to trespassing and he also never have a legitimate reason as to why he was there in the first place, i believe i asked him to put his hands up and he just waved at me. I'm sorry for killing Kirby. but the guy was breaking my home. Also to answer your question of why i logged out 8 minutes afterward is because i had things i had to attend to IRL and i couldn't play until i finished what i needed to do.

Edited by GoatFyourself

Summary:

@Kirby-KP manages to get stuck inside of a base, and tries breaking down a wall so that he can leave the base. @GoatFyourself then walks out of the barn, asks @Kirby-KP what he is doing, before shooting and killing him.

First off, this is a blatant case of invalid kill - roleplayed, as @GoatFyourself at no point initiates on @Kirby-KP, however there was roleplay involved, however brief it was, so you will be punished accordingly for this @GoatFyourself. Furthermore, you logged out 22 minutes short of the minimum 30 minutes you are required to wait after committing a hostile act before you can log out. Regardless of IRL commitments, there are no exceptions to this rule, and in future, you should be more mindful of whether you can afford to wait out the timer after a hostile act. I would also like to clarify that just because @Kirby-KP was breaking down your wall, that alone does not grant defender or kill rights. 

In future, you must always initiate on somebody, and they must then fulfill one of the criteria in rule 4.6 in order to grant you rights to kill them. You cannot simply kill people for any reason. Furthermore, in future, if you have to log out before your 30 minute combat timer expires, you should try to get in touch with whoever you committed a hostile act against, in order to gain their permission so you can log out early. This can be done by going into Helpdesk in the DayzRP discord, and asking to speak to somebody to try and get permission to log out early, and we will gladly assist.

The rules that support this verdict can be found below:

Spoiler

4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

4.6 If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released. A character that is taken hostage may be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the hostage was personally responsible for, or participated in a death of your ally. In any other circumstances, hostages may only be executed in the following scenarios:

Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.

Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, for example by picking up a weapon when not allowed to.

Hostages do not value their life, for example they repeatedly talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.

Approved group of the hostage or their allies refuse to negotiate or open fire on hostage takers.

Demands from negotiations with approved group of the hostage have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed.

With that, the following will apply,

Verdict:

@GoatFyourself - GUILTY - 3 DAY BAN AND 10 WARNING POINTS

Signed by: @Onyx & @Derek Steel w/ notes