Server time (UTC): 2019-09-17, 01:33
Sign in to follow this  
Hollows

Flaming Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 20cc260ebdab5e6ad01a6b8a2f1d361c.png

Why the verdict is not fair: Because I believe that there was no targeting or flaming involved. I was warned for the statement of," If you spent as much time apologizing than you do attempting to weasel out of rule breaks, these reports would rarely make it to verdict." Don't know how it violates Rule 1.1, as I'm telling the guy that if he admits his wrongdoings instead of openly attempting to denounce evidence showing he messes up, the report could've been closed and everyone could be happy. But his general attitude has been subpar, and all the individual has been doing is throwing things at us hoping literally anything sticks on the off chance is distracts the virdicting Staff members.

Rule 1.1 Criteria:

• Insult
  • Bully
  • Harass
  • Troll
  • Provoke

It wasn't an insult, there was definitely no bullying, harassment or trolling involved. I've been polite yet straightforward in my paragraph pointing out some of his flaws in his counter statement, I was mature during the ordeal and he was treated with respect in my analysis. As for it being a provocative statement, I don't think calling someone out on their misdeeds should be considered provocative. The literal premise of the statement was aimed to (hopefully) make them realize we don't want some form of Report War or to always wait these verdicts out. If, most of the time, these guys just apologize for breaking a rule instead of trying some weird backwater justification behind it, these reports would be immediately dropped.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I'm replying to a guy who is trying to downplay physical evidence of a rule break(s). My comment states and or implies that we're (were) open to discussion and hopefully come to a mutual agreement to drop the report, but he comes in swinging his member around shooting accusations with an attitude and that option went out the window.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Reduction to 3 points if not removal; it is not flaming.

What could you have done better?: Possibly reworded it? Regardless, the message would've stayed the same.

Greetings,

A separate staff team has reviewed your case and decided to deny your appeal. You can express yourself in better ways than calling people names. Simply stating, "If there was any form of acknowledgment of the rule breaks, and a sincere apology, these reports would never be posted." It isn't the opinion you received points for, but the insulting and demeaning way in which you delivered them.  

Appeal Denied.

Signed: @Mademoiselle & @Xehara